Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mesopotamian
Joined
·
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That’s what happened before 20 Years​

This story happened 1984

Real Madrid Start the Season with all the starts
Barcelona start the season with Maradona

Thy Fought to the title (La Liga)
Real Madrid and Barcelona pays Millions to bought players
Pays Millions to won the League

Barcelona Coach in that time was Mionti
The coach who won the World cup with Argentina
And Real Madrid was have Juanito La Liga top scorer

Briefly the Biggest Clubs fell

Maradona Cried and Barcelona End Mionti contract
The Real scorer Juanito did not believe and antagonized the press

And the League went to the Basque, yes the league went ot the Bilbao lions
Atlitco Bilbao

We all know that Atltico Bilbao won it before but this story is a deferent story
This shock was for real than Barcelona

Can you imagin that Atiltico Bilbao won the league and the defrent between them and Real Madrid

Just one Goal?

By one Goal you can destroy what you builds by whole season
By one Goal Legends and starts may Cray
By one Goal Bilbao danced Months

Atlitico Bilbao GF 53 GA 30 Points 49
Real Madrid GF 59 GA 37 Points 49
Barcelona GF 62 GA 28 Points 48

That day Barcelona draws with Real Betis, and if Barcelona won thy may won the League

And at the first of the story I said The Real scorer Juanito did not believe then antagonized the press
Because he miss 2 PK’s in that day, if I said If he scored one of them
Thy story may changed
Juanito was the top scorers with 17 Goals

This is not the last story and will never be
Because the La Liga always have a stories
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
A goal can change everything... or a PK missed.

This story brought me back the memories of the leagues of the Dream Team and Tenerife (92 and 93), when Barça had won the goal average to Real Madrid and the madridistas could not stand the pressure.

But the year 1994 was incredible. The league was finally a competition between Barça and Depor. Barcelona had won the goal average (Depor 1-0 Barça; Barça 3-0 Depor) and before the last match of La Liga, Deportivo had 1 point more than Barça (at that time, a win=2 points). Deportivo, the Super-Depor of Arsenio, Bebeto, Fran, Mauro, Djukic, Liaño, Alfredo, Nando, etc., had wasted an 8 point gap in the last 8 matches and they needed to win Valencia in Riazor to win the title. The draw wasn't enough for them, if Barcelona was able to win Sevilla at the Camp Nou. If Depor and Barça tied in points, Barça won the league.

I recall that it was Saturday night. Depor in the public TVs and Barça in Canal+... and the radio to hear what was going on. The night didn't start quite well for Barça, a future bastard called Davor Suker soon scored the 0-1 for Sevilla and you could hear the chants in Riazor (there 0-0).

Hristo Stoitchkov could tied the match few later, 1-1, but right before the half time again Davor Suker scored for Sevilla, 1-2.

That was the situation at the half time, Depor 0-0 Valencia and Barça 1-2 Sevilla. I could not believe it, "imagine that Depor doesn't win and we're unable to beat Sevilla at home, I'd kill myself".

The Dream Team woke up in the 2nd half, it was an extraordinary machine of football, unstoppable... and the goals came, Stoitchkov, Romario, Laudrup and Bakero. 5-2. But Deportivo saw that La Liga was going out of their hands and they began to attack desperately.

10 min to go, 5 min to go,... the Camp Nou singing "CAMPIONS, CAMPIONS,..." when suddenly... silence in the Camp Nou (89')... the radio screamed: "Penalty in Riazor!! Penalty in Riazor!!", a little square appeared in my TV (I was watching Barça, I could not stand watching Depor fearing a heart attack) and the Depor players were cellebrating the penalty awarded. I thought: "What a cruel way to lose La Liga... in the last minute, there's anything worse?".

You could see the Barça players asking the fans in the stands, the bench... they could not believe it. In Riazor, Donato, the one that usually shot the PKs, had been changed. Bebeto, the 2nd one in the list, didn't want to shoot it. So the Serbian Djukic took the ball... and I could hear Michael Robinson (Canal+ commentator, ex Liverpool and Osasuna player) saying: "Didn't Djukic miss a PK in the Bernabeu few weeks ago?", while the other commentator was screaming: "La Liga travels to Riazor! La Liga is for Galicia!".

Djukic took the ball, he gave 4 steps back, he ran towards the ball and he softly shot to the right side of the goalie... and Gonzalez blocked it!!! The Camp Nou screamed as if Barça had scored in a CL final. Djukic felt on the floor, as some other Depor players (similar images to the ones of the CL final between Man U and Bayern). The ball was still running, but Koeman and Ferrer were cellebrating it. Nuñez cried on the VIP box. Lendoiro cried too.

Final in Riazor: Depor 0-0 Valencia... final in Barcelona: Barça 5-2 Sevilla. The 4th league of the Dream Team.

Deportivo and Barcelona had the same points: 56. But the particular goal average was for Barça. Then you recall the goals of the 3-0, the victory in the Bernabeu after 15 years with a goal by Amor, the day that Real Madrid helped Barça beating Depor in the Bernabeu and closing the 8 point gap... every single action had its importance. And the penalty... that penalty.

I thought that I would die that day... impressive. The leagues of Tenerife were too much, but the one of Depor was... there are not words.
 

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
Joined
·
11,971 Posts
Mussav said:
That’s what happened before 20 Years​

This story happened 1984

Real Madrid Start the Season with all the starts
Barcelona start the season with Maradona

Thy Fought to the title (La Liga)
Real Madrid and Barcelona pays Millions to bought players
Pays Millions to won the League

Barcelona Coach in that time was Mionti
The coach who won the World cup with Argentina
And Real Madrid was have Juanito La Liga top scorer

Briefly the Biggest Clubs fell

Maradona Cried and Barcelona End Mionti contract
The Real scorer Juanito did not believe and antagonized the press

And the League went to the Basque, yes the league went ot the Bilbao lions
Atlitco Bilbao

We all know that Atltico Bilbao won it before but this story is a deferent story
This shock was for real than Barcelona

Can you imagin that Atiltico Bilbao won the league and the defrent between them and Real Madrid

Just one Goal?

By one Goal you can destroy what you builds by whole season
By one Goal Legends and starts may Cray
By one Goal Bilbao danced Months

Atlitico Bilbao GF 53 GA 30 Points 49
Real Madrid GF 59 GA 37 Points 49
Barcelona GF 62 GA 28 Points 48

That day Barcelona draws with Real Betis, and if Barcelona won thy may won the League

And at the first of the story I said The Real scorer Juanito did not believe then antagonized the press
Because he miss 2 PK’s in that day, if I said If he scored one of them
Thy story may changed
Juanito was the top scorers with 17 Goals

This is not the last story and will never be
Because the La Liga always have a stories

That last game Athletic played vs Real Sociedad, a derby to close the season, not bad. People said the basque brothership would let Athletic win the league, R.Sociedad would loose on purpose etc... all crap. That was a Real Sociedad that had won the league 2 seasons ago, with players as Arkonada, López Ufarte, Larrañaga or Begiristain.

Rocky Liceranzu, a central defender scored the first on minute 18, things started well. But our "brothers" scored the 1-1, it was Uralde on minute 68. Things looked bad for Athletic, but La Catedral pressure hard, the players even more until again Rocky Liceranzu scored the winning goal on a corner on minute 80, which, coincidences of life, was the 2,000 Athletic´s goal in the league. Everyone turned crazy, it was something magical, 2 leagues and 1 cup in 2 seasons, the "gabarra sailed again the Nervión river" while millions celebrated it on the sides of the river.

That was a magical team, with Javi Clemente as coach.



Zubizarreta, Urkiaga, Liceranzu, Goikoetxea, De La Fuente; Noriega, Gallego, De Andrés; Dani, Sarabia, Argote; With others as Urtubi, Sola, Julio Salinas or Txato Nuñez.

Notice Clemente playing a 4-3-3.;)
 

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
Joined
·
11,971 Posts
Koeman I remember that game perfeclty, poor Djukic, and poor A Coruña. Fortunatelly football was fair and gave them the league they deserved some years after.

I also remember Barça´s game, Athletic needed Barça to beat Sevilla to qualify for UEFA, we suffered a lot that day. Not only for Barça´s difficulties to beat Sevilla but to win our game too. We were 2-0 up against Tenerife with two goals by Txingurri Valverde. Unbelievable Tenerife tied with 2 goals in their only 2 chances. And we had a penalty in the last minutes. Ander "the specialist" Garitano sent it to the post, I don´t remember how many rebounds and saves by the goalie happened after that, it was eternal for me, but finally in one of those rebounds after the penalty kick Kuko Ziganda scored the winning goal...:cool:

BTW, at least here in Euskadi I remember we had some kind of carrousel on ETB, with images from all important games, Barça-Sevilla, Depor-Valencia and Athletic-Tenerife, I remember I passed some greatly exciting minutes.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
wow... Txupa whenever I see that pics and videos of San Mamés, I see that now the stadium is still a hard place, but the atmosphere back then was a hell. Also Atotxa was unbelievable. Now you hardly see flags in the stadiums for that stupid antiviolence law.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Txupa said:
Koeman I remember that game perfeclty, poor Djukic, and poor A Coruña. Fortunatelly football was fair and gave them the league they deserved some years after.

I also remember Barça´s game, Athletic needed Barça to beat Sevilla to qualify for UEFA, we suffered a lot that day. Not only for Barça´s difficulties to beat Sevilla but to win our game too. We were 2-0 up against Tenerife with two goals by Txingurri Valverde. Unbelievable Tenerife tied with 2 goals in their only 2 chances. And we had a penalty in the last minutes. Ander "the specialist" Garitano sent it to the post, I don´t remember how many rebounds and saves by the goalie happened after that, it was eternal for me, but finally in one of those rebounds after the penalty kick Kuko Ziganda scored the winning goal...:cool:

BTW, at least here in Euskadi I remember we had some kind of carrousel on ETB, with images from all important games, Barça-Sevilla, Depor-Valencia and Athletic-Tenerife, I remember I passed some greatly exciting minutes.
Well, I went to a friends house to watch Barça in Canal+ (at that time, few people had Canal+!!), because I knew that I could not see Depor without having a heart attack. So I thought: "ok, let's see Barça, I wish we win and, if Depor loses great, but if not, congratulations to them and that's all". In Canal+ they only showed the PK at the end of the match.

I know that TV3 and Canal 9 made a kind of "carrusel" between the 2 matches, but mainly focused in Depor's match. Canal 9 was only interested in Valencia and TV3 did some connections with the Camp Nou too.

Also the radio... every time that I heard the damn "pee pee pee" of the goals, I thought that I'd die... goal in La Condomina, goal in Las Gaunas, goal in San Mamés.... geez, each goal was like a knife... but finally I didn't hear the "goal in Riazor" :D

That leagues were too much... the Tenerife ones, especially the first one of 1992, with Madrid winning 0-2 there and finally losing 3-2 with the great Rocha scoring an own goal and Sanchis and Buyo cooperating with Pier for the 3rd one... actually, we played with Athletic that day, if I'm not wrong.

I think that we didn't live a "noche de transistores" since that time, at least for La Liga title (for UEFA and relegation, every year). In any case, I don't recommend it... if you win it's great, but if you lose, it must be the worst thing on Earth.

I only have good memories of this kind of nights... that leagues and the goal of Rivaldo against Valencia some years ago to go to the CL. When we lose, you see it coming since loooong ago, for example, 2 years ago with Antic. The CL spots were lost since December.
 

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
Joined
·
11,971 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Now you hardly see flags in the stadiums for that stupid antiviolence law.
True but the most important to the lack of atmosphere sometimes, is the all-seated rule, that has killed it. The average age is another factor, back then, San Mamés had just been reformed for the WC 82 and a bunch of new young socios were made, it was the time of the creation of Herri Norte, the average age of the stadium was much lower than what is today, as were the prices of tickets, now only the "puretas":D can pay them.

Still, San Mamés can get noisy nowadays without problem, this season against Trabzonspor, Madrid or Osasuna for example.:cool:

Koeman4 said:
Also the radio... every time that I heard the damn "pee pee pee" of the goals, I thought that I'd die... goal in La Condomina, goal in Las Gaunas, goal in San Mamés.... geez, each goal was like a knife... but finally I didn't hear the "goal in Riazor" :D
:D I get too nervous with that, you hear "gol en San Mamés" I get soo nervous until they say which team has scored...pffff I prefer to hear it in Bilbao channels, you know who´s score it directly, they don´t make you pass those horrible seconds.:D
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top