Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which teams would you bank on being a force for years to come. Dont say players like Sendros and Bable. Only proven young players at the top level.

Personally I think Manchester United future is looking rather Rosy. whilst the are going to lose some decent players in Keane, Scholes etc. Rio is still very young for a center back whilst Rooney and Ronaldo are going to be class acts for several years to come.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Easy question... I think Chelsea of Abramovich have the brightest future, no one can compete with them in the transfer market. As long as Abarmovich stay they will be the greatest force in club football.

Apart from Chelsea, i think Barca have great young talents but they will need bigger squad to make it also in Europe.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Green said:
Easy question... I think Chelsea of Abramovich have the brightest future, no one can compete with them in the transfer market. As long as Abarmovich stay they will be the greatest force in club football.

Apart from Chelsea, i think Barca have great young talents but they will need bigger squad to make it also in Europe.
And Chelsea have alos bought young.

Terry, Robben, Duff, Cole, Carvalho, Drogba etc. have there best years ahead of them.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
bah, stuff Chel$ki. A bunch of mercenaries and a dodgy president who really couldn't give a to$$ about the club is never really a huge guarantee for the future.

I hope Abramovich ups and takes all their players to CSKA Moscow or Corinthians or something.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Barca. The core of players are all pretty young and will only get better.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Obviously this "which team has the brightest future" talk is very subjective, and bias does come into it. So all I'll say that based on the ages below, Barca has a 'very bright' future.

Valdes - 23
Marquez - 26
Puyol - 27
Oleguer - 25
Xavi - 25
Gerard - 26
Navarro - 22
Motta - 22
Iniesta -20
Eto'o - 24
Ronaldinho - 25
Maxi - 21

All in all, theres only one player at Barca over 30 (Larsson).

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
vinsea said:
Khimik and Jern will rush in and say Arsenal.

But have to admit, they have pretty decent young lads.
Well, erm, you see, when you have a bunch of talented youngsters, we do tend to kind of a bright future :rollani: :

Fabregas - 17
Lupoli - 17
Quincy - 18
van Persie - 21
Senderos - 20
Eboue - 20
Clichy - 19(20)
Flamini - 20
Smith - 18
Bentley - 20

I can't wait for 2008/09. :jester:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I forgot Fabrice Muamba, a young DM we've got coming through. He's rated by Brady as a "next Vieira", whatever that's worth though.

Hopefully Ryan Garry gets over his shin splits, he was quite highly rated two seasons ago but since he's been injured.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Is it fair to assume that every single one of the Arsenal players mentioned other than the British sounding ones; Bentley, Smith and Garry (Bentley has done nothing and the other 2 are unheard of) may be good prospects but are all pilfered from somewhere else :stuckup: :D

If so I'd say you can keep your mercenaries, but unfortunately for Wenger they'll probably just walk out on Arsenal too.

Some of Roma's younger players outside of Mexes, Cassano and Chivu include;

De Rossi - 21
Aquilani - 20
Curci -19
Simonetta - 18
Cerci - 17
Bovo - 21
Briotti - 18
Virga - 18

i'd gladly take them over Arsenal's and they're all born Romans too :proud: ;)

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Vagabondo said:
Is it fair to assume that every single one of the Arsenal players mentioned other than the British sounding ones; Bentley, Smith and Garry (Bentley has done nothing and the other 2 are unheard of) may be good prospects but are all pilfered from somewhere else :stuckup: :D
Toure - 23 - came to us three years ago on trial
Cole - 24 - youth team
Reyes - 21 - bought from Sevilla
Aliadiere - 22 - came to us from Clairefontaine
Fabregas - 17 - nothing else needs to be said other than it'll fan fires.
Lupoli - 17 - nothing else needs to be said other than it'll fan fires.
Quincy - 18 - came to us after Ajax cut him ;)
van Persie - 21 - bought from Feyenoord
Senderos - 20 - bought from Servette
Eboue - 20 - bought from Beveren (feeder club)
Clichy - 19(20) - bought from Cannes (French third division club)
Flamini - 20 - bought from Marseille
Smith - 18 - youth team
Bentley - 20 - youth team
Garry - N/A - youth team
Muamba - 18 - born in London ;), youth team

Not really "pilfered", the only two brought in an unethical manner were Lupoli and Fabregas, maybe Flamini but that was his decision.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
It's a sticky rule but, hey, we didn't force either of them to come here. They just chose us over their previous clubs 'cos we're awesome :shades: :proud:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
righto, Parma don't have two euros to rub together and Arsenal offered Lupoli a living. A lot of people out here sponge off Centrelink too, but I still doubt that most of them think our Government is "awesome" ;)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts