Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No matter what happens by end of the season( We kicked out of UEFA CUP & Lost our 4th place )....

Im really happy & proud of this ****ing team....3rd Season with Prandelli on the helm, Fiorentina had proven that it aint some 1 season wonder & most importantly deserves its current position in Seria A....

Salute to the ppl in Firenze who made this possible....

Forza Viola :proud:

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
nice thread ,

also , you have to thank fans all over the world who have been waiting for this team to come back and we see them now fighting for the uefa cup .. we have to appreciate that .

good luck . :)

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Thanks for the thread Narentino.

But it's way too early for this thread. We are still in the UEFA Cup with a serious and realistic chance of getting to the final, nor have we been kicked off the 4th spot and maybe with some luck, may even look above it. This team cannot stop now. We're nearly there - all we need is that final push and we would have set our own standards.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I have to agree with Firenze. While I appreciate Narentino's sentiment, I feel its too early for it. The race is still tight and we need to keep focused on the rest of the matches ahead of us. If we stop and look at where we are and say "hey, we did pretty good" then we'd be selling ourselves short when we still have the ability to achieve more. I will agree that the team has done very well so far this season. Just 7 or 8 more matches to go. Lets keep focused.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I agree with both opinions. I always think that this team is more than that, because of the team itself and because of the fans. I live in Peru and I don't know anyone that really knows our team, but when they see it play, when they see our stadium and our story, they love it. This three seasons we had one of the best coaches in the world. I love him being our manager and I think he has been the most important piece of our team. We were in Cl 2 times in this 3 years but with some bad luck and bad movements, we lost our spot. Now we're there, I really think we're almost through, and we deserve it. It is also true that in football the winner (I mean the CL spot, Udinese, Milan or Samp) is the one that deserved to win, but we have played nice football, very nice to watch, we have promising young players... It would be just sweet to watch us playing angainst Man. U in CL like we did in 2000 (or 99?), with a goal scored by some argie named Gabriel Batistuta.
In the other hand, I think we really most fight and play like we have done in our best moments this season, because the teams that are following us in Serie A are great ones. If we beat Rangers (a good team), Bayern will be very tough, they have one of the best squads in Europe. So, I really thank this team and the fans, but we have to work hard to be trully happy.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pls dont get me wrong. Im of course wants our boys to fight till the end as we got nothing to lose...But whatever the outcome is, i just want to say that Im ever so proud of this team.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
I agree with all previous posts :D

you have to be happy with what you have achieved so far .. also to be wait for coming weeks and see how can you finish this season . :)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Absolutely a great season by Fiorentina, congrats :thmbup:

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Too early for this, too early.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I will reserve my comment until the season is said and done. The years with Prandelli are great, but this season is the toughest IMO.

·
Registered
26 Posts
being a milan fan of course i want milan to play in the CL but if we dont fiorentina FULLY deserve to play in it and i will be rooting for you guys if you guys make it in the CL

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Now I can say I'm proud of this team. We've done what we so richly deserved. But we need to improve here onwards. I must thank Prandelli, particularly on his decision to bring on Semioli in the Parma match. At the time, I thought it was an odd substitution...

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Too early for this, too early.
The right time has come, GRAZIE BOYS!!! :happy:
And one special thank... Thank you Mister Cesare Prandelli!

·
Registered
904 Posts
What a season. Nice job by the team. It was sad to see us go out of the UEFA cup the way we did, but being this teams first time competing on multiple fronts I didn't expect that we'd do well in that campaign. I thought inexperience would have our Euro adventure end earlier. That we were still there in May exceeded my expectations. And through it we still qualified for the CL. We had some ups (away win against Juve) and downs (winless month of November) but in the end finished the season in a manner that we can look back and say we had an excellent campaign.

Forza Viola!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts