Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the season comes to a close soon, what is your team of the season?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GK - Buffon - well for me I thought he was finished before the season, but it has to be admitted that he is put in some rather fine performances this season and proved he still deserves the Italy and Juventus number 1 jersey.

RB - Darmian - Sometimes played on the right or left, but either way he has been world class again this season and should surely be moving on to bigger things very soon.

RCB - Manolas - Roma may have fallen apart somewhat, but the defence is still statistically the 2nd best in the league and without Manolas, Roma could have been far worse.

LCB - Chiellini - Another top season from the Juventus man. Not much more needs to be mentioned about him.

LB - Evra - Hardly spoilt for choice in this area so Evra gets it by default of being the most solid LB. Was looking for someone who played more than 20 games so far this season, but couldn't.

RCM - Candreva - Scored 8 goals this season, probably more from a wide role, but you can always be creative in these teams ;-) He has been one of the best players in the league and some foreign teams now interested.

CM - Marchisio - Given that he has played the 'Pirlo' role many times this season I have put him in this spot. He has been a pivotal player in the Juventus machine.

LCM - Pogba - Clearly the one player who could be sold from Serie A for something well over 50m Euros... he has been extroadinary.

RWF - Paolo Dybala - Many clubs now hot on the heels of this Palermo star. Flash in the pan? I think not.

LWF - Felipe Anderson - This guy has been absolutely brilliant since the turn of the year. Some of the goals he has scored just magnificent.

CF - Carlos Tevez - The inspiration that has led Juventus to glory. Some top striking action this season from others but none get close to Tevez.

Honourable mentions

Perin, Diego Lopez
Florenzi (had to put him somewhere), Bruno Peres
Bonucci, De Vrij, Rugani, Gonzalo
Marcos Alonso, D'Ambrosio
Mati Fernandez, Soriano
Valdifiori, Keita
Nainggolan, Parolo, Bertolacci
Callejon, Gabbiadini
Vazquez, Eder
Toni, Icardi

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A bit too early, don't you think...
Season is almost over... league is sorted, relegation is sorted... all that's left is for 3rd spot... pretty much over to be honest.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
A few too many Juve players, i would think there is a better candidate than Chiellini who has been a bit inconsistent for my liking.

I would also choose between Pogba and Marchisio, not both. I would pick Marchisio because i think he has been the player who has really been reborn this season.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A few too many Juve players, i would think there is a better candidate than Chiellini who has been a bit inconsistent for my liking.

I would also choose between Pogba and Marchisio, not both. I would pick Marchisio because i think he has been the player who has really been reborn this season.
Who would you put in their place? Not been the best of seasons, but the 3 clear talents in the league that will cost big money are obviously Pogba, now Felipe Anderson and Dybala.

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
GK - Buffon - well for me I thought he was finished before the season, but it has to be admitted that he is put in some rather fine performances this season and proved he still deserves the Italy and Juventus number 1 jersey.

RB - Darmian - Sometimes played on the right or left, but either way he has been world class again this season and should surely be moving on to bigger things very soon.

RCB - Manolas - Roma may have fallen apart somewhat, but the defence is still statistically the 2nd best in the league and without Manolas, Roma could have been far worse.

LCB - Chiellini - Another top season from the Juventus man. Not much more needs to be mentioned about him.

LB - Evra - Hardly spoilt for choice in this area so Evra gets it by default of being the most solid LB. Was looking for someone who played more than 20 games so far this season, but couldn't.

RCM - Candreva - Scored 8 goals this season, probably more from a wide role, but you can always be creative in these teams ;-) He has been one of the best players in the league and some foreign teams now interested.

CM - Marchisio - Given that he has played the 'Pirlo' role many times this season I have put him in this spot. He has been a pivotal player in the Juventus machine.

LCM - Pogba - Clearly the one player who could be sold from Serie A for something well over 50m Euros... he has been extroadinary.

RWF - Paolo Dybala - Many clubs now hot on the heels of this Palermo star. Flash in the pan? I think not.

LWF - Felipe Anderson - This guy has been absolutely brilliant since the turn of the year. Some of the goals he has scored just magnificent.

CF - Carlos Tevez - The inspiration that has led Juventus to glory. Some top striking action this season from others but none get close to Tevez.

Honourable mentions

Perin, Diego Lopez
Florenzi (had to put him somewhere), Bruno Peres
Bonucci, De Vrij, Rugani, Gonzalo
Marcos Alonso, D'Ambrosio
Mati Fernandez, Soriano
Valdifiori, Keita
Nainggolan, Parolo, Bertolacci
Callejon, Gabbiadini
Vazquez, Eder
Toni, Icardi
Glik has probably been the best defender in the league, how can he not be there!

Allan would also be in my midfield

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
Who would you put in their place? Not been the best of seasons, but the 3 clear talents in the league that will cost big money are obviously Pogba, now Felipe Anderson and Dybala.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
Maybe De Vrijt instead of Chiellini and Vazquez instead of Pogba. Glik and Allan are also worthy candidates.

Also i would consider Icardi and Toni for who would partner Tevez but it depends what the formation is.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Higuain has been very solid IMO. He scores and assists, and overall has grown to be a complete forward and a leader.

Not sure Marchisio or Chiellini deserve to be there. Decent and reliable but nothing extraordinary. Same with Evra who had an awful first half of the season and now is decent at best.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like how everyone judges my team of the season :D Do your own :pp

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Mine:

-----------------Lopez-------------------
Peres-- Manolas -- De Virj -- Darmian
--------- Pogba-- Nainggolan ---------
-- Candreva -- Dybala ----Anderson--
----------------Tevez--------------------

Honourable mentions:
Buffon
Basta
Vazquez
Higuain
Menez
Callejon

I am sure I forgot some..

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
Evra has been very good for quite a while now, he had a shaky start but i think he definitely deserves his spot as one of the best leftbacks in the league given his performances.

Marchisio as well has been very good, between Pirlo getting injured and slowing down and Vidal struggling to regain his form this season after his injury problems, it's been Marchisio who has run our midfield and it has to be said he's done a phenomenal job.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Parolo deserves a mention, in my opinion. Sure, the competition for the CM spot is tougher but he has been a lot more consistent than Candreva this season, has scored as many goals as Candreva, including some brilliant ones and is a lot better defensively.

I would like to comment on other teams players but I don't watch non-Lazio teams often enough... :)

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
Parolo deserves a mention, in my opinion. Sure, the competition for the CM spot is tougher but he has been a lot more consistent than Candreva this season, has scored as many goals as Candreva, including some brilliant ones and is a lot better defensively.

I would like to comment on other teams players but I don't watch non-Lazio teams often enough... :)
yee Parolo has proven to be a very good signing. Candreva has got 8 assists though compared to Parolo's 2, but yeah Parolo does defensive work as well

·
Registered
45,357 Posts
Saponara since joining Empoli. It's unbelievable a player can become so bad when joining Milan and being back the player he used to be after leaving them.

Inviato dal mio GT-S6500 con Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 25 Posts