Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure who to thank for this brilliant website, I don't even know how long it's been around for.

But i have to say the last few days that i've visited this site, i'm really impressed. I appreciate the work that everyone puts into it. Even the atmosphere is excellent.

I've been looking for a website like this for ages. Somewhere i can exchange opinions with people who actually know what they talking about. Keep up the great work guys.

F_rog in South Africa (long live benfica)

·
International
5,629 Posts
Fellow Benfiquistas are always Welcome to our forums, as are all other fans.

A brief history of this forum:

It all started with the man known as RAZOR. He is a Benfiquista and was basically posting to himself in early September of 99 until I accidentally discovered the website. Then for a couple days it was just us two discussing Benfica, other inferior teams, and the Select team and its players. Then we got linked up with the great webmaster from PortugueseSoccer.com and some of the other characters joined us. Portistas like MarcoA and Ola joined, Sniper and Santamaria came on as well as Paulo and other Sportinguistas. It's a great forum for everyone although like typical Portuguese sometimes we tend to get carried away with our passion...but in the end it's all good and we all cheer for the greatest select team of them all...Portugal.

BTW I hope South Africa gets the 2006 World Cup. I think it's about time someone in Africa gets to host it.

VIVA PORTUGAL!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Although I appreciate the credit - I can't take it! Jan and Debs were running this website long before I joined. To be honest, I joined as an Inter fan (the Inter forum had been here before I ever joined). As time went on, I asked Jan & Debs for a Portuguese forum and thanks to everyone who's participated (including RedEagle who was the first person to respond to my soliloquies!) it's evolved into one of the more popular forums on the board; so much so, that it has progressed to the general one you're in here, as well as a separate forum for each of the Big 3.

Regardless - welcome aboard! It's great to have another Benfiquista among us, although you have a long way to go before you're as big a Benfica fan as Marcoa or Ola...but you'll get there someday :).

BENFICA E O GLORIOSO!

PS - RedEagle's right: I hope you guys get the tournament, as I'd like to combine a WC2006 trip with a side-trip into Mocambique & Tanzania!

[This message has been edited by Razor (edited 02-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Razor (edited 02-06-2000).]

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hey F_rog where in South Africa are you from?
What do you do for living?Im from Pretoria.
Yeah you right about this website its great.
I would like to thank the people involved.
I just hope this carrys on for a long time.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Razor, Marcoa, RedEagle, Ola and everyone else.

As for WC2006, I truly hope that South Africa get it. It will be a massive boost for our economy, and Football in this country. Dima's who now play's for St Liege, played football down the road from where i grew up.

My cousin plays at benfica, Maybe you've heard of him his surname is Mota.

And Paulo, i'm a web developer that works in Jo'burg.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the board.

I got a question for you.

With all the social chaos (malnutrition, huge homocide rates, rampant criminal activity, lack of proper housing, education and health care and so on)South Africa is facing right now, should South Africa be focusing on an event that is going to suck billions from the public coffers? Can South Africa afford to host a WC?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Welcome aboard mate!
One more head hitting against a monitor when insults fly by hehe ( joke ;) )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts