Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brazil veteran Romario broke down in tears during a plea on national television to coach Luiz Felipe Scolari to pick him for the World Cup. "I want to apologise if I made any mistakes with the coach or with any of the players," wailed the Vasco star.

Romario cried for several minutes in front of the cameras before recovering his composure at a press conference he had called to announce his future plans.

"It is very important I thank the Brazilian people so much for the affection they have shown to me. Sometimes it is even scary, but it means so much.

"I want to go to this World Cup not for the money, I don't want to get another contract, but it is for my love for football," he added.

Romario has been at loggerheads with Scolari for months over his non-inclusion in Brazil squads, and he knows the Portugal friendly on April 17 is probably his last chance to make his last World Cup.

Scolari will name his Brazil-based players for the Portugal trip next week.

"I know that I am probably out of the group formed by Scolari, but while I have any hope, I will fight with all my forces," added Romario.

"Once again, I want to say I am sorry to any of the players for any mistakes I have made. But I am a human being, I'm not a bad person."

Romario also dismissed rumours that a personal plea to CBF president Ricardo Teixeira had guaranteed him a place for the trip to Japan and South Korea.

"I was promised nothing. If come May 6 I am not in the squad, I will support Brazil with all my heart," he said.

For some reason, I think this will mark the return of the re-call for Baixinho, Romario! :star:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Romario will make it guys, I feel it in my gut now! :)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
What is this about Romario crying?, in WC 98 when he was sent home, he cried too, he should start acting like a grown man, and stop behaving like a little boy, anyway, if Felipao doesn+t win the Cup(very likely), Brazilians will fry his asss.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I couldn't belive he would do this at this time.at least he could have waited till next week when the list of player comes out.This is like begging.But I am sure he did what he thought was right.
It shows how desperate he is to serve his country at what he does best.

SZeppelin75 said:
if Felipao doesn+t win the Cup(very likely),
And the Argies will?give me a f**king break.So far 2 ties and lots of crap.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
SZeppelin75, if you don't know why romario is crying, you don't know anything about beautiful football!

romario is crying because he LOVES to play football and represent his country. if a doctor told romario that playing one more game for brazil would kill him, romario would still want to play. and it's a real shame that felipao and the players he is choosing don't love brazil the same way. the players who are playing now are shameful to brazil. they don't care about brazil or brazilian people or brazil's great history of beautiful football; they only care about playing for brazil so they can show off their nike shoes or sign big contracts in europe.

it made me so sad to read that romario was crying. it should be felipao who is crying for picking these stupid brazil teams that are lucky to win 1x0 at home with their boring sytle.

50 years from now, the poor people of brazil will smile when they remember the wonderful goals romario scored for them. but they will cry when they think of the shameful way felipao managed the team.

i have one question for felipao: which brazilian striker right now is better at scoring than romario? if felipao can find a striker better than romario, then he can leave romario out. but the fact is: THERE IS NO BRAZILIAN STRIKER BETTER THAN ROMARIO.

sack felipao right now!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
falcao said:

50 years from now, the poor people of brazil will smile when they remember the wonderful goals romario scored for them. but they will cry when they think of the shameful way felipao managed the team.

falcao,
Words of wisdom!;)

Zeppelin,
That is called love for your conutry and for football. If your players don't cry, it's not our problem!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
SZeppelin75 said:
What is this about Romario crying?, in WC 98 when he was sent home, he cried too, he should start acting like a grown man, and stop behaving like a little boy, anyway, if Felipao doesn+t win the Cup(very likely), Brazilians will fry his asss.
He cried because he was injured and couldn`t play and help his country. With him in the team Brazil would have won the WC98. I don`t know where you`re from, but don`t take out your own countrys lack of great footballers on others. Romàrio is acting like a grown up man since it`s only real men who cries!:stuckup:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Falcao,

Very well expressed. I hate what has happened to futebol in recent years. The emphasis has moved away from the beautiful displays of skill. For me it is so sad to see amazing Brazil in control of a man like Scolari. How can this guy not want Romario?

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Romario is looking like he will make the team after that thing, It must touch the heart of Felipao! I don't know but i just think Felipao will wake up now, I just have a feeling! :)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I think there are ways to cry and there are ways to cry, calling a press conference to cry, so he can touch people's emotions, i think is manipulation, i'm sorry to say this and you may hate me, if you cry, after you lose a game in the WC semi finals or finals, i think that´s o.k. but begging and crying. c'mon, Romario is the greatest brazilian striker of all times, no question, but he's trying to manipulate the people, and Felipao won't fall for that, i think the whole thing with the press pressuring Felipao to call Romario, was just wost for Romario...

anyway, Ronaldo as a starter is just a mistake, after a couple of games, Felipao will realiza his mistake and put anothe striker in his place, and he will wish he would have called Romario...too little too late.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Come on....

Guys,

It's important that, in our zeal to support Romario, we not disrespect the other players.

An earlier post suggested that only Romario loves playing for his country. That's a lot of crap. What proof do you have? A lot of these guys have worked very hard to get us in the WC. The turmoil the team has gone through has not helped them at all. But they've made it. In the qualifiers, Rivaldo did not play as well as we know he can, but let's all admit that we would not be heading to Asia if not for his efforts. Can you guys remember those 1-1 or 1-0 games we've won because of some last gasp efforts from defenders like Roque Junior or A. Carlos. Yeah Romario scored seven goals for us but were we really going to lose at home to Bolivia or away to Venezuela?

I hope Romario makes the squad. I think he has realized that his off-the-field antics are what may have blown his chances. That's what, I think, made him cry recently at the press conference.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Billi,
Why doesn't Rivaldo have the PORTUGUESE language in his website??? And why does he always say that Barcelona first , BRazil second......that guy is a joke!:confused:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
So when Barzil`s president gives his support to Romàrio, it`s in reality Romàrio who has manipulated him? Don`t make me laugh.

I saw the pressconferance and I didn`t see anything which would be close to any manipulation.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Romário should play for Brasil in the World Cup for one very simple reason: he is Romário. There is no other justification required.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts