Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Athletic´s legendary striker Telmo Zarraonandia "Zarra" died today in Bilbao at the age of 85.

To be honest I don´t have many words, even if this could be an expected new due to his age I was extremely shocked today when I heard it. I had a constant flow of images and sensations in my mind, of all the stories I´ve heard and read about him, all the pictures, newspaper articles, all stats, the records, the tribute game that was played few years ago...And most of all, of the huge respect you perceive everytime you pronounce his name in every corner of Bizkaia, and obiously, everywhere where there´s a bit of football 'culture'. His stats, goals, records are there, I suppose someone someday will beat them, but that respect will last forever.

Goian bego Telmo, ta eskerrik asko.

http://www.athletic-club.net/acc/home.asp?a=0&b=50&noticia=4061&idi=1

·
Registered
233 Posts
R.I.P. Zarra

(knoert had je gezien op teletekst? "De aanvaller maakte tussen 1940 en 1955 grote indruk bij Atletico Bilbao" :frustrat: )

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
R.I.P.

One of the greatest Basque players ever.

Enrike said:
(knoert had je gezien op teletekst? "De aanvaller maakte tussen 1940 en 1955 grote indruk bij Atletico Bilbao" :frustrat: )
Yup, ze leren het nooit daar, nog een contrast, ben geen Talpa-fan, maar hiermee scoorden ze wel een pluspuntje:
NOS teletekst: 'Spaanse voetballegende overleden, en zoals jij al zei het bovenstaande...
Talpa teletekst: 'De beste voetballer die Baskenland ooit gekend heeft, Telmo Zarra...

Lijkt wel of de NOS nog 50 jaar terug in de tijd leeft... :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts