Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
42,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wait... we don't have a thread for 2019??? What is this madness???

Anyhow, Federer has the chance to bag his HUNDREDTH CAREER TITLE against Tsitsipas in Dubai... he's done ok for himself.

Kyrgios recently defeated Nadal and Wawrinka in some highly eventful matches. The Mexican crowds got stuck into him, and Rafa too. Shamefully, Stan tried to incite the crowd in an attempt to get on Nick's back...

Physically Nick seems quite fragile as after these couple of matches he seems vulnerable coming into his semi against Isner. Hopefully he's got enough energy left in the tank.

·
Registered
17,499 Posts
First match of the season approaching in my new club. Bit different level than in UK.
Lineup from the opponents consists for example of Dennis van Scheppingen, Tomas Behrendt, Marc-Kevin Göllner while we bring on Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo, Stefan Koubek, Dick Norman, Jörn Renzenbrink and others.

And no, I am not playing first team... ;)

·
Registered
17,499 Posts
Watched Rome today and just had to laugh at Kyrgios who either got disqualified or simply just left, it was and still is a bit unclear to me.

Whatever this shit was, it was simply another of his psychotic episodes. Not even mentioning his latest interview about Nadal and Djokovic (which might hold a lot of truth to it though)...

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Djokovic should seriously take Wimbledon. The young stars thrown on his side of the bracket were eliminated quite early and the rest of the players are not really a threat to him, maybe just Agut. On the other hand, I'm really not sure who will come through the other side. Nadal before the tournament claimed he wasn't 100% but he hasn't been showing any signs of injury so far. Sam Querrey is having another good showing. Federer and Nishikori could potentially face off. Kind of interesting, I guess.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Another 4 set victory for Djokovic over the familiar yet pestering Agut. Federer really had things going his way apart from that 2nd set drop. Nadal didn't come to the net much at all and his first serve went missing after the first set tiebreak. Feels like it has been awhile since a Djokovic-Federer final. Well, I hope it can at least be competitive.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
That second set was crazy in the context of the rest of the game. Complete, extended brainfart from RF.

Incredible competitive spirit and stamina as usual from Nadal, and just great, exciting tennis in the end of the game.

Djokovic is the clear favorite for the final, but Federer looked very strong today in the three sets he won (but crap in the second).

·
Registered
17,499 Posts
A bit weird how Nadal changed his game from the previous rounds. He was getting to the net far more often than in the semi final. Maybe he was scared.

Should be a good final.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Something bittersweet to this semi-final as I feel it could be the last time we see a Federer - Nadal match at Wimbledon. Like it was their swan song. Sure they may face each other in the other Grand Slams, but it just isn't the same. If this happens to be the last at Wimbledon, a fitting end, as at times the tennis was timeless from them both.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts