Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a season he's having 35 goals all season (plus he just scored against Stuttgard watching the game) about 4 games left for him to break Muller's record of 40goals.

I know not alot of people rate the German league but still scoring 40 goals is a massive achievements. I rarely hear people talk about this guy or even admit he is currently the best striker in the game.

He'll be a massive player for Italy at the Euro's, unfortunately there is no one like him. If anything happens to him, Italy is screwed simply.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
He scored the 35 (now 36) goals in all competitions. So he is definitely not close to Müller's record. He scored, if I recall it correctly, 41 goals in the Bundesliga.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
"Three years ago I proposed Luca Toni to Milan, but Adriano Galliani answered that he would be ashamed to see him wear the Rossoneri shirt and walk the San Siro stands," -- Zamparini (Palermo)

·
Registered
27,416 Posts
"Three years ago I proposed Luca Toni to Milan, but Adriano Galliani answered that he would be ashamed to see him wear the Rossoneri shirt and walk the San Siro stands," -- Zamparini (Palermo)
:howler::thumbsup:

I'm always happy for players who had to go through tough times and then made it big. Toni was in Serie B just a few years ago.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Stupid A10, taking that out of context.
NOT taken out of context. That was what was said, and it is clear to all what was meant.

·
Scudetto
23,462 Posts
Just give me one possible reason why would Milan be embarrassed to have Luca Toni?

You know it is along the lines of when Berlusconi says that he did not want to sign Nesta from Lazio because he was an important symbol for them.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
What a season he's having 35 goals all season (plus he just scored against Stuttgard watching the game) about 4 games left for him to break Muller's record of 40goals.

I know not alot of people rate the German league but still scoring 40 goals is a massive achievements. I rarely hear people talk about this guy or even admit he is currently the best striker in the game.

He'll be a massive player for Italy at the Euro's, unfortunately there is no one like him. If anything happens to him, Italy is screwed simply.
what can happen to him? He's usually on the ground before a touch is possible...

He still is a world class poacher.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He scored the 35 (now 36) goals in all competitions. So he is definitely not close to Müller's record. He scored, if I recall it correctly, 41 goals in the Bundesliga.
:confused: 4 games left in the league plus 1(+1) games left in the UEFA cup. He was suspended in the first leg so if they make it to the final thats 6 possible games to score 5 goals, I wouldn't rule him out.

He will get more recognition when bayern will play in CL.
I wish Bayern were in the CL this season, him and Ribery are on fire this season. Hope they carry their form over to next season.

what can happen to him? He's usually on the ground before a touch is possible...

He still is a world class poacher.
lol he doesn't like to be touched :D

·
Administrator
53,211 Posts
Toni is awesome, brilliant striker and poacher.

Though its important to point out,Toni scored 20 league goals. Muller scored 41 goals league goals.

See the difference?

·
1st Tier Poster
50,840 Posts
Just give me one possible reason why would Milan be embarrassed to have Luca Toni?

You know it is along the lines of when Berlusconi says that he did not want to sign Nesta from Lazio because he was an important symbol for them.
Because he was considered a pretty average 27-year old big targetman 3years ago? He was a prolific striker at Palermo but big clubs didn't exactly fight over his signature. Galliani wasn't the only one thinking like this, hardly anybody predicted him to evolve into the world class player he is now so late in his career.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
what about torres, is he better than toni?
they both are having a fantastic season

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
agree, he has that frankestain look locked in!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts