Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from everyone at Liverpool for Luis Garcia.

In his debut season he's scored 13 goals and gone from a player scared to tackle to a player willing to die for the cause, put in tackles and fightto the end for the club.

Why the hell did you let him go?

(I know he had a minimum release clause but still).

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Barcelona were cutting salaries left right and centre and it would have been unfair on everyone else if we suddenly matched your triple his wage salary to keep him here, good thing you're enjoying our gratitude :shades:

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
CardiffRed said:
I for one, was fine with him leaving, he was very inconsistent and would drive you nuts with some poor decision making, which he still shows, witness the ball that he lost in his thrid to Lampard that almost cost Liverpool the game in the first half. That was extremly dumb.

Having said that, I have been rooting for him since day one at pool, I was very happy when he scored the phantom goal and wish him the best:star:

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
barça said:
I for one, was fine with him leaving, he was very inconsistent and would drive you nuts with some poor decision making, which he still shows, witness the ball that he lost in his thrid to Lampard that almost cost Liverpool the game in the first half. That was extremly dumb.

Having said that, I have been rooting for him since day one at pool, I was very happy when he scored the phantom goal and wish him the best:star:
ditto, except for the fact i didn't really want him too leave, i thought he would be an excellent backup for Dinho or Giuly

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Im full of applause for Luis Garcia, he has come into his own now into this Liverpool team. He scores important goals and wish him a very good future, Plus we have a buy back clause for him if he returns to spain!

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I'll settle for Giuly :)

You should thank us for being robbed too; Ronaldinho and Samuel would've done some unspeakably cruel things to this Liverpool in all likelihood :D

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Does someone have the goal he scored against chelsea?
Chelsea got screwed by a ex-barcelonista...wohoo :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Well thank you for beating Chelsea.
Just make sure you win against this disgusting Catenaccio-team as well, please.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
CardiffRed said:

(I know he had a minimum release clause but still).
You already said one reason. The other is that he's paid like a star in Liverpool and Barça can't pay such a big salary to a player like him considering our financial situation.

I think that he could have been uselful, but I think that everyone took the right decision.

·
Registered
70,229 Posts
Talking about former Barça players: Luis Enrique, Abelardo and Quini, the striker who was several times topscorer, were chosen by the fans in the ideal Centenary team of Sporting Gijon (a team with an excellent young base traditionally)
The actual Zaragoza striker, David Villa, would be in the bench of that historic team according to the fans.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts