Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to begin by pointing out that I waited for The Doc but it appears that he could still be experiencing problems with his PC :) Therefore I have taken the liberty of opening the match thread for our upcoming cup semi-final clash with The Cockerils of Denizlispor.

Like last year, this is our opponents last chance of European football next season as a place in the final will guarantee them a UEFA spot next year. Ironically, if Fener win BJK will be entering the UEFA cup instead - something that doesn't sit comfortably with some FB fans...

We on the other hand have not won the cup for 23 seasons (!?) and that alone should be a driver. We have been in several finals and semi-finals but have not managed to end this wait and this season is as good as any for obvious reasons...

The morale of our team will be put to the test and so will our psychology as Denizli beat us in the league recently and have been resting their stars in recent weeks. Something that has cost them a 4-0 thrashing at Samsun at the weekend.... Will it be revenge, or will Fener hit panic button? all will be revealed....

·
*the drum drum*
43,105 Posts
The importance of this match has changed over the last week..

For the whole season, it's been about getting the cup for the sake of winning something we haven't won for so long.. Now it's become something that'll have a huge impact on the league title too..

Most are expecting a thrashing of Denizli to rid of the frustrations from last weekend, but I really can't see that happening.. Not against Denizli, and not in these circumstances..

As long as the team can win, even if it's after missing 6 penalties, clearing 10 shots off our own line and scoring a 94th minute winner to take it 1-0, it's enough..

It's really a match about morale more than anything else, and that's something Daum does that I can't dispute..

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Is Servet going to be back for this match? I think we may be missing his toughness a little bit.
Not to say Deniz is playing poorly, but he does seem to get flustered a bit...

·
*the drum drum*
43,105 Posts
Cihan007x said:
Hopefully this game goes to extra time and you guyz play like 120 mins of football and then lose....

Sorry I am a bit cruel but that what I want
Irony! :howler:

GS had a hard time of things, going beyond 120 minutes and into penalties.. Unfortunetly they didn't lose :pp

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
I hope Daum starts the same starting 11 we had against Besiktas.....that was without any doubt our best line up ever! The only change is kemal instead of Tuncay although i know Tuncay will start again.

-----------------Rüstü------------------

Önder-------Luciano-----Deniz-------Ümit

-------------Aurelio-----Selcuk----------

Anelka------------Alex-------------Kemal

----------------Nobre-------------------

Haydi saldir Sari Kanaryam......

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
It will be an entertaining session end :)

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This competition desperately needs a high profile final which a FB v GS one would be able to provide... That said, Denizli will not be pushovers and if Fener do underestimate them, it would be at our peril.

I personally hope that this Semi-final is better then last nights one which looked nothing more then an end of season friendly by two very tired teams...!?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I hope Ersen Martin is no more ijured!
It will be a geat match!

FB-Fans do you remember December of 2001?

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Cengo said:
Haydi saldir Sari Kanaryam......

Olm cok tuhaf geliyor kulaga 'saldir kanarya' lafi :D
Sunu : 'hadi kanatlarini cirp kanaryam' yada 'hadi cikle kanaryam' desen olmazmi yav? :D:D

Well joking aside, I'm undecided on this one as well. Is a UEFA spot worth supporting Fenerbahce or would it be more fun to see them loose? I'm not sure, so it's a win-win situation either way for me I guess :D

But if Denizli play counterattackign football (which wil most likely be the case) odds are they'll catch you with few men and create opportunities. As good as Feners attacking power is, the same players never exert themselves to run back on counters and help out the defence. And that's your main weakness, from what I've seen so far.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Fener will get a comfortable victory here. 3-0 Goals, Anelka 21th, Umit Ö 33th and Serhat A. 81th minute. :thmbup:

Kanaryaaaaaa, kanaryaaaaaaaa, saldiiiiir, saldiiiiir, kanaryaaaaaa! :scream:

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Is this going to be live on Kanal D or Show ?

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Yasko said:
Fener will get a comfortable victory here. 3-0 Goals, Anelka 21th, Umit Ö 33th and Serhat A. 81th minute. :thmbup:
I will hold it against you if this doesnt fall in....:D

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
According Lig TV Fenerbahce reporter, Deniz Türker, the line up will be the same as in the Besiktas game with the exception of Serkan instead of önder on the right back position!

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cengo said:
According Lig TV Fenerbahce reporter, Deniz Türker, the line up will be the same as in the Besiktas game with the exception of Serkan instead of önder on the right back position!
That's good to hear :happy:

·
*the drum drum*
43,105 Posts
Cengo said:
I hope he got it slightly wrong and it's Serkan instead of Deniz with a bit of a reshuffling at the back..

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Believe it or not though Tolga, Deniz hasn't actually been too bad in defence. The only 'problem' is that he cannot cover Luciano as much as Servet does....

·
*the drum drum*
43,105 Posts
I know he hasn't been all that bad. He was basically the majority pick for MoM against Sakarya, and other than his defending in attack, he was decent against BJK..

But I like Önder's no nonsense approach as opposed to the rest of the defence who all love the ball just a little too much. It's good to have someone like that in the mix of all the ball players..
Add to that, Deniz is as attack minded as Luciano, so they just can't work together at center back without giving up endless amounts of space for counterattacking sides :eek:

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Valid point bro... You know what I wouldn't mind seeing for one game at least? Lucky playing target man up front. No kidding, I think he'd lead the front line well and chip in with his fair share of goals...

1 - 20 of 121 Posts