Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, I just like to say Luzhny is sh*te.

Lauren is doing a good job as things stand, but with his commitments to Cameroon, he will not be availble for selection all the time. Lee Dixon has been a great servent to us over the years, but lets face facts, he is passed his best now.

My Question is, do we need to be in the market for a new full back, and perhaps even cover for Ashley Cole on the left as well. Upson and Gio both can play in Cole's place, but neither look totaly comfortable there. I think that selling Silvinho was a mistake by Wenger.

Does any body have opinions on this, and who they would like to see come to Arsenal and play these posistions?

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Well, it is true that Luzhny definitely isn't good enough to be a first team regular, and Dixon is almost certainly in his last season, but Lauren is doing a more than capable job at the moment as right back. By the end of the season he should be able to fill that role as a regular, and I don't think Luzhny minds sitting on the bench all the time. I do think Silvinho should be got back for good coverage for Cole's place, although Cole should always be no.1 .

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i think ashly cole iss doing a superb job, maybe even better then silvinho
but i do admit it was a bloody stupid idea to sell him, i mean why cant you just have both of them?
:confused:
but luzhnny sucks
whos gonna replace him?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I couldn't agree more,Luzhny is a liability and isn't worthy we should give him away to Spurs :D :D :D We should buy another right back perhaps Geremi then Lauren could be cover for both Fred and Geremi and give us a lot more options although i think Volz is quite close so maybe Wenger will wait for him to come through ;)
Silvinho was sold because he had a schnide passport as simple as that,again i think Wenger may be waiting for Grondin or Juan to step up but i still think Dixon is decent cover for this season at least :cool:

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Ah, your right I had forgotten about Moritz Volz. I think we should rely on youth when it comes to finding defense replacements; they are more reliable to commit to the club.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well Done Some other people who think Luzhney is CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I agree that we should look for someone in the reserves. Also we should look for cover for ashley incase he gets injured. But there isn't alot of good left backs out there who want to play second fiddle.:D

·
Registered
121 Posts
The one person we should go after is Phillipe Mexes yes he is another frog but he is young and Wenger expressed interest in him last year, it's thought he might leave to Roma. He can Play Full back and right back, offer Auxerre 5 million and his ours.

One thing that's got me puzzeled is Juventus are trying to buy Hyypia, Ayala, Cannavaro, mexes, and some other defender forget who and yet there defence is without doubt the best in the world why do the need a Hyypia etc when they have Thuram, Tudor, Zenoni, Montero, Iuliano, Birindelli, and yes Ferrara is old but they dont need another superstar or 2. All they'd do is sit on the bench. It gets me wondering perhaps they want to let go a defender or 2 if thats the case we should put a bid in for Iuliano and Tudor. We could do with another big name in the back to help Campbell not that the others dont mind you just if Sol gets injured we would be stretched.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the idea of Phillipe Mexes, as ive heard alot about him at Auxerre, along with Djibril Cisse.

I agree with the point where we should go with youth, as its about time we used our youth side. After all its the best around at the moment.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
We actually need another central defender and a right defender

Adams,Keown are getting old we need their replacement beside Upson !

Right back is a problem for us ! I hope we can get someone who is more realiable in defence

1 - 9 of 9 Posts