Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I first wanted to do South Africa today but since Cameroon is in the news today with their 2 - 2 draw against England, we'll discuss them instead.

Let's come straight to business Cameroon will be the sensation in this world cup edition. Whereas most people think Nigeria is Africa's number one team it is in fact Cameroon. I wouldn't be surprised if they win group E and then stunt against the runner-up of the group of death. If that is Nigeria a historic African 16-final will be played.

The current Olympic champion combines the technique and strenght of African football with the defensive knowledge of the European clubs their players play with. German coach Winfried Schäfer has build this group into a machine that will surprise lots of people the next month.

The face of this team is Patrick Mboma. The African player of the year in 2000 is currently playing for Sunderland while he started the season at Parma. At this year's African Cup of Nations, which was won by Cameroon, Mboma showed his importance to the team by scoring 4 times. With that he became topscorer of the tournament. Lined up alongside Mallorca's forward Samuel Eto'o he forms the perfect strikers-duo. Eto'o's speed matches perfectely with Mboma's strenght and shot.

But Mboma and Eto'oare not the only class player in this squad. Olembe, Foé, Lauren and Geremi are only a few names of Cameroon- players that play with strong European clubs. Still it's in the depth of the team that lay the risks. The question will be wether Cameroon will have players to fill in fo their starting 11 once players get injured or suspended.

Preditcion
Quarter finals :dazed:

Lineup

------------------------------- Alioum ---------------------------------

-------------------------------- Kalla ----------------------------------
------------------------ Song ------- Tchato-------------------------

------------------------------- Foé -------------------------------------
Geremi --------- Lauren ----------- Olembe --------------- Womé

------------------------- Mboma ------ Eto'o -----------------------

Schedule
June 1: Cameroon - Ireland
June 6: Cameroon - Saoudi Arabia
June 11: Cameroon - Germany

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Yes Amo :)

I would change smth. though. I would take Wome and Geremi into left and right defense letting them play a 4-4-2. Tchato in the left midfield, Lauren right, Olembe and Foe central.

I love Cameroon and i wish them good luck for the WC

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
believe it or not, Pius Ndiefi can be the susprise player for cameroon this summer (i am almost sure of this)... and eto'o will as usual suck more and more..

cameroon to reach the wc semi final and win bronze..

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Cameroon is definitely the strongest African side. I give them big chances of reaching the quarter finals.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1-0 against the Saoudi's. An wafull match and an awfull result.Every single Cameroon player yesterday thought he was god's gift to football and tried to make the action of the tournament. A decent pass however was to much to ask. The day this horrible attitude disappears in African football will be a bright day. I think however that we're far from it :(. The result now is that Cameroon has to win from Germany. It could have been easy but no :mad:

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2-0 dream is over.

Typical loss of concentration when everything turned their way :rolleyes:. Will this problem ever go out of African football :( :rolleyes: :confused:

Anyway Lopez Nieto made a complete joke out of this game. 17 yellow cards and 2 reds, in a game that wasn't even that unfair.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Damn it, my last hope for an African champion gone. Cameroon has really dissapointed me. They can do much better (like Nigeria ofcourse). So now it's up to Senegal and hopefully South Africa and maybe Tunisia to do it for Africa :depress:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts