Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For an incredible run of 6 years. 2 Euros and a WC and most importantly, beautiful play :proud:

Truly enjoyed it.

Now, time to change the team, completely. Enter Koke, Thiago, DeGea, etc, etc. (and a new coach, one can only dream that it would be Pep)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Congrats on the 6 years :thumbsup:

Finally someone else can have their time.

·
Registered
226 Posts
For an incredible run of 6 years. 2 Euros and a WC and most importantly, beautiful play :proud:
It will remain one of the most winning NT cycles, and one of the teams who marked IMHO the football history, together with Hungary 52-54, Brasil 58 and 70, Holland 74.

Even if this WC went badly (but they were so static in the second halves that I wonder whether it was a psychological collapse something went wrong in their training ...), the surely deserve the Honours of war.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:thumbsup:

It's just sad how the beautiful era came to an embarrassing end.
True, but I still give credit to VDB for his loyalty.

He lived and died with his players, most coaches dump the players with a swift kick in the ass. If we gave him credit for it when he was winning, we have to give him credit while he was losing.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
del bosque is a great manager

did the pragmatic thing of getting the scheme of another manager and appliying it. kudos for him doing that

·
Administrator
29,411 Posts
This thread is dedicated to praise Spain. There is already a thread for bashing. If you are going to bash, go there.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
I feel especially sorry for Iker Casillas, who is a true champion and does not deserve what he is going through at the moment. But great champions always bounce back.

Euro 2012 Final, Spain 4 Italy 0, 92nd minute. Casillas caught off camera speaking with the match officials. "Stop the game, stop the game", he coaxed. "Respect for the opponent. Respect for Italy."

I never forgot it.

·
D10S
2,124 Posts
I respect Casillas as great keeper and great player.
I think everything good must come to an end.
That's just how the world works.
Expect a new style of football emerge in the near future.
Maybe a return of WM?

·
D10S
2,124 Posts
Diego Costa proved to be a curse in the end. Spain just didn't look like Spain, maybe they sold out...
VDB choose big names over recent form.
Torres preferred to Negredo.
Kept Casillas as 1st goalie even though he was partially started for Real Madrid.

Not to mention injury to Xavi/Alonso protege, Thiago Alcantara.
Then injury to Navas, Valdes and Arbeloa.

VDB lack of confidence on Mata, Cesc and Cazorla.

Anyway there's so many times you could skin a cat the same way.
This time maybe one time too many.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
Finally! Xavi and Iniesta are too underrated right now. Once spanish media and fans discover that not every smaller / talented midfielder is an equal to Xavi and Iniesta, they'll get rightly rated.

They are all time greats! Geniuses that deserve all the praise they get.

Also, Casillas and Puyol were also very important on that NT and wont be replaced that easy.

Diego Costa proved to be a curse in the end. Spain just didn't look like Spain, maybe they sold out...
I warned you peepz this would happen. But I thought Del Bosque was an experienced coach. He's just an old coach.

Here:

anyways, diego bosta is a mediocre player on a good run. He's the spanish Amauri(where's this sucka anyway?). I doubt Del Bosque will include him on his list.

Felipão is a moron but he knows how to use things like this to bring the most vile-patriotic-like sentiments from the supporters. Spain will face hell next summer if he's called up.
So yeh, was him worth it all? ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
They just looked tired really; athletico and madrid in the CL final, the big 3 fighting for la liga to the death...they just ran out of gas. Mix in a lack of motivation and age...and this is what you get.

To they people who laugh...just look at all the trophys these guys have won.

Anyway, itll be nice to see someone else win.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts