Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this edition of the gulf cup will be hosted by Yemen, Its kick off will be on Monday 22 Nov. :)

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
draw, the group stage

Mon 22 Nov

Yemen vs Saudi Arabia
Kuwait vs Qatar

Tue 23 Nov

Iraq vs UAE
Oman vs Bahrain

Wed 24 Nov

Qatar vs Yemen
Saudi Arabia vs Kuwait

Thursday 25 Nov

Bahrain vs Iraq
Oman vs UAE

Friday 26 Nov

Saudi Arabia vs Qatar
Yemen vs Kuwait

Sat 27 Nov

Oman vs Iraq
UAE vs Bahrain

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i heard that the emirate team may play with the U23 team..

also the saudi team will miss some important names due to injuries or some who hasn`t been called up, e.g, Yassir Alqahtani(not fit) , Noor, Alsahlawi( injured), AlZouri,... etc

·
Registered
81 Posts
UAE U-23 is a very good team and they prepare this team to London 2012

In the last two editions, host country's team win the tiltle, but I do not think Yemen can do it

I think this compitions turned to be very week from 6 years, In the past it was very strong

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i agree with you, i don`t predict this edition to as strong as in last decade. maybe in 2 or 3 games to be strong and interesting but not the whole tournament.

I expectation be wrong. ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think Gulf cup in 90s was very strong & interesting when they play it by round robin but now after dividing teams into two groups, it's not good and it become easier to win
So you find teams like UAE took the title and team like Oman reach the final reach three consecutive finals

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i`m a bit agree with you that dividing the teams to 2 groups may help some team to reach final and win the title.

but do you agree with me the saudi and iraqi teams are always the strongest at least in last decade when a team like kuwait has a huge drop?

also, don`t forget that both iraq and saudi teams were in the final of the asian cup 07.

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the saudi team will play in their reserves team in this cup

called up players:

assaf algarni
husain shaiaan
khalid sharaheli
osama almualad
mohammad aid
majed bilal
meshal alsaeed
kamel almousa
mansur alharbi
rashid alrahaib
khalid alghamdi
alghanaam
alkhaibari
tasieer aljasim
aldosarai
alshalhob
sultan numari
saleh basheir
rayan bilal
alshari
yousif alsaelm
muhannad aseeri
alzailaei

·
Registered
81 Posts
For Saudi Arabia yes
Saudi Arabia qualified to final 2009 & Semi-final 2007
but the new system made it easy to eliminate a team like Saudi Arabia by knock-out
They failed to make anything in Gulf Cup 2009 (eliminated from 1st round) , World Cup 2010 Qualifiers & FIFA Confederation Cup 2009, they will do nothing in Gulf Cup 2010 & Asian Cup 2011
Because there is no system in Iraq, they won Asian Cup & 4th place in Athens 2004 because they were good players & coach not because there was a system can save those victories

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
in the last edition in Oman, the final was Oman vs Saudi Arabia. Oman won in Penalties.

yea, sometimes players can overcome the bad system of their federations.

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tbh, i`m not fully confident of saudi team in this cup. i`m not expecting them reach the final this time, the semi final will be a decent achievement for this squad.

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the tournament to start tomorrow, some worrying about security issue for the visitors in this yemen these days.

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it`s always the best chance for the host team to win the cup at home and in front of their fans. so it`s time for yemen to do their best for that although that their squad isn`t that strong in comparing to other gulf teams.

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
expected formation for saudi team:

shaiaan - rashed - aid - osama- mansur- ghaleb- ahmed- alshalhob- alzailaei -numari-basheir

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
25 minutes and suadi team scroed early by their defender osama'4

expected formation for saudi team:

shaiaan - rashed - aid - osama- mansur- ghaleb- ahmed- alshalhob- alzailaei -numari-basheir
different lineup that started this match

saudi lineup

assaf algarni
rashid- osama -aid- alsaeed
numari- ghaleb- alghanaam- aljasim
alshalhoob(c)
aseeri

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
35 min and still 0-1

a very good match till now. yemen is better in recent minutes in this 1st half.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts