Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aalesund FK is a football club from the beautiful Norwegian city of Ålesund, and the region of Sunnmøre. They plays their matches at Color Line Stadium, and play in orange jerseys and socks, with blue shorts. The club is playing on the second highest level of Norwegian football this season, after getting relegated from the Norwegian top league in 2005. Everyone expects promotion in 2006, and hopefully they will get it.

Ålesund city was rebuilt in the Art Noveau style in 1904, after a fire raged through the city earlier in the year. The city is surrounded by the sea, fjords and mountains. A strong local identity among the citizens, the fact that the city is the largest in the northwestern part of Norway, and one of Northern Europe's most busy ports, gives the club great potential.

The club and its fans are proud of the history of the club, but have no problem admitting that the club has not had the kind of success that it should have had, or that its fans have deserved. Not until the 2003 season did the club ever reach the Norwegian top league, despite being extremely close time and time again in the past. For example, between 1986 and 1988, the club finished third, on the second highest level in Norway, three years in a row, only a couple of points behind either a playoff place or even a direct promotion place.

With the success in 2002, the amount of media coverage, fans at matches, and ambitious future plans, lifted all parts of the club to new records. In the important last match of the season against Sandefjord in 2002, it was reported that over 10.000 spectators had filled up the stands on the highly original stadium. Half the fans had to sit in steep grassy terrain, so original that the BBC decided to make a short story about it, that was shown on British tv to much praise in Ålesund.

The club has recently built an internationally recognised sportshall, and and opened the new all seater Color Line Stadium last season. It has a capacity of just under 11.000. Not quite as big as the stadiums of the big clubs in the bigger leagues of Europe, but highly respectable by Norwegian standards. However, the club would have no problem filling a much larger stadium, with every single league match being at full capacity in 2005. Even if the club is now playing one division lower, the club seems set to fill the stadium week in and week out.

In 2003 the club played its first season in the Norwegian top league, after being giants on the second highest level for most of the past 30 years. In its first year up, the club got relegated in the last minute. Rosenborg surprisingly lost to Tromsø, with Tromsø passing AaFK on the table after that 95th minute goal.

In 2004, AaFK bounced straight back, easily getting promoted from division one on second place, a few points behind Start. The division one experience was a good one, but fans and the club alike both agreed that the club now needed to survive on the highest level.

Survive they did not, and the club again got relegated in the last round of the season, after producing many fine results. The club won the first match of the season against Odd Grenland by 2-1, scoring two goals in the final ten minutes of the match. They got a fine win at home to Rosenborg, and defeated Start away in one of the most entertaining AaFK matches of all time.

Now the club is back on the second highest level, but they do not intend on staying there. For once, the club is a giant in the most traditional terms. AaFK is spending more money in 2006 than a few of the top league clubs, and much more than any other 1st division club. The stadium will be packed, as a new coach, and several new players (more about that later), will hope to give that extra boost to a club that only has one true goal, promotion.

This thread will be used for information on AaFK's season, match reports, and various kind of news about the club. The thread is also open for debate, about AaFK, Norwegian football, the Norwegian top league, and any other related debate issues. If you just want to give a comment, or have any questions, please post it in this thread, and I'll do my best to answer it. Everyone is welcome.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
League matches 2006
All matches 18.00, unless otherwise stated.

09. april Tromsdalen - AaFK
17. april AaFK - FK Haugesund Color Line Stadion
23. april AaFK - Sogndal Color Line Stadion
30. april Moss - AaFK Melløs Stadion
07. may AaFK - Sparta Sarpsborg Color Line Stadion
13. may Løv Ham - AaFK
16. may AaFK - Hødd Color Line Stadion
21. may Hønefoss - AaFK
25. may AaFK - Follo Color Line Stadion
29. may 19.00 FK Manglerud Star Oslo - AaFK
04. june 19.00 AaFK - Strømsgodset Color Line Stadion
Vacation
02. july Bryne - AaFK
09. july AaFK - Bodø Glimt Color Line Stadion
16. july Kongsvinger - AaFK Gjemselund Stadion
23. july AaFK - Pors Grenland Color Line Stadion
30. july AaFK - Tromsdalen Color Line Stadion
06. august FK Haugesund - AaFK Haugesund Stadion
13. august Sogndal - AaFK Fosshaugane
20. august AaFK - Moss Color Line Stadion
27. august Sparta Sarpsborg - AaFK
03. september AaFK - Løv Ham Color Line Stadion
09. september 16.00 Hødd - AaFK Høddvoll
17. september AaFK - Hønefoss BK Color Line Stadion
24. september Follo - AaFK
01. october AaFK - FK Manglerud Star Oslo Color Line Stadion
08. october Strømsgodset - AaFK Marienlyst Gml.
15. october AaFK - Bryne Color Line Stadion
22. october Bodø Glimt - AaFK Aspmyra
29. october 13.00 AaFK - Kongsvinger Color Line Stadion
05. november Pors Grenland - AaFK

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Keepers:
Andreas Lie
Adin Brown
Roar Husby

Defence:
Joakim Alexandersson
Herman Ekeberg
Bjørn Erik Melland
Thomas Gjørtz
Marius Aam
Gustave Baheten Bahoken
Haraldur Freyr Gudmundsson
Peter Werni
Mattias Nylund
Oddbjørn Lie (loaned out to Hødd)

Midfield:
Kristoffer Tollås
Erlend Holm
Trond Fredriksen
Stian Johnsen
Karl Oskar Fjørtoft
Dag Roar Ørsal
Thomas Pedersen

Attack:
Lasse Olsen
Joakim R. Austnes
Tor Hogne Aarøy
Dede Anderson

Coach:
Per Joar Hansen

Pictures of the stadium:
http://www.renac.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=57

Official site: www.aafk.no

Official fanclub site: www.stormensupport.no (includes webshop)

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
I crossed my fingers in autumn that you don´t get relegated, but unfortunately I had been no help. So I will watch out for your season in the second league. I´ll cross my fingers again. :)

Orange said:
Now the club is back on the second highest level, but they do not intend on staying there. For once, the club is a giant in the most traditional terms. AaFK is spending more money in 2006, than a few of the top league clubs, and much more than any other 1st division club. The stadium will be packed, as a new coach, and several new players (more about that later), will hope to give that extra boost to a club that only has one true goal, promotion.
That´s good to hear. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you audiollama, AaFK have every chance in the world of getting promoted this season, but of course the matches have to be played first.

Brazilian striker Dede Anderson will serve a two match suspension at the start of the season, after an incident in a match against local rivals Molde. Adin Brown and Dag Roar Ørsal might be fit for next weekend, but are injured ahead of today's match. Thomas Pedersen is also injured. There has been some controversy surrounding Cameroonian defender Gustave Bahoken. If I am to believe the rumours, he would rather play higher up in the league system. He has struggled with an injury this spring, and will not play against Tromsdalen. Erlend Holm has just recovered from an injury, and if he feels fine, he will play.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Good luck on the new season Orange :)
Hopefully AaFK will get promoted again. You got the players to do it and I consider you favourites to win the first division, even with Hansen as a coach :D

Will be interesting to see how Dede does, both when it comes to scoring and getting cards :)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Probable starting lineup today:

Andreas Lie (reserve: Roar Husby)

Peter Werni Joakim Alexandersson Haraldur Gudmundsson Mattias Nylund (reserves: Thomas Gjørtz & Marius Aam)

Trond Fredriksen Karl Oskar Fjørtoft Erlend Holm (reserve: Kristoffer Tollås)

Lasse Olsen Tor Hogne Aarøy Joakim Austnes (reserve: Stian Johnsen)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jinxter said:
Good luck on the new season Orange :)
Hopefully AaFK will get promoted again. You got the players to do it and I consider you favourites to win the first division, even with Hansen as a coach :D
Thank you, we really should have a great season. Good luck to Brann as well.

Jinxter said:
Will be interesting to see how Dede does, both when it comes to scoring and getting cards :)
He's our most expencive player ever, and there are a lot of expectations he has to live up to. He's been good, and has continously been improving this spring, it's just a shame he picked up that red card against Molde. I am not too nervous on his behalf though, if he behaves on the pitch, I am confident that there will be plenty of goals.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Congrats for the first win of the season! :)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. AaFK won 2-1 away to Tromsdalen. It wasn't a very well played match, but two goals from Lasse Olsen sealed the deal. Now hopefully, the team will shine at home against Haugesund next monday. :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Aalesund FK 2 - 1 FK Haugesund
A: 10200, me included :cool:

0-1 Jørn Hansen 43'
1-1 Joakim Austnes 83'
2-1 Tor Hogne Aarøy 87'

Aalesund:

A. Lie

T. Gjørtz H. Gudmundsson P. Werni M. Nylund

E. Holm K. Fjørtoft T. Fredriksen

L. Olsen T. Aarøy S. Johnsen​

Bench:
R. Husby
K. Tollås
M. Aam
H. Ekeberg
J. Austnes
B. Melland

Players out: Adin Brown, Gustave Bahoken, Dedè Anderson, Joachim Alexandersson

Great match yesterday! I thought this was gonna be one of those days when nothing were gonna go AaFK's way, but thankfully Austnes and Tollås came in and gave the attack the needed sting. Austnes should definately start against Sogndal next sunday if he's fit.

6 points out of the two first rounds is as ordered.

In my mind AaFK should field something close to this against Sogndal next sunday:

A. Brown

G. Bahoken H. Gudmundsson J. Alexandersson M. Nylund

J. Austnes D. Anderson L. Olsen​

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What should have been an easy match at home against newly promoted Haugesund FK, turned out to be a real battle yesterday at Color Line Stadium. Despite heavy pressure in the first 20 minutes, and several big chances, the home team could not get the ball in the back of the net. After this the match went into a rut, both teams only producing a few chances the rest of the half, until finally Haugesund took the lead just before half-time. A shocked and disappointed crowd of 10.200 could not believe what they were seeing. The second half was much stronger from AaFK's side, and at times it seemed like there was only one team on the field. However, it took for Joakim Austnes and Kristoffer Tollås to be put on as substitutes, before AaFK managed to put the ball into the back of the net. In the 81st minute, a beautiful pass from Karl Oskar Fjørtoft left Austnes free on goal, and 1-1 was a fact, only three minutes after Austnes had entered the pitch. Another three minutes passed, before Tor Hogne Aarøy sent a Lasse Olsen cross into the back of the net. AaFK had turned things around, and another win seemed certain. However, after a massive AaFK pressure looking for a third goal, in the 94th minute, Haugesund suddenly broke through, and only the top bar stopped the hard fighting team from managing a draw. AaFK had won, and six points after two matches were in the bag. However, better performances are needed to beat the likes of Bryne, Strømsgodset, Moss and Bodø/Glimt.

AaFK: Lie, Gjørtz, Werni, Gudmundsson, Nylund, Fredriksen (Tollås for 25 min), Holm, Olsen, Aarøy & Johnsen (Austnes for 15 min).

Joakim Alexandersson got injured this week and could not play against Haugesund. He is set to come back soon, along with Dede Anderson & Gustave Bahoken.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I didn't see your post there Bruiser. Great to hear that you went to the match! :)

Bruiser said:
In my mind AaFK should field something close to this against Sogndal next sunday:

A. Brown

G. Bahoken H. Gudmundsson N. Alexandersson M. Nylund

J. Austnes D. Anderson L. Olsen​

Even if everyone was injury free, this might be AaFK's best starting lineup at the moment, although Dag Roar Ørsal, Peter Werni & Tor Hogne Aarøy probably wouldn't agree with that.

Of course, Kristoffer Tollås & Andreas Lie oozes talent, and probably needs a lot of playing time in division one this season, if they are going to become a success in Tippeligaen as soon as 2007 (hopefully for AaFK!) :D

I'm not sure Thomas Gjørtz quite has got what it takes yet, although he does seem to be improving. Stian Johnsen has gotten a lot more playing time than I thought he would, but he hasn't convinced me yet. Ekeberg, Melland, Aam and Husby might become almost unused reserves this season, and Thomas Pedersen is young and talented, but sadly injured for several months. Oddbjørn Lie that's on loan to Hødd hasn't played for his new club yet, which he definetly needs to do if he's going to become a success in AaFK in the future.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
An inspired AaFK was completely dominant against Sogndal on Sunday.

While Brown and Alexandersson rested for one more match after their injuries, Cameroon's Bahoken and Brazil's Dede were back to set their mark on the match.

AaFK had about 10 major chances in this match, with Sogndal fans counting two or three for the away team. The possession in midfield and the pressure on the field, belonged almost exclusively to AaFK, but the club could not get the ball in the back of the net in the first half.

The second half started much better though, and in the 52nd minute Dede easily put the ball behind the keeper. Mattias Nylund had sent a pass to Aarøy, who flicked it through to Dede inside the box, just escaping the offside, the Brazilian was left alone with Sogndal's keeper and could not fail. Three minutes later, Dede and Aarøy were involved again, as AaFK grabbed a second goal. A beautiful cross from the side, left Aarøy with an easy header for 2-0. In the dying minutes of the match AaFK had several big opportunities, but could not manage to get the third goal.

AaFK: Lie, Bahoken, Werni, Gudmundsson, Nylund, Fredriksen, Fjørtoft, Holm, Olsen (Austnes for 16 min), Dedé og Aarøy.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AaFK were completely dominant in the second half against Moss on Sunday, and left the stadium with a 5-0 win. Experienced AaFK players Trond Fredriksen and Tor Hogne Aarøy scored two goals each, with Joakim Austnes finishing of the match with the 5-0 goal.

The first half was relatively tight, even if Dede first missed a penalty, and then Fredriksen sent AaFK into the lead later in the half. Moss had a couple of decent chances, and everyone was still expecting a tough match. The second half was another story though, and two amazing shots from about 20 yards, first from Aarøy and then from Fredriksen sealed the deal. At the end Moss looked completely beaten, and hardly even put up a fight.

AaFK: Lie, Bahoken, Werni, Gudmundsson, Nylund, Fredriksen, Fjørtoft (Tollås for 2 min), Holm, Olsen (Austnes for 30 min), Aarøy & Dedé (Johnsen for 2 min)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Code:
1 Aalesund             4  4  0  0  11-2 12  
2 Bryne                4  3  1  0  11-5 10  
3 Strømsgodset         4  3  1  0  8-4  10  
4 Løv-Ham              4  2  1  1  5-3  7  
5 FK Haugesund         4  2  0  2  7-4  6  
6 Bodø/Glimt           4  2  0  2  9-7  6  
7 Sogndal              4  2  0  2  6-6  6  
8 Pors Grenland        4  2  0  2  5-7  6  
9 Hønefoss             4  1  2  1  9-8  5  
10 Kongsvinger         4  1  2  1  1-3  5  
11 Sparta Sarpsborg    4  1  1  2  3-3  4  
12 Tromsdalen          4  1  1  2  5-7  4  
13 Follo               4  1  0  3  9-10 3  
14 Moss                4  1  0  3  5-10 3  
15 Hødd                4  0  2  2  2-8  2  
16 FK Manglerud/Star   4  0  1  3  3-13 1

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
It's great to see that Tollås is getting some time, and great that Aalesund is doing well. Hopefully both will have very successfull seasons.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We won't go unbeaten, and I would even go as far as saying that Bodø/Glimt, Bryne and Strømsgodset will give us a good fight for the promotion spots. At the moment I can't see anyone else doing it though.

16. FK Manglerud/Star is already looking hopeless, and that's after only 4(!!) rounds.

13. Follo &
12. Tromsdalen &
11. Sparta Sarpsborg &
4. Løv-Ham are minnows in this league, and will probably struggle to stay out of relegation. Credit to Løv-Ham for a great start to the season.

15. Hødd &
10. Kongsvinger &
9. Hønefoss &
8. Pors Grenland &
5. FK Haugesund all seem set to fight somewhere above relegation but below promotion. It's still early though, and a couple of these will probably either surprise or disappoint.

14. Moss has had a surprisingly poor start. They certainly don't look like promotion candidates now, although I expect them to end up on the upper half of the table.

7. Sogndal have got some good players, and plenty of history. They have already lost the difficult away match at Color Line Stadium, and might be a challenger to the top spots.

6. Bodø/Glimt will be in the top, no doubt about it. I expect them to get better results once Runar Berg and Erik Hoftun are back in action after their injuries.

3. Strømsgodset &
2. Bryne has got everything going for them at the moment. Good results, good squads, organisations that are used to being in the top league, proper amounts of investments, and great form.

1. Aalesund will be really tough to stop. Today Adin Brown, Joakim Alexandersson and Dag Roar Ørsal are back from injuries (Ørsal was sick), when the reserves play against Hareid in division 3. That only leaves talented Thomas Pedersen out after his operation, and even if he was well he wouldn't have been in the starting eleven. Things are going almost too smoothly for AaFK now, and I'm just hoping it will continue all through the season.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
AaFK won their second team match 4-3 over Hareid yesterday. Adin Brown played the first half, a half that AaFK won 3-0. The junior keeper/4th keeper took over in the second half, and was obviously nowhere close to Brown's level. Both Ørsal (the whole match) and Alexandersson (the second half) played, which shows that AaFK is now basically injury free.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts