Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say after watching the Monday night game is thanks to Everton. They had to fight not only Leeds, but the Referee as well.
A good point was made in the commentary was that Leeds face West Ham away last game, and will have in mind last seasons 5-1 defeat when they had 3 players sent off.
West Ham always seem to be involved in the last day battles!
I think 3rd place is still very possible, we just need to win that last game away at Bradford.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Well said. I think Liverpool just have to win and hope for the best.

Are both games being played at the same time on Sunday? I know the Bradford v Liverpool game is "live" telecast. I'm waiting to see the Reds getting a win at Bradford, then waiting patiently for the results at Upton Park... then Liverpool players jumping up and down because the score is West Ham 1 Leeds 0 or something similiar...

Entitled to dream!

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Well done Everton. It won't be easy against Bradford, they'll be fighting for to stay in the Premiership. An away victory is certainly probable, provided LFC can find the net and West Ham emerge's victorious. Hope it happens!

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
thanks everton... :)

c'mon xax, AMOROSO! where is your support?!! don't get down on the situation like this...
i know you are shocked like me, but hey, there's still a chance for us!!

T

·
0 Posts
Yes, it's out of our own hands. You can be sure I'll be cheering for West Ham besides us on Sunday!

M

·
0 Posts
Well, it's great to see you all saying nice things about Everton for a change :)

Good luck against Bradford.

X

·
0 Posts
bodat glad to know u're still here!!
don't worry me too i'm still alive and stil hoping what all of u here do!!

yes west ham used to make big last day surprises..i still remember the day they beat the scums which deprived them of the league which went to blackburn....even though they had nothing to win or lose...

but now.they have a gd chance to get into europe..so they will fight for it!
+ they are in very good form right now...they deserved to beat the scums in their alst encounter!!

leeds didn't merit a single point yesterday!
everton was much better...everton only lacked the attacking punch though!
6 yellows and 2 reds!that's ridiculous!!!
if i was hutch i would have kicked the ball straight at that ref!!!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
now now, that's too nice, he should have kicked the tosser in the teeth, not that I'm condoning violenv=ce or anything.

S

·
0 Posts
Mosschops, I think the rivalry between Liverpool and Everton are less intense these days.

Man Utd still ranked as the number one hate team. maybe followed by Everton then.

I know LFCNet hates Wimbledon :)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
who doesn't??

Hate (dislike) teams for me:

Arsenal - not their fault but it annoys me that they always do so well at the end of the year yet we falter like a bike that's been bought from a chip shop.
Wimbledon - annoy me sensless.
Man U - comes with the territory.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd love to see a 0-0 draw for us v Bradford at the Weekend, with southampton smashing Wimbledon 2-0 and West Ham beating Leeds with the same scoreline. It'd be great to see us go into the champions league and that little sh!ty club going down to div 1!

·
Registered
818 Posts
That'd really be sweet! We get into the CL, Leeds lost and Wimbledon get relegated!

But is 2-0 enough to relegate them?

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, Bradford need to do the same as us, i.e better Wimbledons result, so as long as Leeds and Wimbledon lose, a 0-0 draw suits both Liverpool and Bradford! ;)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Great idea, really, as most of you know how much I hate Wimbledon... but then again, we'd have goe five games without a goal or a win, etc. and GH will be slated in the public, etc.

I'm really in a confused state of mind here!!! :)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey like GH or any Liverpool fan will give a sh!t about the press slating if we qualify for the CL and help send Wimbledon down as well! :)

My ideal results at the weekend would be a draw for us v Bradford and defeat for Wimbledon and Leeds. Imagine the party atmosphere at Bradford then ? Wow, I'd love to be there in that set of circumstances! ;)

However I only want that circumstance if Leeds lose, any other way and I'm sorry but my feelings towards Wimbledon take a back seat as we go for the CL.
Whichever way we look at it, it's going to be one hell of an exciting Sunday!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I hate this situation, I love Jewell (pool till he dies) and all that he stands for, honesty, graft and some humour.
I hate Wimbledon and don't believe that they should be in the league. The romance is over for me and this is probably due to the collapse of the crazy gang mentality.

My mate supports the Saints and says that they played the worst they had played all year against Leicester and then the best they had played all year versus the pool (backed up by Hoddle I think). He has promised me that the Saints will send them down.

Leeds have a very hard match against West Ham but I feel that if we lost the spot to anyone I'm glad that it is them as they deserve something from this season.

My predictions:

Bradford 1-1 Liverpool :(
West Ham 2-1 Leeds :D :D :D :D
Southampton 0-1 Wimbledon :(

Liverpool through to Europe,
Bradford relegated due to a last minute goal for the Dons.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts