Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea skipper John Terry believes Arsenal's title hopes will soon slip away because they have not got enough Englishmen on the pitch.

The 26-year-old feels English players have a togetherness and that Arsenal's batch of foreigners may lack the same backbone.

"You need an English backbone - one with that force, that togetherness, that pulling together," the defender told the Sun.

"That's what the English players have. It's why Arsenal might come up short in the run-in."

The Gunners' season took a major blow midweek when they were dumped out of the Champions League by Liverpool thanks to a Ryan Babel onslaught in the final minutes.

With league-leaders Manchester United favourites to lift the title and retain the Premiership trophy, Terry says the same result could be yet another bitter pill to swallow.

"After watching Manchester United win the title last season, it hurt me more that anything else," he added.

The English squad has eleven of those at any one time on the pitch but will not be making any appearance at the Euro.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
enjoy your holidays JT while our foreigners are showing their lack of backbone in the Euros, jesus wept. :rollani:

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Has Chelsea won something this season that we're not aware of? FFS we drew the reining CL champs in Milan, the finalist in Liverpool who own Chelsea yet now this **** has the audacity to talk shit. This ****** should at least wait until the seasons over, Romans billions could not even earn Chelsea the Carling Cup and Chelsea's "English backbone" will likely=**** all come May.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
He's an idiot. You need togetherness and a backbone in the team, but whether they are english or not doesn't matter. If the english backbone was so essential then why are those players sitting at home this summer?

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
I've seen enough gutless performances from England in Terry's time to know that being english doesn't count for much...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Vidic has a backbone twice as tough as Terry's.. dont see him being english?

I would hardly call Terry 'tough', i'd call him overrated for sure though.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I hate to say it but some of these guys are so blatantly racist and they don't ever get confronted for it. It goes both ways though.

Just sad.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
What a idiot he is.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Terry wants to Motivate you guys against ManUtd.

ITs good if the players react like you guys did. :D

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
The Chelsea backbone isn't even English. It's Ghanean, Portuguese, German, French/Congolese, Czech and Ivorian. If this dumb ass thinks that the best players at Chelsea are English then he's having a laugh. :howler:

·
Registered
728 Posts
terry needs to keep stum. he is a top ****** and a clown. i live on the street and the area he comes from. to think the england captain was drunk and singing karoke in funky buddah last tuesday... give the captaincy to gerrard a true sportsman... chelsea's football is bland and quite shite...lol

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Oh don't start on Gerrard...

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Change of mind. I think Terry was right. Teams need an English backbone: Wigan needed Heskey for the late equaliser at Stamford Bridge on Monday and he is English. Nothing wrong in his statement for me.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts