Godin,5

Walcott,6
Lampard,6
Van Der Vaart,7
Messi,6

Zarate,6
Aguero,7
Villa,9.

Player of the month David Villa scoring goals for club and country and taking Valencia to the top of La Liga.

Performances of the month.Aguero vs PSV and Walcott vs Croatia.

What you guys think and what are your teams as well.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Some great defensive midfielders there I see.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Its the new craze, the 3-0-7 formation ;)

·
Administrator
53,224 Posts
8 assists from 5 matches? Impressive kid. They havent telivsed Valencia games much so far, when they dont seem to be their crappy selfs of last season.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Is there a site that keeps track of the assists in the primera division? 8 is a number most players dont even get after a season.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Yeah 8 assists is quite a high number but Valencia has been getting some qquite high scorelines.

Valencia vs Mallorca 3:0
Almeria vs valencia 2:2
Valencia vs Osasuna 1:0
Malaga vs Valencia 0:2
Valencia vs Deportivo 4:2

they have scored 12 goals in total.
If this Mata kid has scored 3 and assisted 8 the total is 11 goals he was involved in.

In 8 goals he had to be the last player to pass the ball to the goal scorer and in 3 goals he had to be the last player to touch the ball before it going over the line for a goal.
So he didnt score or assist only 1 goal so far.

I find it hard to beleive this, but anything is possible!?

·
Administrator
53,224 Posts
When you put it like that, I find it hard to believe too. Mestalla must have confused him being involved in the build up of the goals to having 8 direct assists for 8 goals.

And yeah, for a full season, very few players get double digits assists, let alone almost that number afte 5 games.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some great defensive midfielders there I see.
Trust a poster from Italy say that you guys are to defensive:pp What are your teams as well.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I havent seen enough of every league to say. :)

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mata has 5 assists i look it up at Soccernet.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
ahh soccernet. go there for england stats, then click on the "europe" section only to find front page news about scotland....

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ahh soccernet. go there for england stats, then click on the "europe" section only to find front page news about scotland....
Go to google.Type in top assists in la liga.Go to the first website you see which is soccerpulse.And the link is there.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
but mata is doing fantastic. he will be the revelation of this season, and will soon break into the spanish squad, i wonder why real let him go?

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Yeah, i told Blaz in another thread that you Ches are really not counting those assists right :D For example, the 2nd Valencia goal against Malaga does not count as an assist to Mata, he just passed the ball to Villa who ran with the ball for like 6 seconds before shooting it past the keeper.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Chiellini was very below-par this month. Buffon was good but not decisive.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts