Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jordi Cruyff and Teddy Sheringham, though, are reportedly set to leave Old Trafford.

Sheringham is a target for Greek club Panathinaikos, while Cruyff could join Spurs

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
To be honest, I think you are all underestimating Cruyff. Just look at the stats - he's played six games this year and scored 3 goals. That's even better then Cole or Yorke!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe he should join Real Madrid, and score 3 goals in 6 games. That's about the same stats as of Anelka this season isn't it?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Jordi made the right choice, since manure isn't going to use him because he is a better character player, he should go somewhere else where he is respected.

But I don't want teddy to leave manure, i think he should retire in manure, besides, i don't want to hate spurs.

[This message has been edited by Lawrencio (edited 05-05-2000).]

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Its not that sure that Sheringham will leave
He sad for a time ago that he likes Man Utd and rather play the last quarter then a whole game for a less good club.
But if he will leave maybe the swedish first division team Djurgarden wants him
He played a half year for them about ten years ago
What do u think ?

·
Darth Maul
601 Posts
Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted that he has already looked at the possibility of extending 34 year old Teddy Sheringham's contract.
Sheringham was set to quit Old Trafford last summer, but signed a new one year extension which takes him to the summer of 2001. It was a decision that has paid massive dividends for United as the player has found a rich vein of form this season that has seen Sheringham score five Premiership goals and earn an international recall, and it has now emerged that United are already considering offering the England striker a new deal.
Ferguson told the People: "I'd definitely want to look at the possibility of Teddy staying on here.
"He'll be 35 in March, but I don't necessarily see this as his last season with us.
"There are two key factors about Teddy's form this season. One, he's always looked after himself and never carried any meat on him so there's no discernible sign of him deteriorating physically.
"Signing a new deal with us was the second point, knowing we wanted him to stay encouraged him and he came back for pre-season with a real freshness. He maybe thought when we went for Ruud van Nistelrooy that we were going to let him move on.
"But when I did speak to him and told him we wanted him to stay that gave him a boost and his response has been great.
"He brings an order to the game, he drops into space and he's got a lovely action - a smooth calmness to the way he plays.
"He's never needed speed to play, he's always had to depend on his ability. Teddy brings that order to us when some of our young players are flying about.''
Sheringham's only hiccup in recent weeks, believes Fergie, was the timing of his recall to the England side.
He added: "Teddy deserved to be chosen but I think if he'd had a choice he wouldn't have chosen the Finland match.
"Confidence wasn't good with everything that had happened and the match was played in difficult circumstances. But Teddy still has plenty to offer."

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Teddy Sheringham will become the first Englishman for seven years to be awarded the Football Writers' Footballer of the Year Award when the prize is announced on Friday, Sportal can reveal.

The Manchester United striker, still enjoying the most Indian of Indian summers at 35, also becomes the oldest player since Sir Stanley Matthews to collect the writers' gong to be announced later today.

In an era dominated by Premiership imports, the award will be especially sweet for the former Tottenham Hotspur player as he beats off stiff competition from Arsenal's Patrick Vieira, team-mate Fabien Barthez and Liverpool's Emile Heskey.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
deserved it too - played well good at the start of the season played like he could go on for years

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
He didn't sit in the bench for all the season, he's a great player who deserved that award. He's my supersub.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Heh Lineker get your facts straight mate. If you honestly think he was on the bench all season then you have absolutely no idea what you are on about. And his sudden resurge in form is something that most football fans would be impressed about. Think about it dude...if he was sitting on the bench all season then how could he week-in and week-out be on the top goal scorers list with the likes of JFH and Viduka? Seriously get your facts straight and think before you open your mouth and start critising without any foundation.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
With all do respect to Teddy boy, i`ve seen better players this season. it`s true he had amazing first part of the season, but he did NOTHING at the 2nd one.

that prize is a lame joke, and a great insult to the EPL :(

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Manchester United forward Teddy Sheringham is set to be unveiled as a Tottenham Hotspur player.

Spurs have called a press conference for Saturday afternoon, where it is anticipated they will announce that the 35-year-old has rejoined the club he left in 1997.

In his first spell at White Hart Lane, Sheringham hit 76 League goals in 163 starts. He will be manager Glenn Hoddle's first buy and is expected to sign a two-year deal.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah, it's been confirmed today - Sheri has returned to Spurs. I am sorry to see him leave, even though I didn't like him when he came to United, but he managed to win a place in my heart with his performances in the following seasons.

Still, we've got Ruud now, hopefully he will fit in even better than Sheri (after an adaptation period, of course)... And besides, it was a logical step for Teddy, considering he would hardly get a game at United with other four strikers battling for the two spots and him not being a first choice partly due to his age... All the best, Sheri!

And by the way, how come this forum is almost dead (compared to e.g. Inter forum)?

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Yep it's been confirmed.Here's some more info:

Tottenham Hotspur have completed the free transfer signing of Teddy Sheringham from Manchester United.

The 35-year-old has signed a two-year contract at White Hart Lane. Manchester United only offered him a one-year deal, which Sheringham elected to reject in favour of a return to the club he left in 1997.

Sheringham revealed that United manager Alex Ferguson had made a last-gasp effort to persuade him to stay in Manchester.

"Alex tried to persuade me to stay in the last week. It was a tough decision," he said.

"He (Ferguson) was the first man I spoke to when I had made my decision.

"I have a lot of respect for the man. He was a bit disappointed but he understood the position."

In his first spell at White Hart Lane, Sheringham hit 76 League goals in 163 starts.

Sheringham is Spurs manager Glenn Hoddle's first buy since returning to Spurs, although Red Star Belgrade midfielder Goran Bunjevcevic is also expected to sign soon.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
danny youre a ******** mate...

do u ever stop saying stupid things :D

we Won the english premier league. AGAIN! for the 7th time in 9 seasons!

I would rather win the League title which is played over 38 games on 38 seperate occasions than any cup and Liverpool would tradde all 3 cups in for 1 Premier laegue title.

It is what every club wants to win. Any club in the world knows that the true testament is to win your leage 1st.

and for the biggest clubs winning a league in Seria A, La Liga and EPL is the toughest thing to do.

·
Registered
662 Posts
That's true...but I guess with the Champions League that is right up there with the domestic league. But then again you have to be good enough in your domestic league in the first place to qualify.

*sigh* the biased, pathetic and overly subjective opinions that sometimes get flown around here is incredible. Most other fans are totally right about their views on United (sqaud needing freshing up or Beckhams **** fashion sense) but the minority really just seem to post here to create tension. Which is a pity cos they're only putting down themselves NOT United as a club or its fanbase. Hardly ever do the United fans in this forum fight back as subjectively as some people that come here. Oh well guess I'm talking to a brick wall...think we've said this like a million times eh Beech? :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think the reason it's dead around here is because losing builds character and Man U haven't done a lot of losing lately and all of your fans have nothing to say. Basically they're dull. Which would you rather have?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts