Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
globoesporte.com picks their 25 best of class of 1992...anyone agrees?

================

Stephan El Shaarawy (Italy - Genoa)

Marco Ezio Fossati (Italy - Inter)

Davide Petrucci (Italy - Manchester United)

Pedro Mba Obiang (Spain - Sampdoria)

Jonjo Shelvey (England - Charlton)

Jack Wilshire (England - Arsenal)

Wilms Alessio (Germany - Lazio)

Luis Gustavo (Portugal - Barcelona)

Christian Landu Landu, (Norway - Viking FK)

Nikola Sarica (Denmark - Liverpool)

Filip Djuricic (Serbia-Heerenven)

Uros Palibrk (Slovenia - Milan)

Vaclav Kadlec (Czech Republic - Prague S.)

Shekiladze Irakli (Georgia - Empoli)

Philippe Coutinho (Brazil - Vasco da Gama)

Ajoke Duarte Brandao (Portugal - Real Madrid)

Neymar da Silva Santos Junior (Brazil - Santos)

Raul (Brazil - Santos)

Erik Lamela (Argentina - River Palt)

Diego Polenta (Uruguay - Genoa)

Johhans Dulcien (Chile - Colo Colo)

Diego Suarez (Bolivia-Dinamo Kiev)

Torrice Jebrin (Ghana - Portsmouth)

Oguzhan Özyakup (Holland - Arsenal)

José Baxter (Everton England)

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Class of 1992 means they graduated in 92, doesn't it? I was expecting to see people like Giggs and stuff.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Yeah, only ever seen Wilshere and Baxter play, they both look very good but maybe a bit similar to each other. Dunno about the rest of the list.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
I thought Djuricic signed for United? Coutinho has definitely signed for Inter, I know that much.

Anyway as Jani says, this is pretty hard to answer, considering hardly any of thise guys have made substantial first team appearances. I mean Petrucci looks good, but good enough to be in the top 25 of his generation? Far too early to tell.

Erik 'rabona boy' Lamela is that kid with videos on youtube from when he was 14 or something right? Good to hear he's still doing well.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
I've seen many of these players in action, not many times as youth games aren't given very often.

Interesting how yet another of Atléticos canteranos has been stolen by another club, Pedro Mba Obiang left the past summer. He's a striker as far as I'm concerned and did quite well during his time in Atlétis youth systems.

Davide Petrucci (Manchester United), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Nikola Sarić (Liverpool), Neymar (Santos), Torric Jibril (Portsmouth), Oguzhan Özyakup (Arsenal) and José Baxter (Everton) are the more well-known players in this age-group.

As for Filip Đuričić; he was only on trial with Manchester United in January this year, then he went back to Serbia and would eventually sign for Heerenveen. I just had the chance to see him in the U17 Elite Round two days ago and he definitely seems like a promising player.

Đuričić is a playmaker and has pretty low gravity, very good passer of the ball, can find openings that a "10" usually only finds so he's definitely got vision and projection as well. He's also really good technically for his age and organizes the game very well for his team.

Decent crossing as well.

As for other prospects; Atlético has two really good prospects coming through their ranks at the moment.

Borja González (1992-08-25): This kid has a similar goalscoring rate to Fernando Torres when he used to play for Atlétis youth teams before Luis Áragones brought him up to the first team. Borja has scored over 250 goals since his father, who's a goalkeeping coach, brought him to the club. He scored 50 goals in 29 games during his first year for Cadete A and then went on to play on junior level this year where he's got 21 goals in 25 appearances.

Borja has also scored 5 goals in 6 appereances for the spanish U17-team this season. The most impressive thing was perhaps last year when he ended up beating Portugal on his own by scoring 5 goals in a 7-0-win in a youth tournament.

Abel Resino even invited him to train with the first team this week and he ended up scoring five goals in his first training with Atléticos first team minus the internationals, plus two goals yesterday when they organized a scrimmage against Atlético C.

Tall, strong and very good in the penalty area. Atléti definitely needs a player of these qualities in the future. He should be ready to play for Atlético B if Abraham García wants him as the junior leagues are ending in 3-4 weeks.

Jorge Resurrección Merodio (1992-01-18): He's more known as Koke and Wenger has been trying to sign him for over a year now. This guy is a keypart of Atlético B in Segunda División B and captain of the spanish U17-selection (only player to actually play in Segunda B) out of his teammates.

Koke is a defensive midfielder and organizes the game well from his positions, good passer of the ball and has a nice shot that he should use a lot more. Played for Cadete A last season, but was moved up to Atléti B right away when he showed his potential and quality, so that's why he skipped the juniorlevels. A hard worker who's described as a crossover between Albert Zápater and Xavi in the way he plays by his teammates, I personally think he's an excellent example of a young player that can take the step from lower level to play in the third division in Spain. Very intelligent player IMO.

He should be on Atlétis first team when they go on pre-season.

Sergio Marcos González (1992-02-03): This is another of Atlétis big prospects coming out of the cantera. He plays for Juvenil A and has been great together with Germán Pacheco, Dani Martín and Borja González this season. An attacking midfield organizer who can create a lot of chances with his excellent passing.

The big four, plus Manchester City have been trying to steal him as he's got no professional contract with Atléti. He's a fan of the club though and travelled nearly 120 km to train and play for Atléti, every single day until two years ago. The club is going to renew his contract soon hopefully.

Was a part of the spanish U17-team, but they have plenty of option as their "10", so that's why he's finally been left out. Isco of Valencia has that spot at the moment.

Add the fact that Spain have Isco (Valencia), Iker Muniain (Athletic) and Pablo Sarabia (Real Madrid) playing for Spains U17-team at the moment and you'll have a bunch of great players mixed together.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I don'yt need to know anyone there to say that only two brazilians and only one argie sounds bizarre...I'm just looking through my window a kid in the park better than all of them...

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
I don'yt need to know anyone there to say that only two brazilians and only one argie sounds bizarre...I'm just looking through my window a kid in the park better than all of them...
And that kid is Sergio Araujo for sure:thumbsup:

This list is absured and stupid!

Villalba, Araujo, Balbuena, Espindola to name a few are better than Lamela...so to not name a non argie.

However, watch the U-17 sudamericana next month in Chile and you will poop over all those in the list.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
And that kid is Sergio Araujo for sure:thumbsup:

This list is absured and stupid!

Villalba, Araujo, Balbuena, Espindola to name a few are better than Lamela...so to not name a non argie.

However, watch the U-17 sudamericana next month in Chile and you will poop over all those in the list.
..I was just kidding...though anyway is true that if two countries won almost every YWC and have three players among 25, doesn't seem a good scouting

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Jonjo Shelvey is a great prospect. He could be one of the first English players in a while who can control a game and create chances. Technically very strong and his vision is very good.

Jack Wilshire is an unbelievable player. I think in terms of technical ability, he is in front with a large percentage of the England squad. He is very quick, got a great low centre of gravity, he is tough enough not to be bossed and he can beat players, to create chances.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
That list doesn't bring up many of the talented and upcoming players, it's mainly players who's known for the regular youth football follower or players who have gotten some kind of attention early on.

Töre is definitely a great player, he was excellent with Turkeys U17's last season. He's a fast, tricky and techincally gifted youngster who uses his dribble well, good at crossing and can play as a LB.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Gokhan Tore as a LB? He is a completely offensive player never seen him in any kind of defensive role... offensive all rounder describes him very well as he can play on either wing, behind the strikers, or even as a second striker, good with both feet, so good he can use both feet on dead ball situations depending on which one is more advantageous for the occasion. It took me a while to eventually conclude that he was naturally a left footed player. He needs to get a lot stronger though and might also do good with a new haircut...

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Ajoke Duarte Brandao (Portugal - Real Madrid)
its Alipio, not Ajoke, unless that was a joke!

and hes brilliant, really looks the part.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts