Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you Juve, for signing trezeguet!!! After being on the bench for a whole season, behind Inzaghi and Del Piero, Trezeguet will be convinced by his fried Henry and Wenger to join Arsenal for a knock-down price. As the replacement for Bergkamp, who will have been transferred to Ajax, Trez will blossom and fulfil his talent, forming an incredible trio with Kanu and Henry. Thanks again Juve!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Juventus are monitoring French midfielder Patrick Vieira's display in the semi-final with Portugal before deciding whether to improve their offer of £12m for the former AC Milan midfielder. However, Wenger has explained that he wants to hang onto his star players.

Juve are not getting Vieira ;)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I hope Juve don't get Vieira, i think he is ****. Henry was a sook. He got a game playing down the left wing where i thought he did well. But because that involved defending as well, he went to England so he didn't have to defend. Trezeguet will do good with Del Piero and he will get a go. The only way he won't get a go is if Inzaghi stays and Kluivert signs.

D

·
0 Posts
Kluivert won't sign, but it's going to be a big decision wheter to play Inzaghi or Trezeguet.
Many people predict Trezeguet to spend a nice time on the bench this coming season, anyway, that's Juve's problem, but if it happens then that's sad for Trezeguet, but the following season he'll be Gunner. :)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
True Loose Moose. They would. But Henry can play as a winger and did well. His reasons for leaving were wrong. We had to play him there because at that stage Juve had half their squad injured. We had no choice. He wasn't always going to play there.

B

·
0 Posts
Loosey,

If juventus employed henry as a winger, I doubt he would of feel particularly aggreaved, given that up until that point he had played in that position throughout his professional career. However, they didn't, a winger in italy is generally regarded as a defender in leagues that don't specialize in acting as a medicinal aid for insomniacts...hence he was pissed.

According to reports I have scanned, henry originaly had a preference for moving to 'the home of football' when at monaco, due to mosieur. wenger, but we failed to make a bid and thus lost out to juve( gotta believe we're going to defend with 10 men...man).

Though his desire to play under our great coach, no doubt, was a factor in his decision to ultimately join us. I believe his main reasons for leaving italy were more mundane.....don't like splinters in my @rse.....played out of position......don't like turin.....can't settle at the club.....f*cking defensive crap.....help, i'm sharing a room with that psycho davids....is that the way back messages are really given?.....etc. You know, the usual.

Trezeguet will fail misarably in Italy....but I doubt we'll sign him. Not arsenal material.

[Edited by blitheid on 01-07-2000 at 08:29]

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
yar
but a couple of points blitheid
davids might be a psycho
but he is a very good player
i also thought that wenger was the main reason henry came to arsenal :D
and why wont trezeguet be arsenal material? :confused:

B

·
0 Posts
Just don't think there is sufficient material for wenger to mold into a great striker. Sure he's scored a lot of goals for monaco....but so what, so has simone.

B

·
0 Posts
I believe david gay-trousers is primarily a box player, though he does have a reasonable turn of pace. Currently, henry is more of counter-attacker, though he no doubt will evolve a better capacity to opperate in the box, the more he plays as a striker, hopefully becoming a great all-round attacker eventually. They do have alot in commen, both french, both 22, but of course one major difference is that henrys frances number 1, and david gay-trousers is rated behind......dugarry.

B

·
0 Posts
Maybe :)

Depends whether he decides to buy a house near clapham commen, or hampstead heath.

D

·
0 Posts
That I don't understand. Trezeguet is definitely better than Dugarry, he was originally France's 5th choice, behind Henry,Anelka,Trezeguet, and Wiltord.
Dugarry has got a broken nose, so he won't play in the Final, maybe a chance for Trzeguet to sub-on at some later stage, although Lemerre prefers Wiltord.

B

·
0 Posts
In the position he was in, any self respecting striker would expect to score, though not necessarily so spectaculary. The italian defense was pulled completely out of shape by the movement of ARSENALS henry, and the run of ARSENALS pires, leaving david gay-trousers a huge amount of time and space with which to take his shot.

Apart from his two goals from 'miss-a-lot-ovic' range this e2k what else has he done, has he linked up well with the other french players?, has he shown good control?, has he shown a good passing ability?, has he shown the ability to hold the ball up?, has he shown good technique?

David gay-trousers is a good box player, he has quite nice movement and is a able finisher. But is it worth employing this kind of striker, when you are effectively playing with 10 men when outside the box?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts