Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much more toadd i guess, Terim doesnt want Hagi or Popescu in the team next year. he says that he needs two new stars that wil bring more dynamism to the team. they need some change and Hagi will not really benefit Gala as much next year.

Hagi wanted to stay at Gala for another year but he said nobody had asked him to. he ws waiting for he president to call and ask him to stay. So this wont happen. but they dont want to finish relations with Hagi of course. They want him to still work with Gala as assistant to Terim working with youngsters.

I am sad that they are leaving but i think its time. Terim said he needs a star in midfield like Zidane who will replace Hagi.

They are after Song from Liverpool and Djetou from Monaco to replace Popescu.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I think Galata is going to lose more from that move. Hagi is highly influential figure, and Popescu also is not less important with his experience.
Though I heard you were interested in Balakov, but that's just a rumor..

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are boph great players with thier experience, skills and personalities. However, its time to make a change.
I am not sure about hagi but its certainly time to make a change with Popescu. He is making so many mistakes. As he is getting older, he is also getting slower. I am watching all the games, believe me,he is not the old Popescu. 2 years ago i thought he was the best player in Gala but not anymore. If we wanna have success in CL next year we have to think realistic not emotional. I am sure everyone is sad that they are gonna leave since they are 2 symbols of gala now but Gala has to think realisticly nd they are definitely making the right choices.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
This is kind of sad news to me. They both exceeded their expectations in Gala and they both will be remembered fondly by Gala fans.

I hope Hagi and Popescu go to Romania in order to fix the damn league. If Hagi decides to retire I want to see him as a Romanian assistant coach helping the youngsters develop, etc.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
its too bad to see them leave, but good things do come to an end and IMO, it is time to end it. they have passed their good years and i think retiring is the best choice.

i dont know about going to romania to fix the DAMN league, but he has to teach the youngsters of romania better by being the coach of under-21 team because a person like him can teach these kids how to play great soccer.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
its too bad to see them leave, but good things do come to an end and IMO, it is time to end it. they have passed their good years and i think retiring is the best choice.

i dont know about going to romania to fix the DAMN league, but he has to teach the youngsters of romania better by being the coach of under-21 team because a person like him can teach these kids how to play great soccer.

·
International
9,682 Posts
Too bad.
However, it won't be difficult for Popescu to find a team. PSV and Olimpialos are still interested.
And about Hagi, they're making a big mistake. Emre is what it is because of Hagi. Galata sunshine became with Hagi, and Galata sunset will come with Hagi retirement or move to another team.

Zidane it's not an option for you. He has a huge salary at Juve and he just renewed his contract.

Also you don't have any chance with Djetou who rejected a move to Milan, so I don't think he'll accept a move to Galata.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didntsay Zidane was an option, neither Terim. "someone like Zidane" :) They are secretly negotiating with Okocha according to many papers and one manager admitted it.
I think its time ofr Hagi to retire from Gala, definitely Popescu. I relly dont know anything about the French player but i can certinly say that they are gonnna buyvery good and welll known players as they want big success in CL next year.
One of the richest man in Turkey(owner of Telecom) decided to finance one of the foreign players they are gonna buy. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts