Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you can make the best team for a specific league or combine all leagues together...

Here is my all in one team of 08 - Present Season so far...

--------------------------Frey (Fiorentina)-----------------------

Maicon (Inter)-Chiellini (Juventus)-Puyol (Barcelona)-Lahm (Bayern)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
---Xabi (Barcelona)---Sissoko (Juventus)---Xabi Alonso (Liverpool)---
---Messi (Barcelona)-----Eto'o (Barcelona)----Lavezzi (Napoli)--------

Honorable Mentions:
Cesar (Inter)
Dani Alves (Barcelona)
Gonzalo Rodriguez (Villarreal)
Rio Ferdinand (Man United)
Mata (Valencia)
Romanic (Sevilla)
Hamsik (Napoli)
Ireland (Man City)
Young (Aston Villa)
Andres Iniesta (Barcelona)
David Villa (Valencia)
Diego Milito (Genoa)
Gilardino (Fiorentina)
Benzema (Lyon)
Zaki (Wigan)
Ibisevic (Hoffenheim)

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Premiership

Reina

Bosingwa - Laursen - Hangeland - Cole

Xabi Alonso - Ireland

Young - Lampard - Robinho

Anelka

·
Registered
56,311 Posts
i would put messi and ribéry in it.
explosif.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
(All leagues)

-------------Frey--------------

Maicon-Ferdinand-Chiellini-Lahm

Gerrard------Xavi------Lampard

Ribery------Ibrahimovic----Messi

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Gerrard has been nowhere near Lampard's standard this season.
I'm sorry that's a load of bollocks. The facts are Gerrard has had more goals and assists than Lampard. And that's not including the fact that his form has lead Liverpool to the top of the league and given them a huge chance of winning it. And have i mentioned he played an important role in Liverpool qualifying for the Champions league knockout stages with a game to go?

Now compare that to Lampard who arguably plays with a more superior squad compared to Gerrard. Chelsea currently sit 2nd in the table, probably 3rd after Utd win their games in hand, and Lampard if i'm correct has the same amount of goals as Gerrard and less assists (in the league). Chelsea currently are not playing well. Lampard is playing well but his form isn't leading the rest of his club to raise their game whereas you can't say the same about Gerrard. Gerrard has palyed well and in doing so has made the rest of his team mates to do the same.

Seriously, Gerrard wipes the floor on Lampard.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I'm sorry that's a load of bollocks. The facts are Gerrard has had more goals and assists than Lampard. And that's not including the fact that his form has lead Liverpool to the top of the league and given them a huge chance of winning it. And have i mentioned he played an important role in Liverpool qualifying for the Champions league knockout stages with a game to go?

Now compare that to Lampard who arguably plays with a more superior squad compared to Gerrard. Chelsea currently sit 2nd in the table, probably 3rd after Utd win their games in hand, and Lampard if i'm correct has the same amount of goals as Gerrard and less assists (in the league). Chelsea currently are not playing well. Lampard is playing well but his form isn't leading the rest of his club to raise their game whereas you can't say the same about Gerrard. Gerrard has palyed well and in doing so has made the rest of his team mates to do the same.

Seriously, Gerrard wipes the floor on Lampard.
3 more goals to Gerrard, and Lampard has 3 more assists FYI. Although assists vary on how you judge them. And if you look at a lot of Chelsea's goals, he is heavily involved with most of the build up play, incisive pass onto the wing for the cross and such. Still Gerrard has been in fantastic form, but Alonso is right up there with him (many liverpool fans I know argue he has been better).

In terms of dictating games this season, Lampard has been a consistent best. His passing has been supreme at times. As for Chelsea's squad, have you seen Deco and Ballack playing this season? I don't see how Lampard doing well makes anyone else better.

Lucas21 said:
Premiership

Reina

Xabi Alonso - Ireland

Young - Lampard - Robinho

Anelka
:thumbsup:

Would go with this with a few changes -

Reina

Bosingwa - Laursen - Hangeland - Lescott

Arteta - Ireland

Young - Lampard - Gerrard

Anelka

Honourable mentions to Zaki, Johnson, Vidic, Alonso, Robinho, Gabby. Also unsung hero in my mind is Reo-Coker, he has been a beast this season and very little plaudits for it.

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
[
B]3 more goals to Gerrard, and Lampard has 3 more assists FYI.[/B] Although assists vary on how you judge them. And if you look at a lot of Chelsea's goals, he is heavily involved with most of the build up play, incisive pass onto the wing for the cross and such. Still Gerrard has been in fantastic form, but Alonso is right up there with him (many liverpool fans I know argue he has been better).
Ok i'm confused :confused:. Lampard has 11 goals. Gerrard 13. So how is that 3 more goals to Gerrard?

As for assists Gerrard has 5 in the Prem, and Lampard 4. I have no idea how many other assists they have in the other competitions.

About Alonso, i'd just say Liverpool are very fortunate to have to both Alonso and Gerrard performing at a world class level. I don't think there's any point in saying who's been performing better as both are as important as each other to Liverpool in a different manner.

·
Registered
11,622 Posts
Best of EPL

Reina

Alonso - Ireland

Gerrard - Lampard - Young

Anelka

Worst of EPL

Van Deeerr Saarr

Neville Vidic Rio Evra

Ronaldo Anderson Carrick Park

Rooney Berbatov

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Has Alonso really been that good for Liverpool? I havent seen alot of Liverpool games this season so im wondering how good he has been. Shame for him that Spain's midfield is stacked because he's a real quality player.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what about La Liga and Serie A teams guys?

maybe best 11 of Argentine league from Fangio?

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
La Liga:

-----------Palop-------

--Alves--Puyol--Marquez--Capdevila--

--Messi--Xavi--Senna--Navas--

--------Villa-----Etoo

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
I'd go with this, just take off Navas put in Higuian .. he's better and done a good job for Madrid this season..
yeah agree with this.

id have Emana instead of senna probably. \been watching replays on aljazeera recently, and hes done very well in that betis side.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Worst of EPL

Van Deeerr Saarr

Neville Vidic Rio Evra

Ronaldo Anderson Carrick Park

Rooney Berbatov
Your wit continues to amaze me.

Anyway, I like Marc's lineup a lot although I feel that Evra should be in instead of Lescott. Lescott has done a sterling job at LB this season but I still feel like Evra is continually underrated and has been arguably United's most consistent player this season.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts