Xtratime Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team of the Season

With the season practically over, (just) one national and one international final to be played, I think it's fair to say a 'dream eleven' could be made with players from the various Dutch squads.

Anyway, here's mine:

-----------------------------Waterreus (PSV)--------------------------------

Bogelund(PSV)--Stefanovic(Vitesse) --Chivu(Ajax)--Edman(H'veen)

Van Bommel(PSV)----------Ono(Feyenoord)------------vd Vaart(Ajax)

Numela(Heerenveen)--v Hooijdonk(Feyenoord)---v Persie(F'noord)

What a midfield!!!
:)

I know I have included players who have not played the entire season (Waterreus, vd Vaart en v Persie), but imo these players have really made an impact.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
here is mine, not that different though, just 4-4-2 since I just have to pick Van Hooijdonk and Allbäck in the offensive line. :)

------------------------Waterreus (PSV)-------------------------

Emerton(F'noord)--Stefanovic(Vitesse)--Chivu(Ajax)--Edman(H'veen)

Nurmela(H'veen)--Van Bommel(PSV)--Ono(F'noord)--vd Vaart (Ajax)

-------------Pi-Air (F'noord)---------Allbäck (H'veen)-----------

If I recall, it looks abit like the one from Henk Spaan in the Veronica mag from some weeks ago.

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
-----------------------------Zoetebier----------------------------

Bogelund-------Stefanovic-------Chivu--------Edman/O'Brien

Van der Meyde-----Van Bommel-----Ono-----Van der Vaart---

-------------------------Mido---------Allback------------------------

A bit Ajax-minded I think :party:

I think Mido is a better striker then Pierre, if he would have played the whole season, he probably would have been topscorer (10 goals in 9 games so far :eek: )
Pierre scored more from freekicks and penalty's :irritate:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Then my team for the season :

---------------------Babos--------------------

Trabelsi---------Stefanovic----Chivu----O'Brien

Rommedahl---Van Bommel--Ono---Vd Vaart

------------Van Hooijdonk-----Mido-----------

I went for Babos on goal, eventhough I thought he wasn't that good as last year, but Waterreus didn't play enough matches and I'm not a fan of Zoetebier.

Since Ajax became champions I went for a lot of our guys. Chivu needs no explination, same goes for Vd Vaart. Even we hadn't become champions they would have been chosen, but for boys like Trabelsi and O'Brien it was a reason to pick them ahead of Emerton and Edman.

Mido won the battle with Allback since he was vital in Ajax' titlerace-end and Allback was quite invisible after the winterbreak. Scoring only a few goals.

Rommedahl won against Nurmela and Vd Meijde, since his stats in both assists and goals were the best. This time the championship couldn't help one of the Ajacieden.

Stefanovic won the battle with Ooijer, since Andre is a traitor.:tongue: No seriously, again the teamsucces the deciding factor.

Van Bommel and Ono are certainties like Chivu and Van der Vaart.

·
Registered
66 Posts
---------------------Babos--------------------

Vreven------Paauwe----Chivu-------Sonkaya

Emerton------Van Bommel--Ono---Vd Vaart

------------Van Hooijdonk-----Allback/Vennegoor-----------

No Mido for me, this guy doesn't play as well as we could suspect from ajax.

Emerton, v Bommel en Ono are certain. Chivu and Paauwe are the best attacking defenders, they can make an attack with 2 or 3 passes. Babos, it's an tough decision between him, Zoetebier en Waterreus. Sonkaya just because he's the least weak left back

·
Registered
312 Posts
-------------------------Babos--------------------

Emerton------Stefanovic----Chivu-------Gudelj

---------Sergio------------------------Ono----------

-----------------------VdVaart-----------------

-------VdMeijde-------Mido----------Kezman------

Because I like offensive and technical playing I chose Sergio above the boer VBommel..... and of course because I like NAC very much, which explains my choice for Gudelj as leftback.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Vinnie said:
No Mido for me, this guy doesn't play as well as we could suspect from ajax.
Well, you're setting real high standards then for an Ajax-striker. He had a ratio around 1 goal a game in the the games he played as a striker, isn't that enough?
Sonkaya just because he's the least weak left back
I would say that he's no leftback at all. He's at his best as rightback. You could have at least went for Edman or O'Brien who both had a good season as leftback.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chivu, I agree with you on Sonkaya, but not on Mido. You must ask yourself the question why Mido wasn't played as a striker before. I'm sure Ajax knows he can play as a striker, coz he plays there in the NT of Egypt and also in Belgium he played there I was told. He just had a good spell, we really have to wait to next year if the ratio 1;1 really applies, because you cannot judge him on a limited number of matches imo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.