Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Berbatov does arrive then Rooney should make way in my opinion, Tevez in this moment is quite breathtaking.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
They can all play together because it isn't as though Fergie's formation is rigid. If Berbatov is signed Fergie will most likely play the same formation of playing the two central players slightly deep and let the four attackers rotate constantly throughout the match.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
If Berbatov does arrive then Rooney should make way in my opinion, Tevez in this moment is quite breathtaking.
At the moment tevez is in very good form. Rooney is comming back from injury, and as the above post said they can all play together.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At the moment tevez is in very good form. Rooney is comming back from injury, and as the above post said they can all play together.
I know he's coming back from injury, but his performances have been up and down for a few seasons now. I think some bench time will do him good.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
based on what? 3 games? Pfff

their both great and rooney is just not in form now plus he is not getting the serves he should.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Don't give me all this coming back from injury bollocks, he's been shit for years. If and when Berbatov comes, Rooney should be dropped for a couple of games.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Rooney needs to buck his ideas up. He is too hesistant in his play now, delaying passes too long, keeping the ball too much. But we still see glimpses of his old self, like that perfect chip cross to Tevez who laid it off to Vidic for the goal.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
**** off with this thread....Call yourself United supporters....Rooney has been shit for the first 3 games we can all agree on that but to start shit threads talking about Berbatov replacing Rooney is a ****ing disgrace...The guy is not even ours yet...****

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
**** off with this thread....Call yourself United supporters
So they aren't proper Utd supporters because they're not biased towards Rooney and say that he's in a shit form?

lol.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
yes, rooney is shit...we would be willing to take him...

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
So they aren't proper Utd supporters because they're not biased towards Rooney and say that he's in a shit form?

lol.
Sharmuta. Next time you reply, reply to my entire post. Thanks Ya Err.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
**** off with this thread....Call yourself United supporters....Rooney has been shit for the first 3 games we can all agree on that but to start shit threads talking about Berbatov replacing Rooney is a ****ing disgrace...The guy is not even ours yet...****
Rooney has been shit for 3 years let alone 3 games. No one is saying replace Rooney with Berbatov. If Rooney and Tevez's best position is behind the striker, then on current form, Tevez HAS to play there.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Don't give me all this coming back from injury bollocks, he's been shit for years. If and when Berbatov comes, Rooney should be dropped for a couple of games.
Your an idiot. And I suppose Ronaldo is the most loyal united player in the squad eh! ;)

Simplistic view for simplistic people. Some fans like the pretty colors in the crowds (with the banners and scarfs scattered around the stadium)and the one trick ponies, but dont really understand the concept of hard work and team ethics or how important that is over a season. Because hes not doing stepovers or dancing around players, hes just not good enough for the team?? Have already made my points as to why rooney is quality in the world football thread, no point in trying to dispute it with a plonker.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Have you forgotten the Rooney of '04-'06? He was far, far, far from shit. He was the best player in the United team for those years, and why? Because for the majority of games he was playing behind either Ruud or Saha.

Rooney has been shit for 3 years let alone 3 games. No one is saying replace Rooney with Berbatov. If Rooney and Tevez's best position is behind the striker, then on current form, Tevez HAS to play there.
Where's Rooney been playing for the most of the past two years?

Up top, on the left and on the right he's not been playing in his best position unlike Tevez. And people are absolutely right that he's not lived up to the hype, but he's not been allowed to consistently play in his best position.

If and when Berbatov signs and Rooney is allowed to play his natural position - like Tevez has been allowed to, like Ronaldo has been allowed to - then we'll see how he does...

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Rooney has been garbage the first 3 games, thats all i gotta say. You can't possibly think we would have won something without Rooney the last 2 years :googly:

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Have you forgotten the Rooney of '04-'06? He was far, far, far from shit. He was the best player in the United team for those years, and why? Because for the majority of games he was playing behind either Ruud or Saha.

Where's Rooney been playing for the most of the past two years?

Up top, on the left and on the right he's not been playing in his best position unlike Tevez. And people are absolutely right that he's not lived up to the hype, but he's not been allowed to consistenly play in his best position.

If and when Berbatov signs and Rooney is allowed to play his natural position - like Tevez has been allowed to, like Ronaldo has been allowed to - then we'll see how he does...
Agreed 100%.

PB doesnt actually know that rooney has been played out of position so much. He goes on what others say (sky sports with their 4-4-2 rooney up front) and what he reads in the rags!!:howler:

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
He still does not beat players or hve that cracking shot that he used to have. I used to be able to beat players for fun, now he would rather pass it backwards, even with a 1 on 1.

And if Berbatov comes and Rooney plays behind where will Tevez play? On current form it is Tevez who would play behind Berbatov.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts