Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tevez Bound For Chelsea?
2/24/2005 12:37:00 AM
Corinthians Vice President Antonio Roque Citadini has publicly announced that Corinthians new signing Carlos Tevez is already a Chelsea player, with the transfer to the Stamford Bridge club only a matter of time.
Brazilian television reports confirm the suspicions of many that Kia Joorabchian’s M.S.I. is intimately linked to Chelsea boss Roman Abramovich and several other Russian businessmen who remain the object of speculation.

It would be wise, however, to wait for corroboration as Citadini has made his desire to sink the M.S.I.- Corinthians partnership at all costs clear; for him there are too many unknown factors.
Carlitos Tevez’s owner appears to be one of them.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=48755&progr=1

Just rumors???? Did Corinthians already sell him?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Well, it's not like the money that bought Tevez was Corinthians' money in the first place, the bill was paid by M.S.I. – Corinthians new partner/owner (M.S.I has control of 51% of Corinthians, so unless I'm mistaken the club basically belongs to MSI now). When and if M.S.I. decides to sell the player, it's entirely up to them, the club has no say in the matter.

And as the article says, there are a lot of rumours that M.S.I. is just a 'front' for Abramovich, a "testa de ferro" as we say in Brasil. So there's a strong possiblity that this article is true, yeah.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Garrincha said:
Well, it's not like the money that bought Tevez was Corinthians' money in the first place, the bill was paid by M.S.I. – Corinthians new partner/owner (M.S.I has control of 51% of Corinthians, so unless I'm mistaken the club basically belongs to MSI now). When and if M.S.I. decides to sell the player, it's entirely up to them, the club has no say in the matter.

And as the article says, there are a lot of rumours that M.S.I. is just a 'front' for Abramovich, a "testa de ferro" as we say in Brasil. So there's a strong possiblity that this article is true, yeah.

Thanks for the info...Damn, I wished he would stay at Corinthians for atleast a year and then make a move to La Liga. I just don't know if a Argie can make it in the EPL. This sucks.... :yuck:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Abramovich doing this stuff will end up controlling the whole market, buying players he doesn't need just to stop his rivals not getting them, this is bad for football.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Garrincha said:
So, if that were true, Corinthians could theoretically become a feeder club for Chelsea? :eek:

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Abramovich doing this stuff will end up controlling the whole market, buying players he doesn't need just to stop his rivals not getting them, this is bad for football.
I think we could use a player like Tevez..

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
So, if that were true, Corinthians could theoretically become a feeder club for Chelsea?
Yes, Todo-Poderoso Chelsao! , Jokes aside Corinthians fans would probally react in a very negative way if this became too abusive (either or not this is his intention).

Altought there is rumours that he wants to build the market here, a tv channel for Corinthians, etc it will became more ridiculous if the players move around his teams as if he is playing FIFA video games.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Garrincha said:

Hey, G. You and I posted about this very issue a few weeks ago, remember? The whole thing is very shady. Looks like the World Soccer article might have been on the money. Anytime a company shows up out of nowhere with a bucket of cash t save a team (and one that is not exactly a world commodity...no offense corinthians fans) you have to ask questions. Hopefully, if this is really a dirty episode, then the world body will do something and help prevent this sort of self-serving "business" in hte future.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Tim said:
So, if that were true, Corinthians could theoretically become a feeder club for Chelsea? :eek:

Hey, Abramovich already has CSKA Moscow in his stable. A south american satellite makes sense, no?

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,483 Posts
Robinho, O Rei?

The most anticipated matchup of the Paulista tournament ended up being a forum for Robinho to flex his muscles in front of the entire soccer world. The Brazilian phenomenon outclassed, outplayed, and outscored his Argentine counterpart in a matchup of the two most exciting and talented young forwards in all of South America. So much so, that both Argentine and Brazilian media outlets called this game Tevez vs. Robinho. It was a matchup that transcended two teams. It became a matchup between two individuals, and the results were made known by the Brazilian media.

Robinho simply played one of the best games of his career on Sunday, as Santos demolished their Paulista nemesis Corinthians. It was one of the most satisfying victories for the Peixe over their rivals, as the Brazilian striker scored on two occasions and assisted on another. Meanwhile Corinthians’ most prized acquisition, Carlos Tevez, touched the ball a few times and could do very little against a team that was inspired to win. The cover of The Lance mentioned how “Robinho did the samba around the Corinthian defense, while Tevez suffered with Santos. Round four goes to Robinho.

One thing that must be noticed is that this was the seventh week of the Paulista tournament, not the final of the Copa Libertadores or an Argentina- Brazil matchup. If you were to add up these, the boy from Fuerte Apache in Buenos Aires would have a commanding 3-1 lead. I refuse to take that route because the game had other protagonists, and it would denigrate the entire team effort put forth by the santistas.

With the way this game transpired, this would be one of the ideal storylines that could develop throughout the duration of the Brazilian tournaments the rest of the year.

Juan Arango

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
About the same matter, does anybody knows how come that Vagner Love remained in the other stable?? How can they still want him after all his declaraion that he is no going back??

Tycoon's agreemant??

·
Registered
564 Posts
i don't like the way corinthians become on..........
a very rich team that will be used by abramovich to make deals and for continous trading.....
this will affect a lort of hot prospects in south america :veiled:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts