Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Terry wants Chelsea deal for life
tribalfootball.com - January 1, 2004

Defender John Terry is ready to sign for Chelsea for life.
Terry, 23, told The Sun: "I'd quite happily sign for life - and I've told them so.

"Claudio is a great manager and while he is here, Chelsea will just get better and better. I've been at the club since I was 14 and now we are right up there with the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United."

He added: "These days there seems to be so little loyalty between clubs and players but that's not the way I feel about Chelsea.

"I love working with Claudio. No one should forget who gave them their first chance in football. He gave me mine and I will remember that for ever.

"We can win the Premiership this year. All the players believe it and want it very badly. If I could win only one trophy this year it would be that."

On Blues owner Roman Abramovich, Terry also said: "When he first arrived no one quite knew what was going to happen or how big the club would become.

"But now we are competing on level terms with United and Arsenal.

"We used to be contenders with them but now we are equals. The players really believe we can push on and win the title this season."

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
What a donkey. :eek: Has anybody ever done that before in the history of football? And will it restrict him on ever moving or is it just a "you can never get me on a Bosman" kind of deal?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
He just wants a big fat contract now that there's Abramovich to pay the bills. And of course, he loves the club and all that :)

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
He's no better a captain or player than Tony Adams and look how crap a manager he's been so far.

Anyway, what does that have to do with anything? 10 years at £120,000 a week indexed. Love for the club my saggy sack.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Is that really the sticking point or is he hanging on till the future of Jose is resolved?

£120K a week is probably ok for Terry as he is the captian nad thier inspiraton, especially with the clowns Ballack and Shevchenko on £130K a week.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
you can't blame him for wanting it when he looks at Sheva huffing and puffing and doing very little.

though it seems Abramovich has had enough of shelling out now, trouble is Terry won't be able to get more at any other club so he's a bit f*cked.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
you can't blame him for wanting it when he looks at Sheva huffing and puffing and doing very little.

though it seems Abramovich has had enough of shelling out now, trouble is Terry won't be able to get more at any other club so he's a bit f*cked.
Real or Barca will pay good wages for someone like Terry.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I doubt this story, I'm sure John will sign a new contract very soon as he is the hearth of our team. And the same for Lampard...

Michael Essien signed today until 2012! Great news, Michael is a monster.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
DougCoglan said:
...rumoured new contract talks have stalled because he wants a 10 year deal and a guarantee that he will always be the club's highest earning player. If this is true, what - an - arsehole

what is your source? any reliable media stories? :pp

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
The Times today reports that Terry had a 5 year contract with an option for 4 more years extension withdrawn last Wednesday.

It also states that a Chelsea official (what this means is anyone's guess) stated that the contract on offer is "good for a centre half". Terry was not happy about this.

Is this all newspaper talk to try to portray Chelsea falling to pieces with Jose looking to Real, Terry not signing and Lampard giving Kenyon a deadline of 31 March, or is their some truth in the matter?

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
kat said:
JM said that he will quit talking to media, again, after he was totally misquoted.
He will only talk to TV and Radio, the press will go mad and start inventing meetings in Madrid, Turin, Milan, Monaco anywhere just to get a reaction.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts