Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sunday could his last game in charge of the Czech Republic. Maybe not but this'll be the last championship he'll be in charge of his NT as he'll be retiring.

I'll definitely miss him. From the times my Holland played against them in the Czech Republic in the Euro 2004 qualifiers and just kept on losing. Then what to think of meeting them again in Euro 2004, going 2-0 up but still losing :D....but still I just could not dislike this guy....this wily long white haired guy. A kind of Czech Bobby Robson but one at the same time no one apparently even in the Czech Republic knows too much about except that he 's a fan of Shakespeare after he used a quote from Othello in one of his press conferences.

It's a real shame he's probably going to retire empty handed cos there's no doubt the Czech Republic were the best side to watch in Euro 2004. Great fast flowing football they played. The speed they could get the ball from defence to attack (also in the game they beat us in Prague). To think what they did to Germany too with their B side. As a football fan, I can only say thank you.

The Czech Republic during your reign was simply a joy to watch :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
He is not going to retire empty handed. We qualified for all major tournaments while he was in charge, a great achievement as it is.

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, still the generation he worked with in 2004 especially deserved a major trophy imo. Just like Hollands France 98/Euro 2000 generation.

There are very very few clubs or nations I really have the utmost respect for, but one I do respect is the Czech Republic, thanks to Brückner amongst others. I mean one of the few nations in Europe where football is given a tight run when it comes to the number one sport thanks to ice hockey but still you guys manage to constantly produce great players decade after decade and this without the greatest of financial resources either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts