Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It´s not like the forum is very active lately, but I wouldn´t let this thing pass by. This Saturday Carlos Gurpegi Nausia will play his last game as lion.

A one club man with one thousand laughs and tears throughout his career, I think there´s nothing which has not happened to him.

He is an icon in Athletic´s history, for many reasons. We suffered through his tough times (unfair sanctions, terrible injuries) and enjoyed his best times... I think most of us will always remember him, and in fact, I think we will continue watching him linked to Athletic somehow.

Eskerrik asko Carlos! :)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
He was the last one from the first Athletic I've started watching. I always liked him, he was a loyal and hard-working player, an icon of Athletic. Very unfortunate throughout his career, he would have easily surpassed 500 games if he wan't this unlucky. Nice picture, I believe he will frame it in his house! :)

Now, Gorka, Aduriz and Raul are the most experienced in the team although I believe his absence will be obvious next year.

Out of topic:

I don't quite like the new format of the site and since I'm now fluent in Spanish I'm following Athletic news more from the FB pages. If anyone wants to keep in contact with me, send a PM.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Thanks, Iribar, for posting this on here.

I feel very happy for Gurpegi that he was able to win a title with Athletic (as an Athletic fan, I am also happy myself :D ). Would indeed be very nice, if we see him connected to the club somehow in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts