Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..what's your favourite team composed of former Red Star or in a few cases P-zan players from this last decade (94-04)? So indeed no golden generation for CZ.

I was actually inspired by Milenko's comment (must be a full moon :D) in the other thread about the strikeforce Pakistan could have had over these last couple of years.

Now we've seen a lot of players leave during this last decade, the main reason of course being money but when I get to think of what could have been if only we'd have been able to keep our most talented players. :eek:

Here's mine (4-4-2)

GK Zvonko Milojevic (my favourite RS goalie over these last few years, not a brilliant keeper but nevertheless solid)
DR Zoran Njegus (although he played as DM most of the time, this is his spot in my team, a fighter and I'll never forget that shot against Kaiserlautern)
DL Bratislav Zivkovic (very versatile fullback/winger who scored one beautiful lob in Nou Camp I won't forget anytime soon)
DC Nemanja Vidic (so young but already established as arguably the teams most talented defensive prospect over this last decade)
DC Goran Djorovic (a rock solid centre back in a time when Serbia had very few good defenders, bar Djukic)
MR Rambo Petkovic (looking back, the potential this guy had, has to be the absolute top, came to Red Star from Radnicki Nis to dominate our midfield with amazing skills)
ML Perica Ognjenovic (slick as a mofo, superb technique and a great shot, if only his mentality was half as good)
DMC Goran Bunjevcevic (our former captain and a late bloomer but with great vision and a great long balls)
AMC Dejan Stankovic (watching him in that famous match against Kaiserslautern I knew he was destined for big things, Jedan je Stankovic Dejan!)
FC Goran Drulic (once called "the Vieri of the Balkans" and in form and injuryfree one hell of a striker, I still say he's among the best in Europe if only lady luck will stay on his side for once)
FC Darko Kovacevic (need I explain? Darko's been one of Europe's most prolific strikers over this last decade, impressive career)

Plenty of other players crossed my mind while making this line up but this is it, I'm curious to see your line ups, even if it's Pakistans. ;)

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Drulo said:
..what's your favourite team composed of former Red Star or in a few cases P-zan players from this last decade (94-04)?
In the span of those 10 years PFC were champs 6 times compared to the proud 'n' brave, TV Pink-Ceca-Zdravko Colic, aka Grand Prod. representatives winning three titles..;)

My best team in those 10 years ? Probably this year's Partizan team, being that its the only one that made Europe's biggest stage in those years you mentioned ;)

-----------------------------Kralj--------------
----Cirkovic---West----Stojanoski--Djordjevic---Malbasa
-----------------------Duljaj---Nadj-----------
-------------------------------Ilic-------
------------------Delibasic--------Iliev

:)

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Glad to know i inspire so many ppl here:)

My team:
------------------------------Kralj lol-------------------------------
Cirkovic----------Mirkovic-----------West---------------Krstajic
------------------------------Duljaj----------------------------------
---------------------Ilic-----------------Ivic--------------------------
-------------------------------Vukic-----------------------------------
-------------------Kezman--------------Milosevic-------------------

Well i picked Ivica mainly because we had no other and he was decent.....
Cirkovic i like as the right back as he is fast and probably one of the better ones we've had
Bata-there is no need to explain
West-well he was our best player in the CL
Krstajic- i like that this guy goes out and plays his arse of every night. great DEF even for national team
Duljaj-same as Malbasa
Ilic-Ivic-Vukic- UNSTOPPABLE TRIO when all are healthy
Kezman-a goal scoring machine especially with good passers like Sale and Vlada
Savo-Well what do i really need to say except for goals goals and more goals

On my Bench i'd have
Delibasic
Lazovic
Rasovic
Rzasa
PANTIC
Malbasa

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Milenko said:

On my Bench i'd have
PANTIC
Have you ever seen Pantic play ? In his prime ? When he was with Atletico and playing in the Champions Leauge, the guy was pretty much one of the best midfielders around...the guy would smoke any one of those chokers you have in your lineup (Ilic, etc.).

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually think he meant the goalkeeper :howler: cause as far as I know Milinko Pantic never actually played for P-zan.

But Pantic was one hell of a player, already in his 30's when Antic got him. He scored over 10 free kicks that season and was a vital part of that double winning team they had back then. I heard he got a statute in their museum, don't know if it's true though.

oh and PV your middle name must be creativity! :tongue:

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mihajlovic said:
He actually played there for 6 years.
My bad bro, I just know he played in Greece before he got signed at Atletico.

But I still say Mile meant the goalkeeper! :tongue:

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I'm too depressed to even think about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts