Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanx to you all, namely :

1) All the Lazio players!
Those who played today and brought us the trophy, as well as those who didn't (Nesta, Marchegiani, Miha...).
Thanx for not giving up the fight until the final whistle was blown!
Thanx for all the performance you've all put in during this wonderful season! From day 1 to the final day!

2) Cragnotti!
...for fighting for the team at all costs, against even the powerful in Serie A. Thanx, for defending the players!

3) Sven Goran Eriksson
...for all the effort that has won us Winners Cup, Super Cup, and the greatest of them all...the Scudetto 1999/2000!
...for having the faith that we can still win it, when others have lost hope!
...for keeping the players down-to-earth when there's euphoria of victories
...also, for boosting the morale of the players when they were down after another match against the referees and all those attacks by media
...for defending the players when others blame them and lose faith at them
...geez, for everything, really! :D

4) (i) All the fans
Those who went to Olimpico today and showed tremendous support to our players
Those who invaded the pitch and gave us TV viewers some 'entertainment' (though I was scared initially... ;) )

(ii) All the fans
Who've never lost hope and continue to believe even when others told us to get realistic :D
Who still have faith that after prolonged misfortunes, bad lucks and unfairness...we're bound to have our share of luck after all as a form of compensation!
Who defend the team when others insult us (but not by insulting them back 'coz that means we're stooping as low as them!)
Who've been good examples of Laziale that fans of other teams have come to respect us! (So this doesn't go to the minority who've only brought Lazio trouble!)

5) God (or for those who don't believe in God, change it to Fate!) :)
...for deciding that this season is to be
ours
...for rewarding our perseverance,faith and hard work with the Scudetto!
...for everything, really.

6) Luck
Need I say more? Finally we're fortunate! But we deserve this luck; we worked hard to ensure a win vs Reggina!

7) Weather
Rain. How lovely. While it shone brightly in Rome. Reminds me of a Japanese comic about this particular soccer club which have the trainings during heavy rain so they can get used to such harsh conditions. For sure, neither Juve nor Perugia are the club ;) !

8) Perugia!
For to be fair, even if we won 1000-0 we would still be 2nd place had Perugia not won!
Thaannxx to Calori! Many Lazio fans will vote it as the goal of the season ;)
Alenitchev, Melli, Amoruso, the keeper...I don't remember all the names, sadly. But thanks!
...for actually showing a fight against Juve when you actually had nothing to lose.
So there was no need for incentive from us before the match, was there? But now we can reward them :)
...for the tight defence such that the Juve players finally got frustrated and the tension finally got to them that they started to make unnecessary mistakes. ;)
The keeper needs a special mention, really, for his great punches! The ball was so slippery, wasn't it?

My condolences to the Juve PlaYerS on the pitch though; I saw their frustration, and don't we know the feeling? Pretty much the same as when we lost the title to Milan! But the difference is, last season we did all we could and luck didn't favor us. While this season, Juve simply didn't win. That Pippo missed so many sitters, not to mention all those misses by Zizou and Kovacevic...red card...today was simply not Juve's day. Not an unfamiliar thing for Lazio, coz there were quite several days where we had so many chances, we deserved the victory, yet it simply wasn't going to be our day and none of the players could find the net! :(

I've said all my thanks for now...have I missed anyone? And no thanks to the ref for our match (since he denied us the penalty)...

Forza Lazio
Serie A Champions 1999/2000

O

·
0 Posts
This is the best post I have ever seen here. Nedved . . . genius!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And my personal thanx to those non-Lazio fans who congratulate us and admit that we deserve the scudetto...It's not easy to be sporting, indeed!
And thanks to you too, oltre-la-morte :D

Forza Lazio
Serie A Champions 1999/2000

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Great post Nedved!

T

·
0 Posts
Joy!!!

I think you summed the entire season very well and with style.

Here in the U.S., we had a great celebration for Lazio. The exuberance is overflowing!!!!

Thank you all for getting me interested in such a great sport and such an excellent team!
I am still learning and LOVING IT!

FORZA LAZIO
CHAMPIONS 2000!!!!

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
I think the first person I wanna to thank is Sven, because when we 9 points behind juve, I have to admit that at that time I wasn't sure if we will win this lo scudetto, but he was the only person who promise this trophy confidently......

We should keep him for another .... 100 years maybe :) :) :) and by the way, FOUR FOUR TWO in May edition put Eriksson in number 15 as the greatest manager all the time...... #1 ? of course they put Fergie......

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks to SIMEO SIMEO SIMEONE GOL for scoring on Rubentus - Lazio match and thanks Veron to pass Simeone the ball !!
If we havent score that one we wouldn't have lo scudetto now !

FORZA ALL OF YOU LAZIO FANS !

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Not too difficult to be sporting, you just have to try :).

I wish you some nice celebrations and don't exaggerate it :).

Till the next year (maybe in the CL final at San Siro, wouldn't it be great Milan vs. Lazio)

So, ciao Laziali & Forza Milan

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, after winning the double once again, I'm thanking #1 - #5 :D

Some additions...
1) Now, special mention to Ballotta and our defence! Those saves...
4) The fans who travelled to Milano for the 2nd leg vs Inter! You were marvellous! You really made our presence felt! And how the players celebrated! (Any of you got Conceicao's jersey? ;) )
5) God (or Fate, for those who don't believe in God ;) ) ... for giving us more than I dared to dream of at the start of the season.

Don't Let this success get into our head, though! Next season we'll be the team to beat and arrogance is always the downfall (look what happened to ManUtd this season?)

Forza Lazio
Serie A Champions, Coppa Italia Winners 1999/2000

1 - 9 of 9 Posts