Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! My name is Jon Cotterill and I am a football commentator for TV Globo international. We are currently broadcasting the Campeonato Brasileiro to around 150 countries. This weekend, we are going to transmit Portuguesa vs Santos. If your team has a website/blog in English, or if you have any comments about this game, your team, players, etc that you want to share with viewers around the world, please leave a post (preferably in English) at:

http://pitacodogringo.wordpress.com/2008/06/27/campeonato-brasileiro-preview-round-8/

Oi! Meu nome é Jon Cotterill e sou narrador na TV Globo Internacional. Atualmente, nos transmitimos o Campeonato Brasileiro para aproximadamente 150 países. Esse fim de semana vamos transmitir o jogo Portuguesa x Santos. Se seu time tem um site/blog em inglês, ou se você tem alguns comentários sobre esse jogo, seu time, jogadores, etc. que você quer dizer aos telespectadores no mundo, deixa um post (preferencialmente em inglês!) aqui:

http://pitacodogringo.wordpress.com/2008/06/27/campeonato-brasileiro-preview-round-8/

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I will try to be gentle

The site is very superficial, does not tell us anything we do not know, and anybody who will read this will have a very misguided opinion about the Brasileirao

Pitaco do ******, really

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try to be gentle

The site is very superficial, does not tell us anything we do not know, and anybody who will read this will have a very misguided opinion about the Brasileirao

Pitaco do ******, really

Hi Luz13
the blog is aimed at our non Brazilian viewers. there aren't that many English language blogs/sites on Brazilian football and my blog is there to help fill the gap. But as a blog, it cannot cover everything single minutiae of the Brasileiro or Brazilian football.

the idea of my recent post in this forum was to encourage Brazilians (preferably) to write something about their team or their thoughts on the game or to let my readers know of an English-language site/blog/forum that they may find interesting.

by its very nature, a blog is the opinion of the writer. if you think my ideas are misguiding my readers, that's fair enough (though of course i disagree haha) and i would welcome your thoughts.

there are some things i cover in a 'superficial' way; ie the match reports. but articles such as my 'guide to the Campeonato Brasileiro' of 'reasons to hate the Copa do Brasil' are more analytical and are in no way superficial.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
tell them that the most popular english club in brazil is derby county

·
Hexacampeão
1,462 Posts
You could show some more Flamengo games :D There's been times where I had to watch a classico on PFC while GI showed some meaningless game.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
OK, maybe i overreacted

but i understood that you are no normal blogger but a professional that gets salary for the things you writes, so one can expect more, we here in xtratime are just fans that write what they know or do not know, and nobody pays them for the troubble. That is the difference

Or maybe I am just disappointed about what you wrote of Cruzeiro, you did not even mentioned the dream team that was Cruzeiro 2003, they score more than 100 goals!! they were just wonderful, even more than you SP of last 2 years.
About Gremio, they came back from Serie B and just in the first year of returning to serie a they were 3rd, and Lucas won the golden ball as the best brasilian player of 2006, and he was only 19!! the youngest ever to gain this prize. So, if you said that nobody has heard of him (when you menioned the great deals, Pato, etc)...
that is not reprochable if you write a private blog. in my blogs i write only of the players and the teams i love, nothing more. ( and love is blind they say) But as you are a rofessional reporter, that is another thing
You have the opportunity to look not only at google , vikipedia etc, you have all the resources that we can only dream of. So we are expecing to hear somne inside information from you, not vice versa.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
It is nice, as there are so few sites in English about the Brazilian League... some people often make threads here asking for sites in English about our league and we can't recall any...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually, i don't get paid for this blog (unfortunately!!). this is something extra i do and it's got nothing to do with Globo (although i can use their images etc without fear of being taken to court!) so it is in effect, a private blog.
when i started it, i thought the blog would be a good idea - now i'm not so sure! haha
by the way, i'm more of a commentator (narrador) than a journalist and while it's true i can talk to the Globo and Sportv staff, i rely on the same sources as you (Gazetta, Placar, Futebol Interior, Globoesporte etc) for my info.
i knew the things you mentioned about Grêmio and Cruzeiro but i'm not quite sure when i was supposed to use that info in my blog.
and, though i'm based in SP, i have absolutely no bias towards any of the teams here. if you read some of the old posts, you'll have no problem seeing that i don't particularly like Muricy Ramalho's generally negative style.
anyway Luz, i appreciate your comments and will endeavour to improve my blog. let me know which sites you write for and i will leave a witty and amusing comment embellished with a touch of British humour haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mengão86;6474637 said:
You could show some more Flamengo games :D There's been times where I had to watch a classico on PFC while GI showed some meaningless game.
Fala Mengão!

we've got some Fla games coming up - next week vs Náutico. and i've asked to show the Cuzeiro vs Fla match (at the moment it's SP vs Vasco!!) - also we've got your boys against APR

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is nice, as there are so few sites in English about the Brazilian League... some people often make threads here asking for sites in English about our league and we can't recall any...
there is another site: http://brazil.theoffside.com/

it's written by a Brazilian - his English is a bit dodgy at times but his heart is in the right place - and as i've used his site to publicise mine on numerous occasions, i think it's only fair that i should give him some publicity haha

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Thank you for your suggestions

i write mainly here, and very rarely on the TIA, but only where the Brazilians are concerned. If you see a thread here which has 16,000 visits, you may notice that the English humor does not spare me..
I used to write in one of the best Israeli football forums, manaing the Brazilian football section, I wrote there daily but this year i neglected them somehow , because i have 4 blogs now and it takes me a long time to update them every day. beside familiar obligations

The blogs are not in English

·
Hexacampeão
1,462 Posts
I had a blog about the Brasileirao in English as well, but I haven't had time to upkeep it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts