Xtratime Community banner

Thanks Luis, now the future?

2K views 47 replies 26 participants last post by  Almogàver 
#1 ·
Well first off massive compliments to Luis, he took a lot of shit especially from the Madrid press and Madridistas for not playing Raul or choosing him. But what he did with that one move was change the face of the NT from team of yesteryear, the likes of Salgado, Raul, Canizares and co were all thankfully phased out and he gave trust in his youth, but also keeping the main thing identity.

For so long the problem the NT has had is in trying to play or be something they weren't, trusting 2 DM system with no playmakers, using direct wingers who don't participate in the build up, lack variety in there play and nor help the midfield. Instead he found that the key is the Spanish style, keeping the ball and using it as the tool to win. I have to commend him for using Iniesta and Silva in the wings, so many times the temptation can be there to play with the "direct" wingers but I think Luis learnt this doesn't suit the team or the strengths of the team.

The biggest compliment for him has to be his integration, when you think of this Spanish team you don't see one superstar try to be the main player. Even in the celebrations or the press, all the players are united. Talk of how the collective comes first and foremost, how it is fundamental. There was no factions relating to team or nationality, everyone got on with each other. This Luis did a lot of work in because he left problem players away IMO, obviously he had fortune in certain occassions (Albelda not playing in the season, meaning Senna played)

But overall massive thanks to Luis for what he has done and the wya he did it. I don't like to go overboard but I've said it in the past and I'll say it again, Spain is one of the last few nations who still play football the old traditional way of appreciating the ball. People may hate or criticise tika-taka all the way but tika-taka delivered big time this time and it was done because Luis and the players used were best equipped ot facilitate this football. I honestly believe taking Joaquin over Cazorla or Sergio Garcia would have been of little benefit to this team. The football is brilliant and finally proved that talent and pure football with a bit of tactics and control can be victorious and successful, hopefully this helps more international tournaments and teams play more openly and pleasingly because frankly NT football is stale and too tactical.

Now to the next part, what of the future. I honestly believe this team has talent and potential to be a future world champion but there needs to be a continuation of this project. No more going back to old players or past players, this team is young, mature and has developed a championship mentality. I hope if Del Bosque does come in that he appreciates this football, keeps trust in this group and develops this side.

Finally Los Reyes de Europa :D

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.