741 - 760 of 764 Posts

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Thank you for your kind words.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Hopefully de Ligt passes his medical and is officially signed, would be an amazing starting 11 if no one else is sold/loaned out (B team won't be bad either, really good time to be Bianconeri)

·
Registered
46,154 Posts
InSmart from Adidas. They had old second kits of Bayern in their stores, changed the logo and voilà.
The first kit is some sort of (palio di) Siena with a touch of Palermo. Yeah, identity matters.

·
Administrator
52,912 Posts
Yeah Adidas are insanely lazy with their design. Not only the abomination of home shirt, but this 2nd looks like a training shirt for Bayeen.

But atleast it looks good in its simplicity, even if it has little to do with Juve (red and white?).

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Mndzukic, Emre Can, Chiellini all out of Juve's CL squad

·
Administrator
52,912 Posts
Emre Can makes sense, two new signings in Ramsey-Rabiot and current starters in Khedira and Matuidi. Cant compete with either in Sarris eyes prolly. So his main competition to be ommitted was Bentancur. He has played even less then Can so far, but Can was terrible in his sub appearance and clumsy in possession to fit this passing style. Matuidi doesnt either but atleast he pressures and win backs the ball alot.

Mandzukic should prolly accepted to leave, this is not Allegri team anymore, cant think of a less Sarri type of player then him.

·
Registered
17,518 Posts
You would think Emre Can could have made it ahead of Khedira and Matuidi.

Must be devastating for him, if Sarri already saw he wasn't in his plans, why didn't we do more to sell him during the summer mercato?

I just think there seems to be a lack of coordination between the management and the coach.

Reactions: Paris

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Generally a tough year to get rid of unwanted players it seems. I mean surely they knew they didn’t want Can and Mandzu and tried to get rid of them, no?

As you know I rate Can and just his versatilty makes him a good guy to have in a cup squad, but actually Mandzukic is someone I’d always want in my squad. Similar reasons, and he’s got big-game winning goals in him. And he’s basically the ideal vice-Cristiano Ronaldo.

But yeah neither really seem to fit Sarriball very well, and you obviously just had too many players.

·
Registered
17,518 Posts
I get it, but it's very disrespectful to these players. Emre Can is an international, you can bet that if he knew that he would be left off the CL squad he'd have done more to facilitate a transfer elsewhere.

Mandzukic has served our club very well, he doesn't deserve this dishonour even if i understand Sarri had to make his decisions based on who best fit his style of football.

But if they knew who the 22 would be, they should have convinced these guys to move elsewhere during the summer.

It just seems like not enough thought was put into this, for both of these guys not to play the CL at their respective stages in their careers, it's devastating.

I've not been impressed with Paratici so far.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
You're right. Emre Can also recently said that he was promised to be included in the CL squad only last week.

Regardless of the lack of respect, though, it seems like a poor use of your resources. It's crazy to sign experienced internationals and pay them massive salaries and then exclude them from the squad in the competition you're most interested. I mean I'd guess those two are probably among your top 10 earners? Also probably one of the reasons it wasn't easy to get rid of them.

·
Registered
17,518 Posts
It's also why this idea of signing players on the Bosman is some kind of cheat code is false.

If they end up becoming surplus to requirements, then they become very difficult to offload.

Sure, you're saving a fortune on fees but you're also spending a fortune on their salaries.

741 - 760 of 764 Posts