Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Batten down the hatches, people of Spain. They are coming. Board up the chapels and add extra security to the seats of El Madrigal. After all, we all know what happens when Rangers win in Spain, god alone knows what they'll be like when they lose.

Also, maybe invest in one of those counterfeit money detectors, they've got a liking for the monopoly Euros too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
mincecfc said:
Batten down the hatches, people of Spain. They are coming. Board up the chapels and add extra security to the seats of El Madrigal. After all, we all know what happens when Rangers win in Spain, god alone knows what they'll be like when they lose.

Also, maybe invest in one of those counterfeit money detectors, they've got a liking for the monopoly Euros too.
jealousy is a terrible thing

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed it is.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
just think mince, if you hadn't jumped the dyke you could have enjoyed watching your team playing champions league football this week too :)

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
This is what being in the Champions League is all about. You can't buy their pain- priceless. :D

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I've always said that the best comedy material cannot be scripted, for it has to be natural creation...

Absolutely brilliant mince :) Keep it coming, please!

I don't know about you chivo, but I picture a gaunt bearded man, quivvering under the ills of cold turkey as he craves his fix of general involvement. You can hold out so long bhoys, but eventually it has to be released eh? :D

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Bocha said:
I've always said that the best comedy material cannot be scripted, for it has to be natural creation...

Absolutely brilliant mince :) Keep it coming, please!

I don't know about you chivo, but I picture a gaunt bearded man, quivvering under the ills of cold turkey as he craves his fix of general involvement. You can hold out so long bhoys, but eventually it has to be released eh? :D
Priceless!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No pain here kids. Jealous? One win in 7 is it? Just looking forward to the "game" myself.

And, for your info TB, I never jumped any dyke.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Bocha said:
Yep. Sitting in front on the TV, few empty crushed cans, clutching a burst beach ball, flip-flops tapping, sobrero askew and some mad mutterings. A half-hearted "hail hail ya jammy bassas" tries it's best to break the stone cold silence but does not bring the limelight back. Tears drip on to the photos of a happy celt being cuddled by a Spaniard in a green and yellow hooped top. Sad times indeed, we feel their pain. :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Angle_eyes said:
I didn't know the people of Spain read the Rangers forum on here.

There are some, I think they mostly post in the Spanish football sections. There is actually a Villareal section too :nerd:

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
You can't buy their pain- priceless. :D
"Pain". :howler:

I know whose position i'd rather be in, and it isn't 3rd. :)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
mincecfc said:
There are some, I think they mostly post in the Spanish football sections. There is actually a Villareal section too :nerd:
No doubt infested with fans of 'ra sellik' looking to be loved.
And only one win in 7?
how about only 1 defeat in 9?
stats can be used any way you want.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
King_Henrik said:
"Pain". :howler:

I know whose position i'd rather be in, and it isn't 3rd. :)
I know what position I'd rather be in too. Alongside Barca, Chelsea, Real Madrid, etc. in Europe's elite club competition with Europe looking on. The easy pleased brigade can sit at home watching on while looking forward to their 40th flag. 10 after that and you equal our record. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Yep and it's actually 3 wins in 9 but obviously the first two results don't count as they don't fit the Celtic argument. :googly: :howler:

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
I know what position I'd rather be in too. Alongside Barca, Chelsea, Real Madrid, etc. in Europe's elite club competition with Europe looking on. The easy pleased brigade can sit at home watching on while looking forward to their 40th flag. 10 after that and you equal our record. :thumbsup:
"Europe's elite competition" eh?

We've been there, done that, and bought the proverbial t-shirt here at Celtic mate. A record you can never look forward to equalling. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
King_Henrik said:

We've been there, done that, and bought the proverbial t-shirt here at Celtic mate. A record you can never look forward to equalling. :thumbsup:
Lovely, so how was that night in 67 then? Did you have a good time over in Portugal personally buddy? You must have, you seem to get very emotional about it.

Of course a cynic might say that 1967 is only a number on a page to a fellow 1983'er like yourself, as opposed to an emotion ;)

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
King_Henrik said:

Get your old cinefilm and relive (not the right word surely) those days then while we get on with the present day. ;)

1 - 20 of 131 Posts