Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within a few hours Figo should announce his return to our national team, and we have Real Madrid to thank for it. Whatever the reason for not extending his contract, that decision will allow us to see him don #7 in our colours again.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
seriously?
what's up with all of the "old" guys? zidan also hinted about returning to the NT.
and what the hell is real madrid not renewing figo's contract got to do with figo returning to the NT? it is not like he will play next year only for the NT...

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Figo can do what he wants, so past it

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Tony Montana said:
Figo can do what he wants, so past it
That's why he's ranked as our second best performer this season behind Super Iker, right?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
That's why he's ranked as our second best performer this season behind Super Iker, right?
Some press of Madrid think that it's Guti. Figo is actually very criticized by the Spanish press. Well, I guess that you rate me into the "Figo-hater" section (and you're right, BTW :D), but this is for real and you can ask anyone who lives in Spain or simply watch the polls made in marca or as, not long ago about "Who's the worse galactico?".

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
April foooooool hahahaha !!

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Some press of Madrid think that it's Guti. Figo is actually very criticized by the Spanish press. Well, I guess that you rate me into the "Figo-hater" section (and you're right, BTW :D), but this is for real and you can ask anyone who lives in Spain or simply watch the polls made in marca or as, not long ago about "Who's the worse galactico?".
But K4, not only are you amongst the "Figo-hater" section, you're in the "Guti-supporter" section. You think Guti's a fantastic player and seems to never do any wrong... hell, you gave him an 8.5 for his dreadful performance two weeks ago.

So forgive me if I take your opinion with a grain of salt, my friend. :googly:

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Koeman4 said:
"Who's the worse galactico?".
It ain't Figo. Better start with the skinny Latin and the fat Brasilian who play up front first. Then hit the Englishman in the middle next. In that order as well.....

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
But K4, not only are you amongst the "Figo-hater" section, you're in the "Guti-supporter" section. You think Guti's a fantastic player and seems to never do any wrong... hell, you gave him an 8.5 for his dreadful performance two weeks ago.

Man Guti is a great player, just imagine Figo playing in 4 different positions in the last 4 years...

I'm not taking anything away from Figo, he is a superb player, a legend shall I say and is surely in the top 3 best players this season.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
Man Guti is a great player, just imagine Figo playing in 4 different positions in the last 4 years...

I'm taking anything away from Figo, he is a superb player, a legend shall I say and is surely in the top 3 best players this season.
Oh, don't get me wrong... I love Guti and think he's a very good player, but anybody who reads K4's assessments of Guti can tell he has a HUGE bias for him and REALLY likes this player.

He seems to never do any wrong in K4's eyes, which is not good, my friend.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Figo shirt sales figure dropped?????

·
40,147 Posts
Flo said:
It ain't Figo. Better start with the skinny Latin and the fat Brasilian who play up front first. Then hit the Englishman in the middle next. In that order as well.....
Personally, I don't care who's the worst. I just said what the madridistas voted in the Madrid media polls.

·
40,147 Posts
FigoIsGod said:

:D haha... "Guti-supporter", don't say that in the Barça forum, because my reputation will disappear in one second... :pp

IMO, Guti has done many mistakes in his life, but not this season. I think that he's now a mature player. For me, Guti is a really good footballer, his vision of the game is really good and I think that he gives more to the team than Gravesen or Becks in the DM. Just an opinion though. Guti has bad days and makes errors like anyone else, but IMO he has been one of the best players of Real Madrid this season.

About Figo. I think that his effort and commitment is unquestionable. He dies on the pitch, that's for sure. On the other hand, he's not that efficient in the right wing, because he lost speed and he has a lot of problems when he wants to dribble the full backs as he did in the past. Lately, Luxa has made him play in the playmaker position and it doesn't work much either.

I wouldn't say that Figo is the worst "galactico". On the other hand, I think that his time is gone for good. IMO, he's half the player he used to be. Again, just an opinion... I don't want to mess.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Koeman4 said:
For me, Guti is a really good footballer, his vision of the game is really good
You are out of your *%&#@$ mind:googly:

Guti has shown this year that he can't be a starter, he has been given chance after chance and after a couple of good games, he goes to pieces. He is an excellent 12th or 13th player, as Real_Madrid wrote he can play four different positions but that is it. Leave him on the bench and bring him in the second half to change or hold games.

Flo said:
It ain't Figo
And I agree:eekani:

And now that I have catched my breath;) Figo has been the only galactico that has actually earned his money, but the problems of Madrid are easy to see when one realizes that Figo is having his worse season. He has not been effective. Kind of like the season that Raul is having. Trying with all their might but still not putting up the numbers.

Zidane has been the biggest flop in terms of galacticos playing well only in the first leg with Juventus. He has sucked big time. After that, Ronaldo and Beckham can shre the honors.

·
40,147 Posts
barça said:
You are out of your *%&#@$ mind:googly:

Guti has shown this year that he can't be a starter, he has been given chance after chance and after a couple of good games, he goes to pieces. He is an excellent 12th or 13th player, as Real_Madrid wrote he can play four different positions but that is it. Leave him on the bench and bring him in the second half to change or hold games.
No, seriously, I think that Guti is one of the most underrated players in Europe. For me, Guti is one of the best midfielders of La Liga and I can not understand how he doesn't have a place in a team that have few mids. When I see that Gravesen and Becks are over him, I think that something is wrong.

·
21,026 Posts
Koeman4 said:
No, seriously, I think that Guti is one of the most underrated players in Europe. For me, Guti is one of the best midfielders of La Liga and I can not understand how he doesn't have a place in a team that have few mids. When I see that Gravesen and Becks are over him, I think that something is wrong.
Becks maybe. But he has been given the role K4, only to give it back after loosing his form on his third or fourth start in a row.

I think that Guti is actually overrated by the Madrid press. Him and Helguera as well. They are just not that good. They are like Gerard or Gabri or Celades or etc, good 12th or 13th players not starters for major teams.

·
40,147 Posts
How come overrated? If he gets hit by everyone and he's always on the bench!!!!

I'm going to stop with this or some people will start to imagine that I have a Guti poster in my room. :D

·
21,026 Posts
Koeman4 said:
How come overrated?
Read my post, he is overrated by the Madrid press;)

I am also done, I can't believe that I actually supported (kind off) Figo on this thread:yuck: :pp

·
40,147 Posts
Please FMs, close this thread... or every barcelonista will confess his "love" for a Madrid player :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts