54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be a close position...

I choose Javier Zanetti!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you think Lauren is the best RB in the world... let me think, best RM is Ljungberg, best LM is Pires etc etc etc.?

Anyway I may have forgotten some names for the poll... anyone can remind me the names and hopefully an FM can put the name into the poll

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just because Lauren is never given a pat on the back for his achievements. Does it automatically make him bette than Cafu or Zanetti who are probably a level above him?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see Arianna made her usual no comment to mark the sign of disgust at this thread :D

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
khimik said:
Lauren's been immense for months now. Never gets the recognition he deserves.
Ever think he never gets recognition because he doesn't deserves it?

It has to be Cafu. The player can basically do it all in defense and attack, and I do not see a weakness in his game. His defensive skills have improved from the time he was at Roma, and he has been solid for the past two years now. Its Cafu.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
GICA said:
Belletti!

But he should improve the crosses...
I agree 100%. My vote goes to Belletti, when I see this list, I don't see anyone objectively in better form than him.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Deano said:
Just because Lauren is never given a pat on the back for his achievements. Does it automatically make him bette than Cafu or Zanetti who are probably a level above him?
No it doesn't, I only voted Lauren because one vote won't stop Zanetti winning the thing by a long way. Lauren is underrated, the only thing he doesn't have is Ashley Cole's recovery pace.

I've always liked him, so one damn vote won't change a thing.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Belletti would have been third on my list, I find it hard to think that he is better than Cafu yet, Firstly he is still not even in the Brazilian first team (I may be mistaken) and B, Cafu is still a wonderful crosser of the ball and not so bad defensively..

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Andr3w said:
Ever think he never gets recognition because he doesn't deserves it?
No, because he does deserve a pat on the back once in a while. Nobody - and this includes Gooners - has even given Lauren the praise that his opposite fullback gets when there really isn't all that much difference between them, except Ashley being blessed with a turbocharger in his legs.

One vote makes no difference.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
khimik said:
No it doesn't, I only voted Lauren because one vote won't stop Zanetti winning the thing by a long way. Lauren is underrated, the only thing he doesn't have is Ashley Cole's recovery pace.

I've always liked him, so one damn vote won't change a thing.

This is not the point of doing these polls, but if people (not only Khimik) intend on thinking like this. I may as well stop doing them!

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Deano said:
I may as well stop doing them!
Intend on what? Not adding another vote to the countless ones Zanetti'll get and thus rendering my vote kind of pointless? Lauren'll probably have one vote, mine, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Sheesh.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
khimik said:
No, because he does deserve a pat on the back once in a while. Nobody - and this includes Gooners - has even given Lauren the praise that his opposite fullback gets when there really isn't all that much difference between them, except Ashley being blessed with a turbocharger in his legs.
Oh please. Thats like me voting for Manuele Blasi as the best defensive midfielder in the world because "nobody gives him a pat on the back." FFS.

Deano is right, there is no point for these threads.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Andr3w said:
Oh please. Thats like me voting for Manuele Blasi as the best defensive midfielder in the world because "nobody gives him a pat on the back." FFS.
Does one vote for Zanetti really matter to you Serie A fanboys that much?

1 - 20 of 119 Posts