Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was watching maraton last night......and they showed a clip from Steua Bucarest game. The ref had just blown the last whistle and Besiktas players are attacking the ref in their usual way demanding more injury time.....like they are gonna get it.... :rollani:

Anyways......as this was happening suddenly this familiar guy with a moustache is walking fast towards the the ref and the angry besiktas players.....and he pulls the players one by one away from the ref.....and apologising to the refs and shaking their hands....

Yes, im talking about Del Bosque.......

I have to say that i really like this fellow.....i said the day he arrived to Türkiye and im saying it again. "Del Bosque is a great oppurtunity for Turkish football.....he has so much to give and if he stays for a longer period of time Turkish football will improve if not on the pitch at least off the pitch.

When del Bosque was interviewd by after the incident.....he said: This was the first time in my career that i had to apologise to a ref!

But the problem is that it doesnt seem like besiktas players are listening to him because if they were they wouldnt be attacking the ref after the final whistle...

So why do i want Besiktas to succeed.....?

Because if he is succesful at Besiktas he will stay....and if he stays he will....obviously....make a good team out of Besiktas.....but my biggest hope is that he will help change the mentality of Turkish players....!

But im not blaming besiktas for the constant complaining....like it or not that's something Lucescu introduced to both GS and Besiktas...... :rollani:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I'm not always agree with you Cengo, but this time I'm on your side! :thmbup:

That's what I was telling for a long time now - Del Bosque is not only a very good coach, but he's also a very strong personality and he really can make things change. Turkish players are as good as any others, but its the mentality that has to be changed.

Cheers!

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back to topic......we were talking about Del Bosque and his importance for Turkish football!

As Tolga said he is very calm and humble......but i dont agree with him that he isnt a good coach....on the contrary i think he is one of the best. But he arrived to Besiktas on the worst possible time....!

If Del Bosque stays another season....he will most likely send away players like Emre Asik, Ibrahim Ü, Ronaldo, Cordoba maybe even Sergen. He never had the chance to build his own team because of his late arrival.....so this team is Serdar Bilgili's and the new board's team.....not Del Bosques's!

But you also have to congratulate besiktas board (not often i do this) for doing a first in Türkiye by sticking to it's coach although being in the middle of the table. This is a something we are not used to see in the three big clubs.

There was this show about Del Bosque yesterday night on LigTV.....and the interview just made me like him even more!

I really hope he stays..

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Cengo said:
Because if he is succesful at Besiktas he will stay....and if he stays he will....obviously....make a good team out of Besiktas.....but my biggest hope is that he will help change the mentality of Turkish players....!

But im not blaming besiktas for the constant complaining....like it or not that's something Lucescu introduced to both GS and Besiktas...... :rollani:
:howler:

Arent you the one who was calling Besiktas a pathetic and mediocre team after we trashed Fener 2-1??? :rolleyes:

Why are you so concerned suddenly, since we are so insignigicant team for you? :tongue:

Ulan ne dengesiz adamlarsiniz be!! Burda bir söz verdin birdaha gelmiyecegim diye buraya, hayatinda birkez adam gibi sözunde dur! :shades:

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
D-lite said:
I was going to type up a response, but I just realized that you're not worth the time I'm wasting on you.
:thmbup:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yasko said:
Ulan ne dengesiz adamlarsiniz be!! Burda bir söz verdin birdaha gelmiyecegim diye buraya, hayatinda birkez adam gibi sözunde dur! :shades:
Dude, im not even going there.....;)

You not worth it....:)

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Cengo said:
Dude, im not even going there.....;)

You not worth it....:)
Tukurdugunu yalamiyacaksin! Sözunun eri olacaksin... ;)

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really feel sorry for you.....:)

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Yeah, whatever.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
and they lived happily ever after.... these arguements are getting soooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring because.... upto the first few posts, they make sense... and I sit here thinking... this is a good debate... then comes along the getting off topic posts followed by the personal insults... :rollani: if this happened once in a while, then fine, because none of us are perfect and we are bound to agree and disagree, but these arguements happen every so often... insan bikiyor artik... i used to give my 2 cents about my views before on these type of issues, but i try not to get involved because it will only end up on me getting insulted then me insulting someone else... if the arguements stayed with just footballing matters, then thats cool... but it comes to points such as... 'your the fool' and 'your not worth it'.... yazik...

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Haklisin Hasan, they're useless and such a waste of time.
Sometimes you just have to swallow your pride, ignore, and move on.
I'll try to do that more often from now on.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
onto Cenk's points..
I agree, Bosque is an important TD, and I hope he's given the opportunity to restructure this team. I am also happy the board has stuck by him. You know my view already, my view is that there's as much problem with the way our TFF is structured (and their bias), the move towards industrialized football, the refereeing in the league, the fans of Turkish teams and especially the media as there is in the 'mentality' of the Turkish players.
THey are after all, a product of this system.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What upsets me the most is that we all know the media is a big part of all the tension on and off the pitch.....but these people werent even aware of this until somone had to die.....

Now, they are bringing up all forgotten topics upto the surface.....which i think is a good thing.....but like 5 years too late.

That's why Turkish football need managers like Del Bosque......his style is very unfamiliar to us.....a coach who doesnt blame the ref after a loss.....even though the ref sucked big time......can you find a Turkish coach who even gets close to him....?

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Cengo said:
What upsets me the most is that we all know the media is a big part of all the tension on and off the pitch.....but these people werent even aware of this until somone had to die.....
Bravo, now we're finding somethign we can both agree on.
I remember talking with our elders from the Besiktas community...
and they were mentioning how back in the day, GS or FB or BJK fans would watch a game sitting side by side in the stands...

Nowadays you'd be lucky if we don't eat each other up on football discussion boards.

The media and the need to create conflict to increase ratings has alot to do with what's happening to Turkish football. If they can take a single incident, replay it a million times and create tension just for ratings...The media has so much influence, that they can push even the TFF to take actions on a whim, without considering the full complexities of a situation.

Back in the day, the same actions were committed by the players, only they weren't shown time after time on the screen followed by ridicolous comments and baseless discussions.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
D-lite said:
Bravo, now we're finding somethign we can both agree on.
I remember talking with our elders from the Besiktas community...
and they were mentioning how back in the day, GS or FB or BJK fans would watch a game sitting side by side in the stands...

Nowadays you'd be lucky if we don't eat each other up on football discussion boards.

The media and the need to create conflict to increase ratings has alot to do with what's happening to Turkish football. If they can take a single incident, replay it a million times and create tension just for ratings...The media has so much influence, that they can push even the TFF to take actions on a whim, without considering the full complexities of a situation.

Back in the day, the same actions were committed by the players, only they weren't shown time after time on the screen followed by ridicolous comments and baseless discussions.
My father used to go to games when they sat next to each other.....or when the stadium was plit in two. at those days all games were played at Inönü....:D

But as i was saying.....friends who supported different teams went to the games together and split up when they arrived to the stadium....and after the game they met again and ate some food together.

These days we are happy if the buses are not stoned....

I agree about the ratings....

The funny thing was that hincal Uluc (at 90 dakkika) was blaming how the sportswriters were focusing the majority of their columns on ref mistakes and like 2-3 sentences about the game. Like the last Samsun - Besiktas game.....noone wrote about Tümer's great performance....instead the newspapers were focusing on the ref mistakes.....

But the same Hinc-al always talk about off topics.....when he is supposed to talk about the game.....what a hypcrite!

And he was the one who was calling out to all fans to not go to the games anymore.....that costed all clubs hundered thousands of dollars....he is a prick.

This league would be so much better off programs like Maraton and 90 dakkika.....

But most sportswriters are like this.....there are a few decent.....but they are a dieing race!

·
Master Debater
20,721 Posts
I'm thinking this thread would be a whole lot more honest and shorter if we just got down to the premise of the arguments.
Why don't people just start saying, over and over again, " MY TEAM IS THE BEST YOUR TEAM SUCKS "

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeniceri said:
I'm thinking this thread would be a whole lot more honest and shorter if we just got down to the premise of the arguments.
Why don't people just start saying, over and over again, " MY TEAM IS THE BEST YOUR TEAM SUCKS "

Where did you get that from....instead of contributing to the off topic debate....have something to say instead.....;)

·
Master Debater
20,721 Posts
Cengo said:
Where did you get that from....instead of contributing to the off topic debate....have something to say instead.....;)

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out where I got that from. But if you must know, it was from the incessant ( nonsense )arguing going on that is like a disease on these boards. THATS WHERE IT CAME FROM.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts