Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was going offline when I read a beautiful piece:

Former Toro players want to re-build the Filadelfia stadium. Among the ppl in top, Roberto Rosato (the Killer Angel!!) and Rosario "Serino" Rampanti.

I sincerely hope they're not going to profit from this proyect as others did. If they do... gosh, no, not again. We're tired of delusion and proyects, but I really feel as if the construction has started. I really feel full of happiness. If they're returning to group around the Fila goalposts... it has a meaning for ppl as us, always victims of treason from our own beniamini.

I never saw Fila, but to me, it's the only stone we can build future over.

All you need is love, is love... love is all you need!
I do believe... even if I shouldn't. Good luck, Serino, Killer! You deserve it. And thank you for grouping around that goalpost, to at least try to defend our net from the most tearful goal against: that of oblivion.

Edit: Among the names on the ex players association there is Gallea, player of the 1940's, Giorgio Puia (60's) Paolo "Puliciclone" Pulici :star: :star:, Claudio "Poet" Sala, Nello Santin (70's)

But also Antonio Comi, Silvano Benedetti, who currently work for Toro :lazy:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Hail to the idea of these guys but while supporting Toro I've learnt how not to celebrate too soon and that "it's not over until the fat lady sings". That's why I will wait and hope that this try won't end like many enthusiastic projects before.

Until than here are some photos from the "Heroes without a Temple" calendar which shows photomontages of the Superga legends between the ruins of something that used to be Stadio Filadelfia.

:frownani: :frownani: :frownani:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I say, Emil. the more you know, the more you doubt.

But I WANT TO BELIEVE :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Filadelfia as in Greek ;) The Campo Torino has hosted Italian games since 1916.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let's keep the hope up, last time I ask for it.
Don't surrender yet

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Beautiful and Damned, so we are...

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Many little Bulls ought to grow THERE!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
"The two clubs now share the Delle Alpi which was built for the 1990 FIFA World Cup, with their previous homes, Juventus's Comunale stadium and Torino's Filadelfia stadium, situated on the opposite side of the city. Torino fans now make the Curva Maratona their home, with diehards of Juventus to be found in the Curva Scirea. Spectacular as the Delle Alpi is, both clubs have talked repeatedly about moving into a new stadium of their own, with Juventus's latest plan to build a stadium next to the existing structure. From an architectural point of view, the 'stadium of the Alps' is as eye-catching as any in the world, but it remains unloved by Juventus and Torino fans, primarily because its design, which includes a running track, decreases the atmosphere and views in the ground. However, the stadium has hosted some memorable matches, none more so than the 1990 World Cup semi-final when Germany overcame England on penalty kicks. "

i want someone to explain with the word in bold ,please

1 - 20 of 22 Posts