Xtratime Community banner

who should leave Real Madrid in the summer?

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's try and get a consensus on who should stay and leave next year. Although we have a 'Transfer Rumors' thread, this is not about rumors, this is also about who you think should come to substitute the players in the team right now. Not necessarily based on rumors.

OK, I'll give it a try:

Who goes:
I truly think that Beckham, Owen, Figo, Portillo, Celades and Roberto Carlos should and will leave. Maybe if the right offer is there Samuel and Ronaldo might be on the way out too, although I'll keep the last two for arguements sake. No way Raul leaves... Florentino just wont do that. Zidane stays, but as a supersub. I have no place for Mejias, Borja, Raul Bravo and other 'pavones' right now (I would use them to sign the Spanish players we want). As for Woodgate, I have it from good faith (Sacchi himself has said this... I was told by a journalist friend of mine) will probably never play again, so he will retire or get his outright release. We probably wont re-up Cesar.

Who comes:
Robinho is a lock. I don't think Adriano will come. I would sign Del Horno, Sergio, Pablo (from Atletico), Joaquin, and Reyes. Now let's speculate and say that Gerrard does come. I would also sign an extra left back and defensive midfield. I also heard that Catalayud is also done.

As for my dream signing Vicente... but zero chance of it happening.

Starting XI:
-------------Raul---------Ronaldo---------
Robinho----Gerrard----Gravensen----Joaquin
Del Horno---Pablo------Helquera------Sergio
-----------------Casillas------------------

Subs:
----------Zidane---------Reyes-------------
Solari-----Guti-------Defensive Mid---Juanfran
Left Back----Samuel------Pavon----Salgado
-----------------Catalayud-------------------

I know we have big stars on the bench, but how are we going to win if we don't have supersubs like all other teams have.

Arguements could be made to include Samuel on the starting XI, and maybe that we could find a better player instead of Gerrard... I would love Kaka... but Milan doesn't sell.

As for Gravesen, I think he will stay and be a starter next year. There just aren't any good defensive guys out there.

If Raul is again in bad form... bench him and bring either Solari and move Robinho next to Ronaldo, or Reyes into the starting line up.

Thougths?

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Jesus Christ... we have 4352497324982734982374 threads on this topic.

Come on, man.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't see one that dealt just will speculation plus what you actually wanted... apart from Transfer Rumors.

If the mods want to lock this up, go ahead, but please point to the thread that makes the most sense for this post to be in... thanks.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
Jesus Christ... we have 4352497324982734982374 threads on this topic.

Come on, man.
FIG Ill merge some threads later. Just respect the work hes had. Great setup twilo :thmbup: Just: Salgado as a sub?????

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
LaBlanca said:
FIG Ill merge some threads later. Just respect the work hes had
Ok, fine.

There's no way Real Madrid paid 25 M Euros to AS Roma for Walter Samuel to sit on the bench and not start.

There's no way Michel Salgado sits on the bench and doesn't start.

The most ridiculous part must be all the in-comings:

Robinho
Gerrard
Joaquin
del Horno
Pablo
Sergio Ramos
Reyes
Calatayud
Left-Back
Defensive Midfield

How in the hell can we bring in _10_ new players?

Completely unrealistic.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
we have 4352497324982734982374 threads on this topic.
+1 at least on a daily basis.

He should have added Totti, RVN, Sheva and Henry, then it would be realistic.

This notion that all the galaticos are going to leave is a difficult one, not easy to get rid of those guys, unless its a fire sale and even at that, it will be hard.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ten players in not unrealistic, if Florentino finally realizes that he has to make big changes, and more importantly most of them wont be that expensive, my speculation from what I've read:

(ALL PRICES IN MILLIONS OF EUROS)
Robinho - 17-20
Gerrard - 30-35
Joaquin - 25
del Horno - 9-10
Pablo - 10-12
Sergio Ramos - 8-9
Reyes - 0 if he comes in exchange for Owen
Calatayud - 0 out of contract
Left-Back - 3-4
Defensive Midfield - 3-4

Remember we have over 100 million euros to sign players this season.

As for Salgado and Samuel being subs... frankly if they deserve to play over Pablo and Sergio, then I say lets play them, but we shouldn't be afraid to sit them down if we can have something better on the field. However I wouldn't sell them given that to be a great team, you also need great subs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
barça said:
He should have added Totti, RVN, Sheva and Henry, then it would be realistic.

This notion that all the galaticos are going to leave is a difficult one, not easy to get rid of those guys, unless its a fire sale and even at that, it will be hard.
If you notice the only really good players I've added are Joaquin and Robinho who really, really want to come, and for which we already have preferencial buying terms, and Gerrard, who is Florentino's baby this year.

The rest are easy to get.

As for getting rid of the galaticos, I agree, it will be very hard... except for Owen and Beckham, the rest have no value. I say give Figo and Roberto Carlos their releases, so they can get there last good contract in another team. Owen can be traded for Reyes, and for Beckham and his face, we can still get 20-25 million euros.

It seems harsh, but my arguement is that this team needs a huge overhaul... not cosmetic changes. Might all these moves be unrealistic in terms of all of them happening this summer maybe... but I really think we are up for a huge change.

With regards to Beckham, I want to give an explanation. I really think Joaquin will come. Florentino has had his eye on him for a while now, and it is either now or never. Figo will most certainly leave. But if we bring in Joaquin... do we keep Beckham in the middle? I think he has proven that he has no business playing next to a defensive midfield... thus if Joaquin comes, Beckham has to leave.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Hmm another 12 year old again. lili where are you...........

·
Registered
346 Posts
Twilo73 said:
Reyes - 0 if he comes in exchange for Owen
You should have notice last summer, with Vieira, that the Arsenal management isn´t stupid. There´s no chance on earth or in hell that they would change Reyes with Owen in a straight deal. I guess, not in any other deal for that matter.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
husain_14 said:
Hmm another 12 year old again. lili where are you...........
I'm actually 31 dude.

Let me remind you that Barcelona signed something like 9 players this summer... a few stars Deco, Etoo, and Guily... and the rest were all workers like Belletti, etc.

Now I hate Barca as much as the next guy... or even more, as I am Spanish and I've been a club member since 1987 and season ticket holder from 1987 to 1997 (unlike our good friend all the way from Pakiston, Husain, who knows a lot more than me and thinks that he is a lot more mature). Having said this, I can appreciate that we need a change as radical as the one they made.

Let's look at it from a true rumors perspective if you will: Robinho, Reyes and most likely Joaquin will happen. As for Gerrard, there is a huge probability. If you agree with me on that, then you must agree that we are signing them to play in the starting XI. The other changes I suggest are for our wing-back (Roberto Carlos is done as a starter and frankly Salgado's speed is sort of gone too, and it would not hurt to start to look for a good sub), Pablo who is my only wish of the bunch, and a couple of other subs for defensive mid and left back.

As for who will leave... yes it will be hard to get rid of all these players, but this is simple addition by subtraction. Figo and Roberto Carlos HAVE to leave. Owen most likely will leave, which leaves Beckham... hard to think he will given that he makes so much money for the club... but frankly I don't see him as an asset on the field. As for the rest they are scrubs and I don't expect to get a lot if anything for them.

If you think about it, I'm not suggesting something that is so farfetched.

·
21,026 Posts
Twilo73 said:
The rest are easy to get.
My bad, sorry. You are right. It should be a piece of cake to rebuild this team, adding 10 to 11 players, not being able to rid of the galacticos, and creating a monster payroll.

Gaspart anyone? ;)

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
But just look at it from the financial side of things. Spending over 120-130 million Euros realistically speaking is just too hard to imagine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
barça said:
My bad, sorry. You are right. It should be a piece of cake to rebuild this team, adding 10 to 11 players, not being able to rid of the galacticos, and creating a monster payroll.

Gaspart anyone? ;)
Read my last post... if you guys did it last year, why can't we do it this year. The only 5+ million salaries I see here are Joaquin and Gerrard... Robinho will probably make Roberto Carlos money at first. The rest are way, way less.

Yes, my plan hinges on getting rid of 4 huge salaries (Figo, Roberto Carlos, Owen and Beckham), so it is time that Florentino gets off his ass and proves that he can sell/get rid off talent the same way he can sign it. Easier said than done... but you all forget that we now have Sacchi at the helm... unlike other years.

Is it me or do more Barca fans post here than Real fans... don't you guys have your own forum? ;)

Plus, if we want to spend all this money it's because we can... because we are the largest soccer brand in the world... because our budget is almost twice what Barca has. If we have the money we can spend it!!! :)

Finally, there was only one Gaspart... and lukily he was your president... which in my book set you guys back 5-6 years. Remember that during the time it took you to get rid of the Gaspart legacy we won 2 ligas and 3 Champions Leagues... but hell I guess the Liga you will most likely win this year is more important.

I love Barca fans, they are happy with so little. All it takes if for Real to have a bad season for them to think their goals have been met. Come back to me when you have won 9 Champions Leagues. ;)

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Barça signed 9 players last summer? Deco, Belletti, Sylvinho, Eto'o, Giuly, Larsson, Edmilson. That's 7. Out of those, Larsson and Sylvinho knew they were coming in essentially as subs. And only because there were so many players who were leaving. Overmars, Kluivert, Cocu, Saviola, Reiziger, Quaresma, Luis Garcia... That's 7 going out right there. your "plan" on the other hand, has 10 players coming in, only 4 present starters leaving, and at least 3 of the players that you want to put on the bench probably won't accept it (Zidane, Samuel, Salgado).

·
21,026 Posts
Twilo73 said:
Let me remind you that Barcelona signed something like 9 players this summer... a few stars Deco, Etoo, and Guily... and the rest were all workers like Belletti, etc.
FCB did not have the trouble of getting rid of the players like Madrid has. Kluivert and Saviola knew they had to take the high road and even at that, Barcelona is still paying a large part of their salaries.

Twilo73 said:
Now I hate Barca as much as the next guy... or even more, as I am Spanish and I've been a season ticket holder since 1987, but I can appreciate that we need a change as radical as the one they made.
Hey MAD Fan, is here another convert, it appears that you are the only holdout.

Twilo73 said:
Let's look at it from a true rumors perspective if you will: Robinho, Reyes and most likely Joaquin will happen. As for Gerrard, there is a huge probability. If you agree with me on that, then you must agree that we are signing them to play in the starting XI. The other changes I suggest are for our wing-back (Roberto Carlos is done as a starter and frankly Salgado's speed is sort of gone too, and it would not hurt to start to look for a good sub), Pablo who is my only wish of the bunch, and a couple of other subs for defensive mid and left back.
OK, lets do that;

1. Robinho, yes, most likely he is in Madrid next year.
2. Reyes, how much do you think that Arsenal will want? Certainly they won't do a trade for Owen, they will do the same as Viera, a lot of money, something that Floro won't do.
3. The Joaquin rumor has been around since the kid made it to Betis first team. This will be a hard purchase, Lopera is just waiting for a lot of money and if Betis makes it to the CL or Europe, it will be harder to sell.
4. Gerrard? Maybe, prepare to spend quite a bit. Rafa won't sell cheap and he conitnues to build a nice team in pool.
5. Pablo; I thought he just renewed but I am not 100% sure.
6. Del Horno renewed last year, he won't be moving anywhere.

Twilo73 said:
As for who will leave... yes it will be hard to get rid of all these players, but this is simple addition by subtraction. Figo and Roberto Carlos HAVE to leave. Owen most likely will leave, which leaves Beckham... hard to think he will given that he makes so much money for the club... but frankly I don't see him as an asset on the field. As for the rest they are scrubs and I don't expect to get a lot if anything for them.
1. Figo, he might leave, but prepare to pay his wages.
2. RC, won't leave not now that his contract has been renewed and he is turning Spanish (EU) ir he leaves, prepare to pay his wages.
3. Owen; What makes you thingk he will leave?
4. Beckham, where is he going? He is staying put, he has a long term and expensive contract.

Twilo73 said:
If you think about it, I'm not suggesting something that is so farfetched.
I thought about it and yes, I think that its farfteched.;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
husain_14 said:
But just look at it from the financial side of things. Spending over 120-130 million Euros realistically speaking is just too hard to imagine.
Huasin, we have the money... it waiting to be spent... if we don't do it this year, and really turn this team around, then we will have more of the same next year.

Look at it: Roberto C. and Figo are done. Zidane can only really play half the games from now on. Beckham is a waste of time as a middle midfielder. And in my opinion Samuel didn't work out, and Salgado is showing signs of age. What do we do, just change half these problems? We will still have the rest to deal with. If we are going to do it, we should do it right.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Barca... bottom line, we have to money to do whatever we want in terms of player personel. So if they wanted to make all these changes they will.

Remember that Florentino doesn't call the shots anymore. He would over pay and under sell this summer, but Sacchi is a whole other matter.

One thing is for sure, we wont see another summer of two or three offensive stars without making changes to team chemistry and balance.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts