Xtratime Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although this season isnt at its end yet, I have started considering the following seasons possible starting eleven. I believe we could get a KICKASS squad to the next season if Ranieri will listen to me...
Look and be amazed by this team:

...............................Cudicini...................
Cafu...Gallas......Terry......Babayaro (Le Saux)
Gronkjaer....Petit...Hargreaves....Cole (Joe)
.........Knight (leon)......Cole (Charlton)

Subs: Bosnich
Desailly
Nolan
Forssell
Vassell

The first thing Ranieri would do to get this squad is to sell JIMBO and Gudjohnson for £30m+. Then he will sell Lampard and hopefully get some money:D . With this money he should first of get Cafu and Joe Cole. Cafu has said that he would like to play in England and Cole WILL move to a bigger club.

If he was able to sell Lampard then he should sign Hargreaves, who probably wouldnt mind playing closer to Sven-Goran..., from Bayern Munich. Finally Nolan from Bolton and Vassell (perhaps not on the bench) should complete the squad. The reason I chose Cole and Knight in front is that they in theory should be the perfect COUPLE... Together they got it all and if not we would have two extremly good players to replace one or both of them with.

I LOVE MY SQUAD...

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I don't think Leon Knight is up to much. OK, he's done ok in the lower leagues, with Huddersfield if im not mistaken but it a massive step up. I also think he might be a bit small and a bit weak for the big league.

I also think u have too many changes. You need a sense of continuality. For example, it took Jimmy and Gudjonnson the best part of a season to form a decent partnership, why throw that away.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, the idea of selling Jimbo and Gudjohson was more of a joke. They have done a great season and seems to like to be playing with eachother. In contrast to this has the midfield sucked hard. Its only Petit and Gronk that has played OK. We have to make a total makeover in midfield.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Swede, I haven't yet conversed with you so don't take this the wrong way.

Your set up is part of our problem. Once it don't work, revamp it.

It's been proven in football (hey guess where? at the Bridge!) that this system does not work.

We need time to play and mold as a true team. We've performed brilliantly at times and at other times well......

I think the problem is that there is no "team" spirit. Let's face it everybody is there for the pounds. But if a greater sense of purpose and pride can grow then I think a great part of the puzzle will be found.

btw. This was directed at Bates and management not Swede.

Look at the top two this year. ManU have a strong core and many of the Arsenal chaps are veterans of the double winning side a few years ago.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Youre right. But after this season I dont think that Lampard is the WILL to build around because what I seen he doesnt seem to have enough talent. I think buying two more englishmen into midfield wouldnt hurt the teamspirit...

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Agreed.

Now let's win the Cup shall we.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts