Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Third match was shite but understandable without Tim and Bresc for the majority... and I guess the mental/physical fatigue involved... bring on the Asia Cup, HOWEVER, commentators saying we should be favorites to win the tournament because of the encouraging WC performances + home advantage ought to have a rethink, despite under performing Japan's squad is still far stronger than ours. Having Kruse back will be good, though.

·
*the drum drum*
42,808 Posts
It is a good start but it is only just that - a start.

An impressive showing is not a result in itself - we finished dead last on 0 points, no matter how good the football was at times, no matter how difficult the group was and no matter how inexperienced the team was. The result was 0 points.

This needs to be a stepping stone to get more players into better clubs, build upon these foundations and take it to the next level.

The Asian Cup on home soil is the perfect opportunity for that, hopefully by the time that rolls around we will have 2-3 players at better clubs, then off the back of the Asian Cup another player or two.

Ange is off to a good start.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
i honestly cannot remember a weaker Australian NT roster in my time watching football... that being the case, Postecoglou deserves time and patience

1 - 9 of 9 Posts