Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad rasied a god point on this, I wanted to know your opinion. Since it is no secret now that everyone is talking about instant-replay, conruption etc etc. So I thought what would you think about having like in tennis a "in/out" censor? So basically when the ball goes out, it would make a noise to indicate to the linesman. I know this sounds stupid that it's not that hard to indicate, but after the Spain-Korea match, I really thought it could become nessacary.

Please give my your opinion.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Sure, we need sensor or censor to judge something since human being is just human being. :D :D

I hate the saying of soccer need fault and argue to make the game more amusing, it's all bu11sh1t:devil: :devil: If the saying is correct, it's the shame of soccer itself.:fero:

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Well that still wouldn't make a difference. Your Spanish, look at the game, that goal that was called back because the side line official said it was out, when it was clearly in. This was even confirmed by U.S.A commentators. And no offense to the U.S.A commentators.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I was wondering about that one too. The reason they put up the motion sensor in tennis was because it helped the linesmen.

It can be done. But it prolly work when the ball is still on the ground, but not when the ball is in the air and the linesmen might judge it was out (maybe that's what the linesman saw in the Spain-Korea game).

Of course, there was also the case of all those technology craps like differentiating between the ball and the foot of a person, differentiating between the weight, who knows maybe it was actually bounced hard and the sensor might think it was the foot not the ball, and not to mention the real-time effect, how fast the sensor can get to the referee when the ref notice the outside ball. And the safety of the players are involved too.

ciao!

·
Registered
518 Posts
River said:

It can be done. But it prolly work when the ball is still on the ground, but not when the ball is in the air and the linesmen might judge it was out (maybe that's what the linesman saw in the Spain-Korea game).

ciao!
We can serve them a CAGE :D :D :D :D

I mean a infrared cage or something else.:tongue: :tongue:

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
River said:
I was wondering about that one too. The reason they put up the motion sensor in tennis was because it helped the linesmen.

Of course, there was also the case of all those technology craps like differentiating between the ball and the foot of a person, differentiating between the weight, who knows maybe it was actually bounced hard and the sensor might think it was the foot not the ball, and not to mention the real-time effect, how fast the sensor can get to the referee when the ref notice the outside ball. And the safety of the players are involved too.

ciao!
Actually, I think it can be done.

There can be a device in the ball which the sensor can detect. Lets say if that device is one radius of the ball on the wrong side of the line then its out.

But you'll always have coaches and players complaining about sensors not working and demanding the referee check it ;) ..

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
A device such as you describe would increase the weight of the ball and also may be broken easily by either contact or velocity.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Soccer Star said:
A device such as you describe would increase the weight of the ball and also may be broken easily by either contact or velocity.
Thats if Lego make the sensor.

Of course there are high tech products that already exist and can take this kind of "pressure" and arent heavy at all.. Its a small pin that can be put in the core.

If we can make a ball that can take this kind of pressure without changing its shape, dont you think we can make this ?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Sabry said:

Actually, I think it can be done.

There can be a device in the ball which the sensor can detect. Lets say if that device is one radius of the ball on the wrong side of the line then its out.

But you'll always have coaches and players complaining about sensors not working and demanding the referee check it ;) ..
Oh yea. It can be done like you said, if it's light enough like the thread, a sensor detection thread sewn into the ball (wonder how much it will cost??)and together with the sensor in the field, we can safely check whether it's off the line or not.

then again, regarding the coaches and players arguement, they would say they were the victim of 0.001% error (since it's supposedly to be 99.999% accurate) of the highly advanced technology etc etc and everybody will argue about it all over again.

Sure, why not put the sensor everywhere on the field. Or even a camera! So if there's a tackling/dive happened, we can see from below the field what really happen, ya know, to check if there's a contact etc etc. The conventional camera we have now can alter our view depending on the angle we used.

But at the same time, we don't want the game to get interrupted for too long. That, we must consider too.

ciao!

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I still believe this will change the way the game would have to be played. The pace of the game would be one immeidate effect.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
The arguement that Fifa uses constantly to discredit the use of these technological devices is absurd. The technology exists and the delay of the game would be only minimum. I think it's a more than fair payoff when your getting 99.9 accuracy. I've heard that there even exists the ability for ref's to have a palm pilot that can have T.V replay's instantly downloaded to their palm pilot, so that they could make almost split second decisions, based on the replay on difficult decisions. I think that if Fifa was to implement any of this, the view on "the referee has the last word and cannot change his decision" would have to change. Just like in Hockey, even if a goal goes in, it can be disallowed after the referee has awarded it, if they find from the T.V replay that the goalie was interfered with. The same should happen for football. If a player for example, scores a goal and is ruled to be offside, and than after the ref reviews the replay, sees that he was onside, the ref should be able to award the goal, even though his initial decision might have been the opposite. I've also heard that in terms of microship sensors, they can even be implanted into the shoes of each player. So, you can track each and every player on the team and know if they are offside or not. So, please Fifa enough excuses! Time to change your ways!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts