Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping that we could close out the season on a positive note, but obviously that's not to be. After this Madrid game, Frank's position is untenable, even I, one of his greatest fans, realize this. But I'd still like to take this opportunity to thank him for the good times. Two La Ligas, two second place finishes (one tied on points, which would have given us another La Liga if the rules made sense, like in England(see ManU this year)) and a Champion's League. For about two years or so, we were the best club team in the world, in terms of style of play and results.
All good things come to an end however, and it's time for change. I'm sad about it, but it's inevitable.
I don't know how it all went wrong, but it started after that trip to Japan for that Intercontinental Cup in Japan. That was the start of our slide; we've been snake-bitten since then.
We've had bad luck with injuries, to be sure: Messi, Eto'o, Marquez, Dinho etc.. And Ronaldinho lost his desire for glory, his professionalism seems to be gone. (what is with those Brazilians: Adriano, Dinho, Ronaldo?) We should have NEVER gotten Henry which was a stupid "Galactico"-type signing. But still, I don't know how it all went so wrong so fast.
But, thanks for the good memories: Paris, beating Madrid in the Bernabeu, beating Chelsea!.
You've always been a dignified and thoughtful presence throughout your tenure. You've always represented our club with honour, never sinking to Mourinho-type classless behaviour (which is why if he becomes coach, I'll have a very hard time supporting Barca).
So it's with a truly heavy heart I bid you farewell Frank. I wish you all the best in the future. Who knows, perhaps there might be a second act sometime...:moan:

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
I couldn't say it better mate. It's exactly what I think. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Well said. :thumbsup: Very classy post. Although he could've done more to maintain our world-beater status you can't take away what the man's achieved with the club. I really do think he did the best he could and believe he always cared as well. He's a class act, a Barça legend but his time is surely up.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Rijkaard is a good man. He definitely tried his best and did some really great things with the club. I apologize for the times that I've insulted him and everything...But he is cool, I wish him the best in whatever his next club will be. Maybe Milan??

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Rijkaard is a good man. He definitely tried his best and did some really great things with the club. I apologize for the times that I've insulted him and everything...But he is cool, I wish him the best in whatever his next club will be. Maybe Milan??
As much as I hate to see him there, but I think his next club would be Chel$ka :yuck: He'll team up with Cate again.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
Rijkaard did something that is and always be writen in the history of football, his two seasons that got 2 La Ligas and one CL, and his always classy act with the press and on and off the field, never gonna be forgoten, he's never blamed no one on anything of the failure that came in the last two seasons, he always shielded his players from anything.

he'll be remembered in the history of the club, still its hard to say in his side when he sometimes naively didn't work his tactics to work other tactices, and I still couldn't feel more sorry about it when he did everything to protect his players and worked his ass of to take most the blame from them, still for them to let him down, and fvcking but him in the line of fire for some of the fanboys to protect them more and claiming that they are bigger than the club!

Frank they stay and go, they move away and shortly be forgoten, they claim the success and claim the fame, still they get forgoten, history write a new chapter, and world class claims come up here and there, still you will never be forgoten. :thmbup: :proud:

this short line to you for all the happy times we've seen with you.

Visca el Barca i Visca Rijkaard :thmbup: :proud:

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Nice post.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Thank you for one of the best teams in our history, and goodluck in the future :)

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
I was hoping that we could close out the season on a positive note, but obviously that's not to be. After this Madrid game, Frank's position is untenable, even I, one of his greatest fans, realize this. But I'd still like to take this opportunity to thank him for the good times. Two La Ligas, two second place finishes (one tied on points, which would have given us another La Liga if the rules made sense, like in England(see ManU this year)) and a Champion's League. For about two years or so, we were the best club team in the world, in terms of style of play and results.
All good things come to an end however, and it's time for change. I'm sad about it, but it's inevitable.
I don't know how it all went wrong, but it started after that trip to Japan for that Intercontinental Cup in Japan. That was the start of our slide; we've been snake-bitten since then.
We've had bad luck with injuries, to be sure: Messi, Eto'o, Marquez, Dinho etc.. And Ronaldinho lost his desire for glory, his professionalism seems to be gone. (what is with those Brazilians: Adriano, Dinho, Ronaldo?) We should have NEVER gotten Henry which was a stupid "Galactico"-type signing. But still, I don't know how it all went so wrong so fast.
But, thanks for the good memories: Paris, beating Madrid in the Bernabeu, beating Chelsea!.
You've always been a dignified and thoughtful presence throughout your tenure. You've always represented our club with honour, never sinking to Mourinho-type classless behaviour (which is why if he becomes coach, I'll have a very hard time supporting Barca).
So it's with a truly heavy heart I bid you farewell Frank. I wish you all the best in the future. Who knows, perhaps there might be a second act sometime...:moan:

amazing really, one of the best finishers in the history of the game gets 20 mints of playtime in the most important game of the season (CL semi), not to mentioned being played out of position, and then is called a galactico!? etoo was pure shit for over 100 mints and not blamed for anything...

Henry at 16 million was a steal, one of the bargains of the century, the crime was in playing him out of position and buying him to a coach with 4 strikers and doesnt have a firm idea what the the picking order is.....

·
Registered
658 Posts
amazing really, one of the best finishers in the history of the game gets 20 mints of playtime in the most important game of the season (CL semi), not to mentioned being played out of position, and then is called a galactico!?

You completely missed his point with reference to 'Galactico'.

However, I don't have the audacity to suggest to you that you should only post with regard's to your own team (teams) ... unlike you.

·
Registered
897 Posts
It all seemed to fall apart when Ronnie lost his motivation. Things just werent right after that. What changes do you see being made? Whos out and who comes in?

·
Registered
744 Posts
I never liked Rijkaard. But what he did with the team during that 2 year spell, is amazing.

Good luck in the future Frank, and yes, You will never smoke alone.

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
As much as I hate to see him there, but I think his next club would be Chel$ka :yuck: He'll team up with Cate again.
Fully agree with you...

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
It's confirmed now on SkySports that Pep will replace Rijkaard...

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Anyway thanks Frank & good luck in the future :thumbsup:

But of course what Rijkaard will unfortunately forever be remembered for no matter how many titles he wins is:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
amazing really, one of the best finishers in the history of the game gets 20 mints of playtime in the most important game of the season (CL semi), not to mentioned being played out of position, and then is called a galactico!? etoo was pure shit for over 100 mints and not blamed for anything...

Henry at 16 million was a steal, one of the bargains of the century, the crime was in playing him out of position and buying him to a coach with 4 strikers and doesnt have a firm idea what the the picking order is.....
Shows how well you have followed Barca this season! Oh.. you are not even a Barca fan! I assumed that everyone follows the common sensibility of 'Don't comment on things you have no clue about'. My bad! :)

1 - 20 of 98 Posts