Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it's abit premature, we are all still suffering, but i can't stand thinking about this loss anymore...So, the Kovac brother's are finished and now it gives a chance to the likes of Vuk and Knezevic to make themselves an integral part of our side, so when you have recovered and ready, what should we play come 6 Sep against Kazakhstan...

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
------------------------Eduardo (25)

-------------Rakitic (20)

Pranjic(26)-------Modric(22)------Vukojevic(24)-----Srna(26)

Pamic(21)--------Simunic(30)-----Krizanac(28)-----Corluka(22)

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Since we know it will be four in the back. Maybe something like this?

I dont think we can continue with a Corluka-Srna right side, and since Bilic prefers 2 forwards, the man next to Eduardo seems to be up for grabs.

---------------------------Pleti-------------------------------
--------------------Corluka------Krizanac--------------------
---Srna---------------------------------------------Pranjic
------------------Pokrivac--------Vukojevic---------------
----------Modric-----------------------------Rakitic---------
--------------------Eduardo-------------
------------------------------------Kalinic-------------

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since we know it will be four in the back.

Beautiful :thumbsup: Steel in the centre, clinical up-front, technical, width from the full backs, great stoppers (Hope Krizanac get's a chance, if it's not him then Knezevic) Kalinic just need to turn out what is expected from him.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Blaž;6453108 said:
Beautiful :thumbsup: Steel in the centre, clinical up-front, technical, width from the full backs, great stoppers (Hope Krizanac get's a chance, if it's not him then Knezevic) Kalinic just need to turn out what is expected from him.
Yep, I think this is our most balanced group. I hope Bilic sees this as well. :hopeful:

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
Since we know it will be four in the back. Maybe something like this?

I dont think we can continue with a Corluka-Srna right side, and since Bilic prefers 2 forwards, the man next to Eduardo seems to be up for grabs.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Perhaps Šimunić will still be around and in the XI but other than that I think it's perfect. I like the central midfield pairing because although they essentially play the same position they offer a great contrast to one another. Luka with freedom is a must, Raketa likewise.

·
A true hero
31,412 Posts
Yeah, I would certainly move Corluka infield (I think the same will happen with his club, anyway), unless you have some good young CB's coming up that I don't know about.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
The Krizanac and Kalinic positions are up for grabs, but the core should look exactly like that.

I think we would be able to play with equal efficiency all over the pitch. It gives Luka and Rakitic the freedom to become more effective, provides enough security to have both Srna(who has trouble stoping the ball correctly in tight space in the mid) and Pranjic out wide together and it still allows us to play with two forwards up front.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Also for the new campaign I would have no problem with Srna taking free kicks when the situation calls for but his corners are very, very bad. Rakitic should be taking corners every time he is on the pitch.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
it's time to fix the holes in this 11 that there was not time to fix before the euro

---------Pletikosa-------
Srna-Corluka-Simunic-Pranja (or at CB Knezevic )
---Vukojevic---Pokrivac---
----Luka--Niko--Ivan----
---------Dudu----------

Srna MUST be a RB and Vukojevic must enter, you can always change Pokrivac or Vukojevic for another striker, possibly Kalinic or Mandzukic or Tadic if they start to perform, or Petric of course

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
Whatever team you have, its very important you play your best player at the final third, Modric playing as an AM with freedom to wreck havoc, instead of a playmaking DM. Too far down, and he cant do as much damage.

I have no idea who Pokrivac is (and Vuko is the hardworking dude that looks like a horse?:pp), but I hope he is a true tough warrior of a DM who plays physically.

You dont need another Niko Kovac, having your only dm being a soft little guy who even though he works hard, weakens your midfield because you really dont any physical presence and can be bullied there as you at times have been. Physical presence is needed by your DM.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
yeah, you are right, but Vukojevic is a guy that is so usefull also going upfront, he scores a lot of goals and is really strong mindly, he may also become captain one day (if he starts to pay more attention to the yellow cards he getts a little too often )!

Pokrivac is not so good when attacking but is a complete player, btw time will tell, of course

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
---------Pletikosa-------
Srna-Corluka-Simunic-Pranja (or at CB Knezevic )
---Vukojevic---Pokrivac---
----Luka--Niko--Ivan----
---------Dudu----------
I would def sit Niko in favor of another forward. Why would we want to put more of a burden and work load on, by far and away, our best forward?

Although a 4-5-1 can def be used in certain cases.

he may also become captain one day
If Bilic doesnt give the Capt arm band to Modric, it would be a huge mistake. Credit to Joe Simunic and Pletikosa but this team is heading in a new direction, with new leaders, and Luka Modric is the guy who best represents this new generation. Its obvious now the rest of the team looks up to him and follows his lead. :thumbsup:

Srna MUST be a RB
I hope Bilic "wakes up" and realizes this as well.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
I haven't seen enough of the squad to mention who should play where, but it's utterly critical, as today showed that Luka and Raketa are given true attacking options. Perhaps something like Asanovic and Prosinecki were given with Boban anchoring the middle in a 3-5-2, which is my favourite setup, though I know many here don't like it.

It will seriously bother me for a long time, not seeing Luka have that freer role for the whole game. For the next 10 years of Croatian football, if he is given that position and the team around him is fostered, we'll be making more knockout round appearances.

Cheersch

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
From todays point of view

-------------Pletikosa--------

Corluka, Knezevic, Joe, Pranjic

---------Vukojevic----------

Srna------Modric------Rakitic

----------DUDU-------------

But 2 years are a long period.. god knows who will appear in meanwhile. Vuk, Pokrivac, Pranjic, Kalinic... were nowhere near NT 2 yrs ago and now theyre here... but i think it will be good... world class talent is there, its now up to Bilic to do the good job for Africa

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I like the 442 set up. i'm not really a fan of the 4411 or the 4231. But it will depend on players comfort in some of these formations, and who we are facing.

From the 23 players choosen for the Euro's:{

First off players who are retiring or should retire are: Niko and Robert Kovac, Dario Simic.
Players who should not be called up again are : Jerko Leko and Ivica Olic.
Players I'm not sure about but want to see more of before I make judgment are: Ognjen Vukojevic and Hrvoje Vejic. }

Squad List for first WC qualifier, IMO should be : Goalies: Pletikosa and Runje
I could also see Bilic picking a younger goalie to bring with him

Defenders: Srna, Krizanac, Knezevic, Pamic, Corluka, Vejic, Simunic, and Marijan Buljat

Midfield: Pranjic, Kranjcar, Babic, Pokrivac, Sharbini, Rakitic, Modric, Vranjes and Vukojevic

Strikers: Eduardo, Budan, Petric and Klasnic

Some players like Buljat will need to be looked at closely before selected, but we will need cover for that right side.

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Marijan Buljat, Vranjes, Babic? I guess you don't get to watch too much footie in Canada :)

Kicking out useless players like Vranjes and Babic was the best thing Bilic ever did.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Marijan Buljat, Vranjes, Babic? I guess you don't get to watch too much footie in Canada :)

Kicking out useless players like Vranjes and Babic was the best thing Bilic ever did.
If Babic had got more playing time at Real Betis, he would of been at Euro's instead of Leko. Because did we really need 4 Central Mid's? Vukojevic to me looks like a thug, but I've only seen him 4 times so i will defer my judgement till i see more of him. We will need cover down that right hand side if Srna goes to RB and Corluka goes to Central Defense. Would you like to see ETTO as cover at right back then :howler:

1 - 20 of 120 Posts