Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is it, Ronaldo, Romario, Greaves, Batistuta or someone else like Fontaine?

Didn't include Van Basten because I think he's a bit overrated & his scoring record could have been better.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Puskas better be in the top 2...

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Danny Dichio.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Who is it, Ronaldo, Romario, Greaves, Batistuta or someone else like Fontaine?

Didn't include Van Basten because I think he's a bit overrated & his scoring record could have been better.
When the Van Basten goal score with the Milan, the Milan never lose. never never never never never never. NEVER. Check statistsiques if you love the number. Also 2time top scorer of the serie A when best ligue in the univers and 10 golazi in CL 1989 when less match and more serious.

Other footballists of your list = the jokers compare to the Van Basten.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well if Puskas is there that means either Pele or Muller aren't, so one of them.

Muller is the 1st, I mean, just look at his goal scoring record, it's untouchable.

Pele I have excluded from the list. He is so great, it's not fair to have him on any list as such.

So,

1.Muller

2.Puskas

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Di Stefano had a good scoring record too.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
It's impossible not to rate Van Basten. At the same time I have to be objective & according to me, there have been better goal-scorers.

Van Basten's goal-scoring record for his country could be better.
Don't forget he had a short career... he was only 28 when he retired.
He wasn't even in his prime and missed 7 or maybe more years of football.
The years he did play, he never could give a full 100% 'cause of the injury.

I agree that his goal ratio in the Dutch NT wasn't that good, but still he was topscorer of EURO 88 and therefore scored when it was most important. During the World Cup 90 the whole Dutch team played bad and in EURO 92 he played well but was always swarmed by defenders and a young Dennis Bergkamp could profit of that. It's fair you don't consider him the 3rd greatest goalscorer ever (matter of opinion) but Van Basten was definitely not overrated.

·
Registered
125 Posts
431 match with 301 gols = the Van Basten.

In Ajax = more gol than match.
In Milan = 2 time serie A top scorer (only play 5 season). Also Top scorer of 1989 CL (10 gols in many less game of the today).
Top scorer of Euro 88.
Gold shoe in 1986.

is bad??

Also, is only statistiques (even if the very good). Look what gol he score.
Top sex gol in Euro 88 final, after total destruct of England (3 gols) and germany (gol + win penalty) in Germany.
Gol of scudetto in 88 agaisnt napoli.
Winner goal in 1989 CL QF to Werder. Gol of the sex in Bernabeu CL semi 89 and gol of the evn more sex in return 5-0 win. 2 super gol in final aainst Bucarest.
win gol against bayern in semi CL 1990.
25 super gosl in 91/92 = no one scored the so much in serie A with 18 teams since many many years.
12 game 13 gols (many very sex) in serie A 92/93 and super top scorer in CL before horrible injury and career finish when 28.
So many important gol (how many against the Inter, Juve, Napoli, Samp : VEY VERY MANY), so many beautiful gols.

also is just exemple from the memory of me : you surch and you can not close eye.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Bican, Romario, Nordahl, Van Basten, Greaves, Zarra...

·
Registered
125 Posts
also first season 87/88 only 11 games so not possible to be top scorer and last season 92/93 = for sure topscorter if not injury = 2 times top scorer from 4 complete season and in 1989 = second top scorer after Serena

= fantstic

·
African WC haha
5,934 Posts
Van Basten overrated....from a MILAN fan :wth:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.