Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Date: 17-08-2008, 20:00 (CEST), 14:00 (EDT), 04:00 (EST, I'd skip this one if I were living here)

A nice opportunity for our squad to get some competitive matches under their belt. They should take it seriously without going all the way considering the sick bay is crowded as it is.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Who's broadcasting it?

Oh surprise, Lincoln is injured for this match.

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
arda is out for this one. kewell might start.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Who's broadcasting it?

Oh surprise, Lincoln is injured for this match.
Noooo... really?!! what a shocker. By the way buzy, I've been playing/watching this game since I was 3. Ok I'm no friggin tactician but I can tell the diference between who comes to play and who comes to whine and bitch and just get money. lincoln is that whiny little bitch. Not everyone who comes from bundesliga is supposed to light up the superlig especially not someone like lincoln.

·
19,147 Posts
no he isnt injured. at least not according to the official site.

look gravesends (sorry, i forgot your real name), if you watched our last match then you would have seen that lincoln once more was very important for the team. we as gs fans (who obviously want the best for their team) think that he still has a lot to offer. and that hasnt got to do anything with the fact that he came from schalke.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
But that's the thing, do you really think he's making an attempt to help the team? I don't see it. He definitely didn't play this way at Schalke.

(My name's Selcuk by the way but not many know each other's names in these forums)

·
19,147 Posts
But that's the thing, do you really think he's making an attempt to help the team? I don't see it. He definitely didn't play this way at Schalke.

(My name's Selcuk by the way but not many know each other's names in these forums)
i really think he's been trying. and he ran his ass off against steaua just like all the other players. and i think he helped the team a lot, he did what was expected from him. made some clever passes, was dangerous in front of their goal. i'm optimistic. if he starts to play bad again and continues to do so untill the end of the season, then he'll have to go anyway.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
The most important things about this match are:

1) Build up squad fitness
2) Avoid any injuries

Hopefully Kewell can get some minutes and become more comfortable with our system

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Where did you read that? I read that it is Orkun, Arda, Linderoth, and Emre Gungor who have not flown with the team to Germany

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Lincoln is actually going to play. :howler:

Guess it is time to see what Kewell can deliver at this point. And I hope Skibbe doesn't mix the squad once again. I would die.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Some good news:

Skibbe formed Sabri-Meira-Servet-Yaman defense...
Kayseri is missing 7 players, including Olembe, Cangele, Ragip, Escobar...

This is good for us, but I wanted to see these new Kayseri transfers in action. I don't know why is he benching Balta though, surely Yaman is not better? Sabri and Yaman at the wing-back are faaaaaaaaaar more attacking than Gungor-Balta.. only question is Meira-Servet duo, since they didn't play together a lot.

Hope to see Ayhan in action tommorow. And Kewell.

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lincoln is actually going to play. :howler:

Guess it is time to see what Kewell can deliver at this point. And I hope Skibbe doesn't mix the squad once again. I would die.
This match isn't about what Kewell can deliver. It's about regaining match fitness. We know what he can do and we could use some of it against Steaua.

Some good news:

Skibbe formed Sabri-Meira-Servet-Yaman defense...
Kayseri is missing 7 players, including Olembe, Cangele, Ragip, Escobar...

This is good for us, but I wanted to see these new Kayseri transfers in action. I don't know why is he benching Balta though, surely Yaman is not better? Sabri and Yaman at the wing-back are faaaaaaaaaar more attacking than Gungor-Balta.. only question is Meira-Servet duo, since they didn't play together a lot.

Hope to see Ayhan in action tommorow. And Kewell.
Yaman is never faaaaaaaar better or worse than Hakan on anything. In my eyes they're pretty much the same; big and slow.

Once again, this match is only important in that it serves as an opportunity to regain fitness or make players acquainted with each other. So Meira and Servet isn't a question. It's expected.

·
19,147 Posts
alright, latest news from gstv:

- aykut is most probably going to play again
- meira-servet at cb
- kewell from the bench

·
19,147 Posts
btw, i would seriously aprreciate it if skibbe orders linderoth to take all the corner kicks and free kicks which need to be crossed in when he is back. we are pretty inefficient in that part of our game probably since hagi left.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
This match isn't about what Kewell can deliver. It's about regaining match fitness. We know what he can do and we could use some of it against Steaua.
Actually, I know what he COULD do back in the days. Now, I have NO idea what he can do.

Yaman is never faaaaaaaar better or worse than Hakan on anything
Yaman is faaaaaaar better offensively in my opinion. He is running forward a lot more than Balta and I feel he can past the opposition easier than Balta. Defensively he lacks in positioning. He used to play as LM at Antalya I think.

And again, in my opinion, this match has big importance because a loss here would seriously damage our moral. Winning this might bring back confidence, especially our Goalkeepers...

1 - 20 of 212 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.