Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fans firebomb Vieri business

Tension at Inter is sky high after petrol bombs were thrown at restaurants owned by Christian Vieri and Fabio Cannavaro.

Police revealed that late last night Molotov cocktails were hurled at the ‘Baci e Abbracci’ restaurant owned by Vieri and Milan midfielder Christian Brocchi, while another attack took place on Cannavaro’s establishment ‘Rosso Pomodoro’.

Baci e Abbracci (i´ve been there)

The fact these were linked to the results on the field of play has now been ascertained by a message left behind at the scene.

“Vieri, our patience has come to an end,” read the leaflet.

“You are not Inter men and do not deserve the support of this city seeing as you and your teammates do not care about the suffering and humiliation poured upon us. Now you will pay.”

In recent years there has been escalating tension between the Nerazzurri hard-line supporters and the club – including banners which former President Massimo Moratti admits influenced his decision to resign – but this is a terrifying turn of events.

“We were immediately informed of these events,” read a statement on the official Inter website.

“These are very serious and shocking actions, which is why we refuse to believe that there were real Inter fans behind them.”

The pressure is increasing on the side after a 2-0 lead was lost in the 3-2 derby defeat to Milan last Saturday evening.

Inter are now in joint sixth place with Udinese, 19 points adrift of the League leaders.

Oh DEAR! Molotov cocktails, OMG! When will this end? Who wants to come to Inter anymore when they know our fans are acting like this? Who wants to stay with the club? This is so stupid! They think they are doing some favour for all Inter fans around the world, but they dont understand that this will hurt us even more. Damn them! Pathetic losers!

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
This is crossing the limit
Everyone has bad times, but this is way too much.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Unfortunate actions

Even tho I would never go to such lenghts, I think it is despicable that they are attacking the restaurant of Vieri. Absolutely disgusted I am.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
If Vieri was not going to leave at the end of the season then this may just encourage him to leave. But, it should be noted that the message in the note was directed to the whole team and not just Vieri.

Reminds me of the times under Tardelli when Inter supporters ambushed the team bus and also threw molotov cocktails on that occassion.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Senna01 said:
But, it should be noted that the message in the note was directed to the whole team and not just Vieri.
if it was directed to the whole team then they should attacked all the players. and not just one. if someone is going to do something this stupid, they might as well do it for every player. it wasn't just vieri that lost the game.

how can you be certain that the message was not only towards vieri? unless you wrote it, i don't see how you can claim that.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Read Channel 4

The note was clearly towards Vieri. I

¡°Vieri, our patience has come to an end,¡± read the leaflet.

¡°You are not Inter men and do not deserve the support of this city seeing as you and your teammates do not care about the suffering and humiliation poured upon us. Now you will pay.¡±

It's towards everyone but especially Vieri. People protested Vieri up in the stands before, so its no surprise. ANy team treated me like this and I was a superstar, I would jet the team ASAP and get out of the country. No sport is worth risking your life for and not team is worth playing for that treats you like this. I would even consider going to cricket. Cricket is waht Vieri enjoys and maybe he could have a nice time Down Under in Aussieland playing some nice cricket in the sun.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Not all Inter the players own businesses that are easy to target. And as for Vieri playing Cricket, it is a little too late for him and he would never make the grade. Australia already has an abundance of great cricketing talent.

·
Registered
780 Posts
There are many things to target other than businesses. the message really says it all. they specifically say Vieri. ofcourse the rest of the team is going to take notice and that was part of their intention. but i think that was more towards vieri like Pulsar36 suggested.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Roby said:
There are many things to target other than businesses. the message really says it all. they specifically say Vieri. ofcourse the rest of the team is going to take notice and that was part of their intention. but i think that was more towards vieri like Pulsar36 suggested.
Agree...

:(

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Looks like Vieri's relationship with the fans will be even more strained then ever...

It's a shame...that stupid fans went to such lenghts to show their frustration...

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I figured you guys be used to heart aches!:D

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Oh DEAR! Molotov cocktails, OMG! When will this end? Who wants to come to Inter anymore when they know our fans are acting like this? Who wants to stay with the club? This is so stupid! They think they are doing some favour for all Inter fans around the world, but they dont understand that this will hurt us even more. Damn them! Pathetic losers!
This is sick :(
anyway, recognise that Vieri has not been the inspiration he was to be...
I really hope things change. But I've come to think that this could come only with a full cleansing...

...but do not get too depressed, there's still worse....
... just look at Toro... :depress: :depress:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
INTER CONDEMNS VIOLENT EPISODES
Wednesday, 25 February 2004 16:35:25
MILAN - As regards the episodes of violence directed at the commercial activities of several Inter players which took place last night in Milan, F.C. Internazionale states: "They informed us quickly of what happened last night in Milan. These are serious and unspeakable facts, therefore we refuse to consider them the actions of true Inter fans. We regret what has happened and that these gestures were directed at our footballers, for whom we guarantee maximum security."

inter.it

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
“Vieri, our patience has come to an end,” read the leaflet.

“You are not Inter MEN and do not deserve the support of this city seeing as YOU and YOUR TEAMMATES do not care about the suffering and humiliation poured upon us. Now you will pay.”

=========================================

The leaflet targets both Vieri and his teammates. The word "men" connotes many, ie, his teammates. The fact that his restaurant is such an easy target is why the message is to Vieri specifically.

To the person who said there are many things to target other than businesses, what are your suggestions? The players cars at training session? (good possibility you would get caught)

What about the players families and houses? (a bit too serious to go this far)

Quite clearly, the person(s) who did this were looking for an easy target after which they could leave the scene without being caught. Vieri's restaraunt provided them with this opportunity and as a result, their actions will also hit the rest our players.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looks like Vieri's relationship with the fans will be even more strained then ever...

No..its just a couple of idiots taking their frustrations from the derby.....Real Inter fans love Bobo and appreciate his time at Inter...many fans come to the stadium with "we are proud of Vieri" banners........but these hooligans will be caught and will face sweet justice behind bars for their 5 minutes of fame.......these people should be put behind bars forever.....remember when Escobar was shot to death by his own fans in Colombia which we dont want to escalate with Vieri or any other player......

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
of course theyre gonna attack vieri, the clubs stupidity has rubbed off on them. the man scores almost a goal a game and they firebomb his restaurant!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Tell me the last time he scored decisively in a big game

Don't give me that bs anymore. Remember his goals against Valenica? Those were big goals. Remember his 90th equalizer (toldo assist) against juve, that was big goal. He socres and at big times as well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts