Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a real heart killer!

I had read that Zambia had 9 players in the flu and 4 in Malaria. Senegal were a good team who for sure challanged for the final spot.

I put a good sum of money on Senegal, reccomended it to ALL my betting friends. There was one who said "so far the ANC has been crap and these teams dont know how to play football". And he betted for a draw :eek:

Well, he was right. It was painful to watch this match. It was not better then a then a Swedish Division 1 match :( I was so angry at Senegal but then comes what punters live for- last minute goals :)

They first had to waste a header 2m from goal with only 1 min left. But 1 min later, with just 2 min left of the game a cross reaches an unmarked Senegal striker who made it 1-0. What a rush :)

Thank you Senegal, but this was the last time i bet on African Nations Cup :mad:

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Thats because you are watching a boring match between two boring teams led by two "African thugs"..

Go watch some real football (Read: Any ACN match that doesnt involve Senegal and Zambia)

So far, Senegal plays the worst football in this ACN (along with Togo :yawn: ) and I dont understand why many people are betting on them, either they have no clue whats African football about or they are just crazy..

This Senegalese team wont get past the quarter finals, they are just too damn lucky.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay Sabry, i just got the image Senegal were one of the better sides while i hear Zambia struggled hard against Tunisia. And with Zambia having a two figured number of players away this SHOULD have ended with at least a 2 goal win.

But i guess i will give ANC one more chance, just give me some proper advice ;)

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Sabry said:
Thats because you are watching a boring match between two boring teams led by two "African thugs"..

Go watch some real football (Read: Any ACN match that doesnt involve Senegal and Zambia)

So far, Senegal plays the worst football in this ACN (along with Togo :yawn: ) and I dont understand why many people are betting on them, either they have no clue whats African football about or they are just crazy..

This Senegalese team wont get past the quarter finals, they are just too damn lucky.

:confused: Wasn't it Senegal who throw Egypt out of the WC qualification? :undecide: Even with the mighty Hany Ramzy in the opposing team? :tongue:

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
No.. It wasnt Senegal who threw Egypt out of the WC.. Shows how much you know about African football.

It was actually Namibia that threw us out when we tied with them in Namibia 1-1, we should have crushed them..

Actually, in the World Cup Qualifications, we beat Senegal 1-0 in Cairo, and we almost beat them in Senegal 1-0 but our goal got disallowed for no reason and the game ended 0-0 after we dominated 90 minutes in front of their home crowd..

Now go back to your forum and cry over the 5-1 "hyhyhyhy" :tongue:

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Micke said:
Okay Sabry, i just got the image Senegal were one of the better sides while i hear Zambia struggled hard against Tunisia. And with Zambia having a two figured number of players away this SHOULD have ended with at least a 2 goal win.

But i guess i will give ANC one more chance, just give me some proper advice ;)
You want proper adive ? Here is proper advice:

Egypt 2-0 Zambia
Senegal 0-0 Tunisia

:tongue:

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Sabry said:
No.. It wasnt Senegal who threw Egypt out of the WC.. Shows how much you know about African football.

It was actually Namibia that threw us out when we tied with them in Namibia 1-1, we should have crushed them..

Actually, in the World Cup Qualifications, we beat Senegal 1-0 in Cairo, and we almost beat them in Senegal 1-0 but our goal got disallowed for no reason and the game ended 0-0 after we dominated 90 minutes in front of their home crowd..

Now go back to your forum and cry over the 5-1 "hyhyhyhy" :tongue:

Hm, I asked someone if it was Senegal and he said yes. And no, he IS known (but I won't tell you :D) in this forum...
So since I trust him and not you I say it was Senegal that threw you out :tongue: ;).

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Regarding whoever told you Senegal was the one to eliminate us, in Egypt and the Arab world we have a saying:

"Al toyoor ala ashkaleha taka3"...

Ask someone to translate it for you..

And again, go cry in your forum over the 5-1... :tongue:

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Still Senegal qualified from the group. Egypt not, so Senegal threw them out by taking their place :D.

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Sabry said:
Emile Mpenza
Ebbe Sand
Jorg Bohme
Marco van Hoogdalem
Niels Kamphuis

5-1..

"hyhyhyhyhyhyhyhyh" :tongue:

Is that how you count in ACN? :tongue: :D
You missed the mighty Scholl :angel:...

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Micke said:
I have just betted on the "mighty" Egypt, lets see how they do....:)
Oh NO :D. Why didn't you follow my not given advice? ;)
That money is lost :tongue:.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All i can say Sabry is risking a lot because of this bet, me and Frank will never forget it of they loose :fero:

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Sabry said:
Never underestimate the power of the Pharaohs !!!! :fero:

;)
Also known as camels :tongue: ;).
Hey, before anybody can complain, I'm just joking with Sab :D.

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
The world is going down, Egypt won 2:1 :angel: ;).

Hey Sab, looks like Ramzy and West left Lautern when they were needed the most :tongue:. 5:3, 5:3, 5:3... :D

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Sabry said:

You want proper adive ? Here is proper advice:

Egypt 2-0 Zambia
Senegal 0-0 Tunisia

:tongue:
oh man !!!

here are the real results !!

Egypt 2-1 Zambia
Senegal 0-0 Tunisia

I Was just one goal away from the perfect score !!!!

now now micke, do u really believe in my powers ??? :tongue:

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
I also betted on Egypt. RThe first time i watched the ACN in 98 when they eventually became champions and have really impressed me. BTW, has Egypt ever been eliminated in the 1st round? They always seem to get past the 1st round so easily. Cheers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts